R.I.P. Puttin4Bird

As the Morgan Cup approaches, I wanted to kick this thread to the top for a moment.

I was never blessed with the opportunity to meet Jake personally, but it’s impossible to not have been impacted in some way by him on the forum and through those he got to share his time with. He was the 2018 Morgan Cup captain for team Hackers and a legend during his time here.

I hope his memory lives on as we enter another Morgan Cup. Cheers to Jake.
Man, tearing up seeing this pop up again.

Jake is the man. Never met anyone like him in my life, and he was a TRUE friend. A truly special person, that I am forever grateful for having to know and spend time with. Every in person interaction I had with him ended with a full on two armed hug.

I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with him.

There is nothing that compares to a round of golf with P4B.

As the Morgan Cup approaches, I wanted to kick this thread to the top for a moment.

I was never blessed with the opportunity to meet Jake personally, but it’s impossible to not have been impacted in some way by him on the forum and through those he got to share his time with. He was the 2018 Morgan Cup captain for team Hackers and a legend during his time here.

I hope his memory lives on as we enter another Morgan Cup. Cheers to Jake.
Glad you bumped this. Jake was a legend. I wish i had been able to spend time with him even just a little. I will be bringing this with me out to Dormie...

20230922_195030.jpg

seeing this thread made me think of what is one of the best weekends of my life at the morgan cup with Jake @KEV bigsky @JimBetts xman. Jake was the key as he made everyone feel like old friends instantaneously. RIP

Man, tearing up seeing this pop up again.

Jake is the man. Never met anyone like him in my life, and he was a TRUE friend. A truly special person, that I am forever grateful for having to know and spend time with. Every in person interaction I had with him ended with a full on two armed hug.

I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with him.

There is nothing that compares to a round of golf with P4B.
Still the only man to ever kiss me! 🤣

20180518_102911.jpg

2018 Morgan Cup pratice round. I was lucky to get to play with Jake. It was a conversation I had with him that made me feel at ease.
What a 4 some that day!

View attachment 9206742

2018 Morgan Cup pratice round. I was lucky to get to play with Jake. It was a conversation I had with him that made me feel at ease.
What a 4 some that day!
Was a helluva MC event. Jake was an amazing dude and made an impact on everyone he met!

seeing this thread made me think of what is one of the best weekends of my life at the morgan cup with Jake @KEV bigsky @JimBetts xman. Jake was the key as he made everyone feel like old friends instantaneously. RIP

That was one of the most fun weekends I've ever had too. That last night might be the most I’ve ever laughed in one night in my life.

Jake is still really missed in our area. Our home course just doesn’t feel the same without him there.

Every time I think of the Morgan Cup I remember us all sitting by the pool and some random guy comes over to talk to Jake. That was the beginning of a most epic night! Jake was a magnet for fun and laughter!

Thank you for bumping this thread up. It provided some of us who weren’t aware, an opportunity to know about Jake. I didn’t have the honor to meet Jake but he was obviously beloved by many here. Everyone’s glowing statements are a testament to his positive influence. Wish more of us could’ve met him…

Damn…all the feels.

Today was the anniversary of Jake’s passing. I think about Jake often & the blessing he had on my life. Miss you buddy.
A fantastic guy, gone way too soon. I see the pin on my bag every round I play. While the King event was great... That extra round at Torrey Pines with Jake and the other fellas is something that will stick in my heart forever.2015-05-04.jpgIMAG1670.jpgIMAG1657.jpg

Today was the anniversary of Jake’s passing. I think about Jake often & the blessing he had on my life. Miss you buddy.
Man this boggles my mind. He was such a good hearted dude.

I was talking about old Jake the other day. Stories and memories of him still make me laugh and smile. I know he’s spreading that joy of his somewhere.

I never had the pleasure, but from reading a few comments here. Rest in Peace - friend.

Man I am thankful I got to meet Jake at the MC.
Sometimes Life just doesn't seem fair. RIP Sir!

I was talking about old Jake the other day. Stories and memories of him still make me laugh and smile. I know he’s spreading that joy of his somewhere.
The picture of the 4 of us at the MC popped up on my Facebook memories, brought back so many laughs, but saddened me at the same time.

Miss that dude.

Bumped in to the photos of us on my phone at Erin Hills.
What a great person he was.

RIP Jake.. he was one of the best.

Back