It's a very good system, but I do think eye dominance plays a role. I've read that left eye dominant people are better off with a vertical line rather than a horizontal line (triple track) when lining up putts.
How is this the first time I am ever hearing if this. Thats very interesting, especially as a left eye dominant person

How is this the first time I am ever hearing if this. Thats very interesting, especially as a left eye dominant person
I don't even know what eye is dominate for me. :unsure:

It's a very good system, but I do think eye dominance plays a role. I've read that left eye dominant people are better off with a vertical line rather than a horizontal line (triple track) when lining up putts.

This is very interesting. I reached out to two putter people, neither affiliated with Triple Track to dive a bit deeper.

I may have inadvertently proved this point for myself a little while back.

I'd long played a black Directed Force Reno putter. Because it's a huge anchor (Popeye's, I think) for a putter, the vertical at address alignment line that runs the length of the top line is very long and REALLY helps me get square to the target line.

Loving the putter but wanting to toy with look, I bought the very same putter but in blue on ebay.

Seller sent me the wrong putter. It was blue and the specs all matched but the alignment aid was three horizontal lines rather than the one with the vertical line along the topline that I'd ordered. He said to try it out, if it worked he'd give me a generous break on price, of course I was curious and gave it an honest chance.

AWFUL for me. Eyes closed, I couldn't tell the difference between it and my present putter but with eyes over the ball... no bueno. At all.

Returned it for the proper blue one with desired alignment aid and waddaya know, no ill effects at all as I putt just as well with it as my black one. I just happen to like the look of Popeye's blue anchor.

Incidentally, I'll also play my Scotty Squareback 1.5 and it only has one horizontal alignment line. But this thread makes me realize that I actually only use the topline to square the putter to target.

Weird because I never before considered it as to maybe an eye dominance thing, just went with what felt natural.

FWIW, I was right eye dominant my first 40 years on this earth but the left took over 100% a dozen or so years ago.

Never attributed any impact wrt golf but it stands to reason that there would be some.

Because when it comes to shooting (retired police officer, I'll only now occasionally shoot to test functionality... the guns' and mine!), it was a huge shift for me. Quick adjustment but changing tactical habits took a little time. I mostly practice point & shoot and my shift in eye dominance demanded I turn my head slightly right for an accurate thrust at target.

This is very interesting. I reached out to two putter people, neither affiliated with Triple Track to dive a bit deeper.

As a left eye dominant right handed golfer, I'm quite interested in this.

As a left eye dominant right handed golfer, I'm quite interested in this.

One person answered and said he didn't think it was the case, but was going to do a bit of research and get back to me. He is a putting instructor. I should know more soon.

One person answered and said he didn't think it was the case, but was going to do a bit of research and get back to me. He is a putting instructor. I should know more soon.

i'm really curious about this too. because Callaway gave us some info on their testing of accuracy and consistency of aim with and without triple track. the percentages were astounding. it seems statistically impossible that they only including right-eye dominant golfers in their sample size.

i'm really curious about this too. because Callaway gave us some info on their testing of accuracy and consistency of aim with and without triple track. the percentages were astounding. it seems statistically impossible that they only including right-eye dominant golfers in their sample size.
I wonder if multiple lines is the difference. I can absolutely see it with one line, as whenever I line it up that way, it definitely doesn’t look straight when I set up. But 3 lines might help that? I believe I’ve actually seen Dustin Johnson putt with a vertical line before, unless I’m remembering that horribly wrong.

I wonder if multiple lines is the difference. I can absolutely see it with one line, as whenever I line it up that way, it definitely doesn’t look straight when I set up. But 3 lines might help that? I believe I’ve actually seen Dustin Johnson putt with a vertical line before, unless I’m remembering that horribly wrong.

Not to head too far down the rabbit hole, but with Triple Track (and the actual science behind it), it is 1 part the number of lines, 1 part the thickness of each line and 1 part the colors.

The three lines made the difference for me. I've tried one line before and hated it. I felt like I could never get it lined up correctly and then it looked wrong standing over it. Plus the three lines really help me square up my putter face to the ball correctly.

I can't find where I read it - Could have come from the eye dominance in putting thread I created a few weeks ago.

That said, I've tried many times to incorporate a line into my putting and I genuinely struggle. Mostly because my visual perception of that line changes when I get up to the putt. I've found that aiming at an imperfection in the putting line, for me, generates much better consistency.

Someone mentioned vertical lines for left eye dominant people and I thought the same as I do with a line in general; rough to get it accurately perfect (SeeMore would agree).

I can't find where I read it - Could have come from the eye dominance in putting thread I created a few weeks ago.

That said, I've tried many times to incorporate a line into my putting and I genuinely struggle. Mostly because my visual perception of that line changes when I get up to the putt. I've found that aiming at an imperfection in the putting line, for me, generates much better consistency.

Someone mentioned vertical lines for left eye dominant people and I thought the same as I do with a line in general; rough to get it accurately perfect (SeeMore would agree).
In a putter fitting I've done it was never brought up as a hard and fast rule, but was mentioned that my left eye dominance was perhaps the reason I am able to line up to a target more accurately without a line on the ball/putter.

Letting the toe close feels very very strange. I’ve always fought it but letting it happen works

Just do a simple google search. Just search eye dominance test. I did it using my thumb.
I actually did a few minutes ago. I can't tell for sure, but I think I'm left eye dominate.

Had a decent putting day today. Playing the #bladeymallet that I was fitted for at TheGrandaddy. Will be interesting to be able to discuss this more in detail later. I haven't been using my Toulon Columbus at all since getting this putter and have been enjoying it.

Had a decent putting day today. Playing the #bladeymallet that I was fitted for at TheGrandaddy. Will be interesting to be able to discuss this more in detail later. I haven't been using my Toulon Columbus at all since getting this putter and have been enjoying it.

good to hear you’re enjoying it. i know you loved that columbus.

good to hear you’re enjoying it. i know you loved that columbus.
I really want to see what it will do on the summer greens, but putting on the winter greens has been quite good.
Great distance control!!!!

FWIW, I was right eye dominant my first 40 years on this earth but the left took over 100% a dozen or so years ago.

Interesting! I always assumed a person's eye-dominance was unchanging. Never considered the possibility that it could switch!

Back