Quail Hollow Championship [spoilers]

Winner: Woods
Disappointment: Mickelson
Darkhorse: Furyk

I'm back..................................

Winner: Tiger Woods(he's pissed and he wants a victory)
Disappointment: Phil Mickelson(Lefty is up there on the leaderboard but melts during the weekend.)
Darkhorse: Rory Sabbatini(I know, I know) Been a struggle this year but it is only a matter of time.

:)

Thanks for the good laugh....hahahahahaa. (No, I'm not laughing at his picks. Some people may know... :p )

Tiger seems to be a popular pick here!

Winner-Tiger

notable who I would like to see do well- Ian Poulter

i really dont understand the concept of a darkhorse pick

i don't either, that's why i've asked a hundred times what constitutes a dark horse? JB says that it has to be someone ranked outside the top 15-20 in the world, you seem to think that it can't be someone who's ever played in the ryder cup. so i don't know. if i said boo weekley would he be a dark horse? he did represent the US but he's hardly been a threat to win a tournament in a year and a half.

shed some light, don't just make "those" comments.

TC,
My rule of thumb with a darkhorse is definitely someone ranked outside the top 10 and normally outside the top 15-20. Ryder Cup means nothing, Boo, Ben Curtis, Sergio, all of them would be dark horse picks. Just my thoughts, and I will give you garbage, but whatever you make works for me...hehe

TC,
My rule of thumb with a darkhorse is definitely someone ranked outside the top 10 and normally outside the top 15-20. Ryder Cup means nothing, Boo, Ben Curtis, Sergio, all of them would be dark horse picks. Just my thoughts, and I will give you garbage, but whatever you make works for me...hehe

i know where you stand and i think that's fair enough, but when another forum member calls out others based on their picks, i find that to be a bit annoying. i'm cool with setting a standard that a top 10-15 pick can't be a dark horse but where does it end, and why is it that one can criticize someone elses picks? you know my stance here.

i know where you stand and i think that's fair enough, but when another forum member calls out others based on their picks, i find that to be a bit annoying. i'm cool with setting a standard that a top 10-15 pick can't be a dark horse but where does it end, and why is it that one can criticize someone elses picks? you know my stance here.

I agree with you 100%.

Dark horse? Is this about the Derby? wth

Hmm my dark horse would be thanks1974

OEM in da house!

any word on if Phil is gonna play in the tourney yet? I saw he withdrew from the pro-am due to illness.

+1

I feel like Tiger will make a strong showing, top 3. Phil not so much. He's still got a Masters hangover. And just for you thainer, from the urban dictionary:

dark horse

Not the main favored candidate. Someone somewhat unkown who exceeds expectations of all others in an event. This saying is said to go back to the Victorian politician Benjamin Disraeli who, apart from finding time to regularly become Prime Minister, also found time to write a novel called "The Young Duke". In the book there is a description of a horse race in which the two favourites cannot make the running. In the meanwhile "a dark horse...rushed past the grandstand in a sweeping triumph".

And then we have this one, which is good but could be confusing to some:

dark horse

A mysterious or shy person who unexpectedly turns out to be the best at something.

Popularly used to describe a man who may not initially catch a lady’s attention but is then unpredictably, completely charming (and, if the lady really hits the jackpot, is fantastic in bed). Due to the element of surprise, a dark horse can often beguile even the most beautiful and intelligent ladies into bed.
‘You got Lizzie into bed? Damn, you’re a dark horse man. We’ve all been trying for months’

And then there was #4 which I cant post here. haha

As of now he is playing from what we are hearing. But will not know until it hits the wire for sure tomorrow morning. I am excited about this event. This is the beginning of two weeks of great golf tournies. As they said on Tour Talk this week, I think we are all in for a treat.

i saw that too sunday. i hope he plays but i don't know.

+1

I feel like Tiger will make a strong showing, top 3. Phil not so much. He's still got a Masters hangover. And just for you thainer, from the urban dictionary:

dark horse

Not the main favored candidate. Someone somewhat unkown who exceeds expectations of all others in an event. This saying is said to go back to the Victorian politician Benjamin Disraeli who, apart from finding time to regularly become Prime Minister, also found time to write a novel called "The Young Duke". In the book there is a description of a horse race in which the two favourites cannot make the running. In the meanwhile "a dark horse...rushed past the grandstand in a sweeping triumph".

And then we have this one, which is good but could be confusing to some:

dark horse

A mysterious or shy person who unexpectedly turns out to be the best at something.

Popularly used to describe a man who may not initially catch a lady’s attention but is then unpredictably, completely charming (and, if the lady really hits the jackpot, is fantastic in bed). Due to the element of surprise, a dark horse can often beguile even the most beautiful and intelligent ladies into bed.
‘You got Lizzie into bed? Damn, you’re a dark horse man. We’ve all been trying for months’

And then there was #4 which I cant post here. haha

finally! some clerification. thanks kevin.

As of now he is playing from what we are hearing. But will not know until it hits the wire for sure tomorrow morning. I am excited about this event. This is the beginning of two weeks of great golf tournies. As they said on Tour Talk this week, I think we are all in for a treat.

i am too JB. i need to figure out a way to be at home tomorrow afternoon. i think the golf channel starts coverage at noon.

black-horse-running-in-green-meadow1.jpg

Black Beauty!

:laughing: nice

Re: Quail Hollow Championship [spoilers]

The train is off the rails now... We have a black beauty sighting on THP lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And AKim is set for surgery after this tournament? Or after The Players?

Impressive.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

on AK: I heard he will wait till after the Ryder Cup as it will take 3 months before he can swing a club, and that the Ryder cup is his main focus this year

AK doesn't seem to be too bothered by that thumb as he's out to a great start in this event. Tiger Woods on the other hand, +4 thru 10 holes...birdied his first hole of the day then went straight downhill from there.

Back