I’m going to give online putting lessons a try. This should be interesting
Be interested to hear how that goes.

Really enjoying the adjusted Atlanta, not a 3 putt all round and most misses were burned edge or lipouts.

I've always been a pretty good putter, in as much as I make alot of the shorter ones.

Never been afraid to hit the ball a little stronger than most people.

I spend more time practicing on reading putts than on actually stroking them. I base all my reads off the fall line of the hole. The fall line being where the ball would roll straight to the cup, either with an uphill, or downhill roll.

I also want my misses to be on the high side of the cup.I have also heard this referred to as the "pro side miss".

After reads, I spend practice time on rolling straight putts on my chosen line. To me, all putts are straight putts, on a line not necessarily to the cup.
Except for shorter putts, I rarely see actual, full length straight putts. There is usually a break some where in most of them. Alot of those breaks are usually near the cup, one way or the other.

After that, I work on the speed of the roll. I like enough speed to roll the ball past the hole for a foot, or two. This extra speed at the cup takes care of little issues that might throw the ball off line a little at the last moment. We've all had that putt that was rolling straight to the cup, only to veer off right, or left at the last second for no apparent reason. .

Another thing I do when the practice green is crowded is use another ball to aim my putts at. I think using a smaller target helps when looking at the larger cup opening.

I do all these things at pratice times, so that during a round for a score, they are pretty much automatic. Tends to save a little time when sizing up putts.

I am so crazy content with what I have right now. Would be even more content if I could get these beauties on the course.
Carrying more than one these days? :p

if you aren’t using triple track to putt, i feel bad for you. i am being 100% serious when i say i fully expect the usga to make it illegal in the near future. it is legal cheating. and i freaking love it. i made more putts today on fast, tricky greens than i can remember making in a long time. so. much. confidence!

if you aren’t using triple track to putt, i feel bad for you. i am being 100% serious when i say i fully expect the usga to make it illegal in the near future. it is legal cheating. and i freaking love it. i made more putts today on fast, tricky greens than i can remember making in a long time. so. much. confidence!
It's a very good system, but I do think eye dominance plays a role. I've read that left eye dominant people are better off with a vertical line rather than a horizontal line (triple track) when lining up putts.

It's a very good system, but I do think eye dominance plays a role. I've read that left eye dominant people are better off with a vertical line rather than a horizontal line (triple track) when lining up putts.

i’m right eye dominant so maybe there is something to that. out of curiosity when you say “vertical line” do you mean perpendicular to the start line?

interesting. but with the data callaway gave us about the improvements they saw when analyzing alignment accuracy and consistency with and without triple track, i can’t imagine they tested a sample size of all right-eye dominant golfers.

i’m right eye dominant so maybe there is something to that. out of curiosity when you say “vertical line” do you mean perpendicular to the start line?
It's been a game changer for me also on putts ten feet and in but I'm also right eye dominant. Other than spending a ton of time practice putting I can't think of anything that has improved my putting game as much.

Yup, and this is why I always gravitate back to a naked blade putter.

makes me super curious about having a putter like this;

View attachment 8919384

put an nsfw tag on that. WOW!!! few things are sexier than an artisan blade putter. but fortunately for my wallet, I can't putt with a blade and mallet putters lack that sex appeal.

I saw that and would have bought it I was fast enough. So nice

1) Love the triple track!
2) What' the best putting aid you've used? I have a putt-out that I've just grown addicted to and has helped a bunch with speed control. Looking for something to scoot up my putting game to the next level.

I am a big podcast listener and I was listening to one that stated that a reverse triangle, or a triangle with that point away from the target is one of the best alignment types there is. Made me curious...

Other than that, LAB putters I think is really on to something with their lie angle balanced putters that actually want to by design stay square rather than fight square. I had used one that I picked up for a while and really liked it. It just was not fit to me so it was a bit too flat so I sold it.

I saw that and would have bought it I was fast enough. So nice
The only thing that stopped me was the fact that I'd already got one from his 12 days.

I could have easily been the first DM. Glad I didn't but sad at the same time. It is an absolute beauty.

Back