Yup, and they should be pushing it WAY more.

they should have been pushing their putter stuff more for years. The Huntington Beach putters felt as good if not better than 90% of the milled putters out there that cost at least 3x as much. Alignment is a huge topic in putters and 2135 was so under-marketed it's a crime. Same with what they have for the Frontline putters now. It's a reason I was happy for Cleveland to finally nab Crossfield because, with all the travel videos, he will certainly make sure the Frontline putter is in the conversation.

they should have been pushing their putter stuff more for years. The Huntington Beach putters felt as good if not better than 90% of the milled putters out there that cost at least 3x as much. Alignment is a huge topic in putters and 2135 was so under-marketed it's a crime. Same with what they have for the Frontline putters now. It's a reason I was happy for Cleveland to finally nab Crossfield because, with all the travel videos, he will certainly make sure the Frontline putter is in the conversation.

absolutely, 100%

They brought the Huntington beach line out about the same time as the Cleveland event I went to a few years ago, and they were shocking.

TM Spider Mini...they're on sale (and then tack on my military discount so they'd be sub-$200) and I like the look of them moreso than the regular spider. or is the regular Spider THAT much better?

TM Spider Mini...they're on sale (and then tack on my military discount so they'd be sub-$200) and I like the look of them moreso than the regular spider. or is the regular Spider THAT much better?
Spider mini was a slightly weird shape IMO. Spider X does a much much better job at what they were going for with that one.

THAT much better, I don't know. For me the shaping was better to my eye of the larger spider. But it's still a forgiving elevated MOI mallet with the same insert IIRC. If you like the shape better, I'd say go for it.

Spider mini was a slightly weird shape IMO. Spider X does a much much better job at what they were going for with that one.

THAT much better, I don't know. For me the shaping was better to my eye of the larger spider. But it's still a forgiving elevated MOI mallet with the same insert IIRC. If you like the shape better, I'd say go for it.

there's just something about the back end of the spider that makes me think "thrusters"...

there's just something about the back end of the spider that makes me think "thrusters"...

As someone who has played one for a while, I get that. Spider X like cbaker said, gives a bit of a different take that removes the feeling that it's ready for takeoff. But I'd definitely say go with the shape that you enjoy the most.

I actually liked the performance and looks of the mini over that of the spider or the x.

Confused by the different Ping Anser/Anser2 style offerings. I see Heppler, Vault 2, Vault and even Sigma 2. Other than the Sigma 2 withe face insert, it seems the other three appear to be variations of the same style. I guess the various options are a good thing. But, fairly confusing to differentiate them. Agree?

Adam killed it with the 2135 concept/idea.

Miss that guy.

It is truly amazing how one week of practice can totally turn your putting game around.

Thanks @Space Bandito your two minute grip suggestions have made a world of difference to my putting game

Among the great feelings in the game...the driver right on the screws...the long iron to the center of the green....is that moment when your putt still has a few feet to roll but it's IN THE CUP ALL THE WAY! (y)

Among the great feelings in the game...the driver right on the screws...the long iron to the center of the green....is that moment when your putt still has a few feet to roll but it's IN THE CUP ALL THE WAY! (y)
I, unfortunately, have never had that Feeling.....:facepalm:

Bad Putters Never Die, We Just Multiply :drinks:

I bought a putting mat for the house to practice my putting this winter. I haven’t even opened the box yet. I need to work on alignment, hand placement, and a better stroke. I’ve got a few months yet, but I need to get after it soon!

I bought a putting mat for the house to practice my putting this winter. I haven’t even opened the box yet. I need to work on alignment, hand placement, and a better stroke. I’ve got a few months yet, but I need to get after it soon!

:drinks:

I was working on stroke and distance on our well traveled hallway carpet (the roll is actually pretty similar to some of the softer greens around here) and getting consistent rolls into the 8-10ft range...was pretty pleased with that.

and after rolling putts with all of my putters, I think the Huntington Beach Soft 8.5 is something I wanna try...

Putter people, as a goof I tried putting some lead tape on the toe of my Atlanta to get more hang. This did nothing to the toe hang that I could tell even with about 20 grams of tape.

My question is, is it the shaft angle or just the overall weghting that makes toe hang? Never really thought about it before and now I am curious.
It's the location of the center of mass (AKA center of gravity = COG) in relation to the putter shaft axis. think of the COG as the balance point of the putter head. You can put a ton of weight on a putter head, but if it makes the COG line up with the axis (extend a line from the centerline of the shaft), then that mass will not cause the head to hang or twist. But add a little bit of weight in a different location, and the COG shifts off-axis & the putter head wants to hang.

It's one reason I've always liked the SeeMore putters with what they call "face-balanced at impact". Essentially the COG of the putter head is aligned with the axis of the shaft, so the putter head is very stable when you make a stroke on plane.

Hope this helps.

There will be a quiz Friday on this:devilish:

and after rolling putts with all of my putters, I think the Huntington Beach Soft 8.5 is something I wanna try...

Just keep Putting

I am so sold on what Sean and Co. are doing. Not sure when, but most likely adding a Seattle at some point in the future.

D62A20F3-9045-469B-B7D9-420C76779153.jpeg

I’m flirting with the idea of letting go of the first run Toulon and the pre odyssey headcovers. Got some bills to pay lol

Back