It seems like it’s a fit, and communication has been good. That’s the biggest step imo.
Good communication can make up for so many other things for me.

Good communication can make up for so many other things for me.
Big reason I like the Swag guys. Always been crazy fast with a reply and answer. It def makes a difference.

It seems like it’s a fit, and communication has been good. That’s the biggest step imo.
It would be AMAZING if it worked out.

In the meantime, it's time to get a steel shaft into mine to see how it works out.

So a CCPO trade in transaction just happened.

EXOted

Big reason I like the Swag guys. Always been crazy fast with a reply and answer. It def makes a difference.

I can definitely respect that for sure. That damn name though haha. I enjoy a lot of their other stuff. Ugh.

Oh I get that take, it’s just never been an issue to me personally. Paint is paint. I care way more about the shape and design.
You're 100% right. Paint is paint. That wasn't my point. ;) The idea of boutique is that it's small batch, local, and high end. First and foremost, perception of high end comes from finish. I look at it this way: If I opened a boutique clothing shop in Beverly Hills, and attempted to sell my very expensive, beautiful clothing, I wouldn't last long if my items had loose threads, or small snags.

To people who know how to fix that stuff, we may see it for what it is, a beautiful piece that can be made into perfect with a little elbow grease. You and I are in a very small minority that can actually do that. The general public maybe wouldn't give something "not perfect" a second look, especially at the price points of which we're speaking.

My point was to say that if you are going to try to get yourself lumped in the category of high end boutique, you should make sure all aspects of your product fit the bill.

After watching Louis put on a clinic this weekend in putting, and seeing how close his hands are to his body, I tried out a new closer more upright putting stance while practicing. I gotta say, I think I’m sold on it to use for all of next season. My stroke felt pretty fluid and I didn’t have the random time where I felt like I was pulling the putter head super inside on the take away that I sometimes get. Could be interesting

I finally let the voice in my head ( @Canadan ) talk me into trying a new putter win. I’ve played a single putter my entire golf life. My trusty brass blade Arnold Palmer Signature. This putter has a plumbers neck and full offset making it a face balanced blade. I like to think of myself as a decent putter. For a hacker.

My Arccos data back me up. After 7 rounds I’m a 1.99 putts per hole guy. With 81.1% two putts and the same number of 1 and 3 putts.

But that voice told me, new technology changed the rest of your game for the better....the putter is the most important club in your bag.....

So off the the store I went. I rolled every putter I could get my hands on. From the top to bottom of price. Blades, mallets, toe hang, and balanced. Two things became obvious even, I have to fight a toe hang putt. (Not good). And one putter stood out over all the rest.

Callaway CPO had a new one and a flash sale....I had a driver to trade in thanks to THP. And now I own an Odyssey Stroke Lab EXO #7 with the double bend!

Can’t wait to get out on course with this beaut.

D308C625-4F85-4AA1-B818-97282E48A361.jpeg

Last edited:
S neck was kicked to the curb. WTH was I thinking going that route? Double bend has been acquired

S neck was kicked to the curb. WTH was I thinking going that route? Double bend has been acquired

I tried, I really tried to move away from what I know and I'm back on the comfort train lol

I tried, I really tried to move away from what I know and I'm back on the comfort train lol

just not getting settled with the insert? Too soft?

just not getting settled with the insert? Too soft?

Always been more comfortable with a milled face. From my fitting, wasn't getting the forward roll with the insert than with a milled face, decided to go back.

Every time I try a S neck it's a mistake. After the Odyssey event and talking with Sean and Luke, double or single bend for me is the only way to go for my stroke

I’ve gotten so comfortable and putted so well with my face balanced Double bend mallet that I know where to start in my fitting with Luke and Sean. Zero degrees of toe hang but bent a few degrees flat have been a game changer for me in 2019.

I know at Callaway they’ll fine tune everything and get me in the perfect setup.

Trying new things is fun!

Am going to be very interested to see what the putter fitting at club champion comes up with for me. May have to head to the pondering or what did you buy today threads after the results :oops:

Back