Pro Mental Coach Review - Forum Testing

Ok, that makes sense thanks.

I very interested in seeing how this program improves everyone's game.

Thanks for following. I am really enjoying this thus far. The work is difficult, it really is mentally draining, but I think it will work well.

This program is much more intense than I thought initially. Way more intense.

I don't mean to curse anyone but I'm very curious if or how you think back to this program when you're out on the course and things go sideways. How did it help you reset or get through a tough spot without digging a hole on the scorecard.Being able to do the exercises or exergames sitting at your computer is one thing, but sitting in the 14th fairway is a different story.

I don't mean to curse anyone but I'm very curious if or how you think back to this program when you're out on the course and things go sideways. How did it help you reset or get through a tough spot without digging a hole on the scorecard.Being able to do the exercises or exergames sitting at your computer is one thing, but sitting in the 14th fairway is a different story.

I have at least two, possibly three rounds scheduled for this weekend. I will let you know. They are both tough courses so I look forward to putting some of this stuff into play!

OK I'm at a boiling point right now with this software. I have had a frustrating experience with CS so far due to the fact that I'm at work from 8:30-7pm. I email them and then don't see the response until I get home. They are not coming up with solutions but just asking more questions.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the program a few times. This makes you have to take the assessment test over and over again. The computer still freezes at the exergames. The CS is saying this has never in the history of the program happened. I am not buying that. I am extremely frustrated. Maybe this is the patience testing part of the program

I dunno man but it sounds like youre being tested. Dont fail. Haha jk dude I hope you can get this worked out.

I dunno man but it sounds like youre being tested. Dont fail. Haha jk dude I hope you can get this worked out.

He might need more than this program. CL you have my number.

He might need more than this program. CL you have my number.

LOL forum members at work helping other forum members.

I got chunky Jamie's contact info as he misplaced it. I got an almost instant response and my problems were fixed so hopefully the same for him.

After playing the "Staying Positive" game again, I must say I really hate this game. I would prefer to see the games have a "3, 2, 1... Go!" type start but they dont. This one especially hurts right away because it just throws a bunch of stuff on the screen and you start clicking to overwhelm you. These faces with expressions and words that pop on and off faster than whack-a-mole and its frustrating from a laptop.

You are really overwhelmed at the start of the game. I suspect its helping me as I get used to it, but dang, this is hard. The games get difficult and really test me. At times I felt really stupid because I never really have had trouble completing simple tasks and they do seem so simple, yet its so hard.

After playing the "Staying Positive" game again, I must say I really hate this game. I would prefer to see the games have a "3, 2, 1... Go!" type start but they dont. This one especially hurts right away because it just throws a bunch of stuff on the screen and you start clicking to overwhelm you. These faces with expressions and words that pop on and off faster than whack-a-mole and its frustrating from a laptop.

You are really overwhelmed at the start of the game. I suspect its helping me as I get used to it, but dang, this is hard. The games get difficult and really test me. At times I felt really stupid because I never really have had trouble completing simple tasks and they do seem so simple, yet its so hard.

Did you buy it or are you doing a demo?

I purchased it and I am liking what I am seeing so far. It does help me sleep by tiring me out before bed.

haha mental exhaustion. Im following along here, I might get it too.

I purchased it and I am liking what I am seeing so far. It does help me sleep by tiring me out before bed.

haha, funny you say this. it does the same for me as well.

I'm liking what I'm hearing about this so far. It really does seem like a 'training' program to get you mentally tough, rather than a load of tips or mental notes that can work for some but not others, and might be difficult to apply.

This is really interesting so far. I like the idea of the mental games.

I'm liking what I'm hearing about this so far. It really does seem like a 'training' program to get you mentally tough, rather than a load of tips or mental notes that can work for some but not others, and might be difficult to apply.

I think that is a great observation. It is going to make a person mentally tougher, while not boring them.

I tried to do some exergames after class, but after doing training yesterday and work and class I just wasn't focused.

I'll have some stuff tonight I hope. Thanks for everyone who is following along and don't hesitate to ask questions

You guys have done a great job. This is intriguing to say the least. I really like the idea of doing it before bed, as I have been having trouble sleeping lately.

Some of this confirms a theory I had earlier this year. I play better golf on weekends than on weekdays because when I play golf directly after work, I'm already mentally drained.

Very interesting everyone.

~Rock

Some of this confirms a theory I had earlier this year. I play better golf on weekends than on weekdays because when I play golf directly after work, I'm already mentally drained.

Very interesting everyone.

~Rock

I firmly believe these tests are something you need to do with a clear mind, it just makes me realize that when I play golf I need to be able to relax and focus. This mental training is kicking my butt, never thought I would say it, but it does drain you for sure.

One quick thing that I have noticed. Any games that I have ever really played, I have been able to play one of the games on beginner, get the hang of it and continue on to level intermediate, maybe play that a few times and then move on to expert and play that for a while to try and master that.

This doesnt work that way. At all.

Sure there are games where you will breeze through beginner but struggle on intermediate, but there are games where you will struggle from the get go on beginner. This to me shows how 'hearty' these training sessions are, and the breadth of Pro Mental Coach as a program. They are showing me how weak I am mentally, but teaching me ways to improve and helping me get there. And although there are three distinct levels being Beginner, Intermediate, Expert, they are really just three different variations of the game. The more times you play the beginner game, the harder it gets, and it gets notably harder! But your scores stay the same or even improve as the level of difficulty is raised and that to me shows that its working.

