PXG Rumored To Have Signed 5 in Top 50

It may bear noting that Parsons made his original millions off of a company he started and operated out of Cedar Rapids in the 1980 through the mid-90s. Due to those ties he may have been willing to throw more money at ZJ than Titleist was since ZJ also hails from Cedar Rapids. Heck Go Daddy still has a large branch in Cedar Rapids and he still has a holiday party here where the last few years he has brought in Snoop Dogg, Beyonce, and Maroon 5 to be the live entertainment.

The signing of Zach surprised me more than any of the others. Just didn't see that one coming. I guess it is true that money talks, and BS walks.

So what happens if these guys don't play better with these new clubs, is it considered a fail? What happens if they finish just on par with what they did last year? Is that considered success for year 1?

I think a lot of weight is placed on these guys to play better just because they switched to new clubs. I mean look what happened to Rory after year one and then look at him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what happens if these guys don't play better with these new clubs, is it considered a fail? What happens if they finish just on par with what they did last year? Is that considered success for year 1?

I think a lot of weight is placed on these guys to play better just because they switched to new clubs. I mean look what happened to Rory after year one and then look at him now.

very true about Rory. I think this might be more than anything a way to get the name and the clubs more out there in the public eye. They're obviously beyond the reach of 90%+ of golfers out there just due to the fact that a full bag will run you $5,000. I would guess at some point there is a more reasonably priced set of PXG clubs out there that might be more in line with the $1,000 to $1,200 of current sets.

I've noticed a few guys without PXG putters from their tour staff, and some guys well under 14 clubs from PXG in the bag.

Wondering if that's an indication of where they are with their putters? Should be fun to see that unfold over the next year.

I've noticed a few guys without PXG putters from their tour staff, and some guys well under 14 clubs from PXG in the bag.

Wondering if that's an indication of where they are with their putters? Should be fun to see that unfold over the next year.

I actually dig the look of their plumbers neck and their center shafted flat sticks. With these guys tho, especially a guy like Zach I'm sure the putter is the toughest thing to give up or switch.

I caught parts of the piece on MD this morning about PXG. Some of things I caught that stood out were he mentioned that some of the players who came over are getting paid less than what they were making with previous sponsor.

He said he plans to have eye catching advertisement along the lines of previous Super Bowl commercials and they will have a warning that says these clubs are expensive but perform(paraphrasing)

I caught parts of the piece on MD this morning about PXG. Some of things I caught that stood out were he mentioned that some of the players who came over are getting paid less than what they were making with previous sponsor.

He said he plans to have eye catching advertisement along the lines of previous Super Bowl commercials and they will have a warning that says these clubs are expensive but perform(paraphrasing)
I saw that too and found it interesting. Wonder if it's true and how much less. What would be their motivation? Perhaps just switching to something new I guess idk

Could be a bonus structure to keep initial salary down.

I actually dig the look of their plumbers neck and their center shafted flat sticks. With these guys tho, especially a guy like Zach I'm sure the putter is the toughest thing to give up or switch.

Is Zach using a PXG putter? Thought I saw his trusty SeeMore at the Sony.

No he's still got his SeeMore in the bag. I was just thinking that the putter would probably the last club for the new guys to switch.

I saw that too and found it interesting. Wonder if it's true and how much less. What would be their motivation? Perhaps just switching to something new I guess idk

could be some bonus stuff for wins, top 10s,etc but it could be about the equipment and how good it is.

still has SeeMore. His last putter switch didn't go so well.

could be some bonus stuff for wins, top 10s,etc but it could be about the equipment and how good it is.

still has SeeMore. His last putter switch didn't go so well.

Isn't most of his team from PING, and doesn't PING use a similar structure with the merit based pay? That would make sense.

I can chime in a little on Kirk since he uses the same teaching pro as my best friend... For him, money talks and that is part of the reasoning for this. His teaching pro (who also teaches Recari) has said overall their numbers for what they are looking for have been improved by these clubs and they are legit in his mind. What stands out to me from a technology standpoint is other than Horschel, none of these guys are exactly what I call bombers. They are all tactical type players that are patient and use their short game. Between the wedges and the irons being a bit longer from what I have heard, that fits the mold to help these players

I love the inside info here. Thanks for sharing Kyle!

Is he talking about the GoDaddy commercials? I can't see that going over well at all.

Is he talking about the GoDaddy commercials? I can't see that going over well at all.

Im sure some of them are making less though, because they did not get renewed and could not find a similar deal money wise. In fact I know of a couple.
As for the ads, it will get people talking which is the goal.

Yep. He didn't get int specifics about how the ads would go and I'm thinking they won't have some of the risqué factor to them but would be more of an attention grabbing type ad. I was in an out of the room during the piece and the were jumping around from interview snippets, with him to one of the golf digest guys commenting and the MD crew as well. I just happened to be around for those two parts and also caught a small piece about the golf course/club he bought and that he told the embers there were some who used the club a lot and contributed nothing and others who contributed more. He bought out members who didn't contribute to the club and some left based on his message.

Bryson DeChambeau to PXG would make a lot of sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Bryson DeChambeau to PXG would make a lot of sense to me.

I can't see him leaving Edel at this point due to the amount of work that went into making his clubs as custom as they are.

I can't see him leaving Edel at this point due to the amount of work that went into making his clubs as custom as they are.
That's a form of PXG's market though, being custom fit and using the weights so that the clubs can fit every golfer personally. I think it would be easier for PXG to make him a set of clubs than it would be for Edel, using all the weights/screws to give him an exact swing weight (C8) like his Edel's, they'd just have to make a set for him so they all have the same lie (69*).

I didn't get to watch much of the Wells Fargo. Did PXG get any specific mentions by the commentators due to Hahn's play & subsequent victory?

I didn't get to watch much of the Wells Fargo. Did PXG get any specific mentions by the commentators due to Hahn's play & subsequent victory?

I didn't watch much either but I hope not. They never get brand specific when talking equipment. It's always vague comments like "All new irons" or "new golf ball" but never mention the brand

Back