Because of my semi-stubborn (semi?! HA! Who am I kidding?!) personality, I get frustrated when I dont do these games well. "It seems so easy? Why cant I FREAKING do this and get 100%?!" But then I sit back, take a deep breath, and try and take it in stride. Is this another angle that the program is working to help me with? Who knows, but I am trying to take it that way.

Ive struggled in my day-to-day life with pretty severe short-term memory loss. I dont know if people on the forum can see it in my posts or not, but I do. Im also watching this carefully to see if this helps me in any way on that front as well. Not part of the thainer21 the golfer/THPer testing this product mind you, but just something that I am looking out for in turn.

Does anyone have any questions at all? I'd hate to think someone would come in here and have one but not post it! Please let me know and I will do my best to answer them. And if you dont want to post them in the forum for whatever reason, dont hesitate to PM me!

Maybe I'm forgetting this somewhere, but how long does a daily training/exergame session take?

~Rock

Maybe I'm forgetting this somewhere, but how long does a daily training/exergame session take?

~Rock

I think the daily training depends on a day to day basis, but I have only done it twice. Yesterday I was told to expect 20-25 minutes. Obviously with taking screen shots and doing the practices before each Exergame it took a bit longer, but once you become familiar with the various games I believe it is probably a legitimate 20-25 minutes. I will tell you that will be the most intense 20-25 minutes of your day for sure though. I had to take a break during mine yesterday

I'm curious aboot this too buddy....

Hanks/SW,
I think the idea is to train your brain in such a way that you are able to refocus and learn how to channel your emotions/focus to what lies infront of you, and not the fact you carded something awful on a previous hole(s). Emotions are yet another distraction, just like leaves blowing by, someone yelling fore, etc. that shift your focus, which could then lead to an errant shot (or at the very least, one that you had not visualized or intended). the point of the software i believe is to train your brain to focus, handle stress, eliminate distractions (to include random thoughts/emotions), and think in such a way that it is beneficial to your game (course management, visualizing away from 'danger', etc).

hope that answers it?

Alright so after doing another day of training of 3 new games and 1 old game, I am starting to enjoy this more. After my last training I decided to keep practicing those recommended games and wait for new ones to be introduced/recommended. On training days it gives you four games to play based on your previous cognitive results on what to play before the next training session. So I keep playing the recommended games until the new ones are introduced next session. I do not waiver from the recommendations no matter how enjoyable or unenjoyable I think games are.

Throughout all the games are sounds and visual distractions like flashes and fly bys. Youd be surprised at how distracting a lawnmower, chainsaw, or someone yelling "fore" is in the middle of gameplay.

My training schedule today was:

Lucky Ball
The Leaderboard
The Island
Putting Practice

"Lucky Ball"

Lucky Ball started by giving you a symbol or glyphic on a golf ball. After a moment, many more golf balls fall at the same time with other glyphics on them. Once they drop the clock starts, and you find match the lucky glyphic with its counterpart in the crowd as fast as you can. One thing I havent mentioned yet is the "pressure zone".. Much like the Tiger Woods video games where they pulse at an important/intense moment, this does the same. During this time I believe there are more distractions, but your rewards double. This game is enjoyable!

Spoiler

ScreenShot2012-09-20at124125PM_zps074ae893.png

ScreenShot2012-09-20at123926PM_zps5718fe54.png
"The Leaderboard"

The leaderboard is a sound-based game that involves someone calling out scores. You simply click-in the scores on the keypad on the screen in order, or reverse order, whatever is specified. Occasionally a cart will drive up and block the leaderboard, for roughly 5 seconds, after it leaves you enter in the score. It is a tough distraction! The more golfers that get called out, the harder it gets!

Two screenshots from separate rounds:
Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-20at124512PM_zps86f75f41.png

ScreenShot2012-09-20at124540PM_zps9d737bb2.png
"The Island"

The island game starts by playing a sound. This sound is of ball contact, iron or wood, followed by a specific timed delay, and a final sound. Iron sounds hit the green, and wood sounds hit the water. After the sequence of contact-wait time-impact, you are told you guess how long the shot was, then to re-enact it by holding down a key(A for iron, S for Wood), and to release it after the time. The first few times were difficult but once you get the hang of it you usually can get closer than my example screen shot! It is a pretty enjoyable game!

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-20at125032PM_zps358ada8c.png

ScreenShot2012-09-20at125213PM_zpsf584d0ed.png
"Putting Practice"

This is a game that I touched on before. Today I was put on intermediate and I struggled, although my score didnt reflect negatively on the increased difficulty. Today involved memorizing a sequence of holes from one side of the green, and trying to replay that sequence (in order or in reverse) from a different angle. Boy was this tough! With the undulations on the green it is super difficult and I struggled immensely. The score shows!

As you can see form the diagrams below, once everything gets flipped, its tough! Just knowing which holes are which in the rotation is tough, let alone the sequence! And reverse order? Puh-lease! Haha.

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-20at12924PM_zps7c5a4c3c.png

ScreenShot2012-09-20at12935PM_zps47450fdb.png
Final Scores for the day:

Spoiler
ScreenShot2012-09-20at10623PM_zpsd5cc1dac.png
Overall I did fairly well today. I struggled with the Putting Practice game but not much different than the last time I played it. I look forward to whatever my training program has in store for me!

Until next time,

Thain!

Last edited:
Nice write up Thain, all this mental thinking woulddrive me crazy! hopefully you see improvements in the next few months on your golf game

Back