R.I.P. Puttin4Bird

Seeing the Morgan Cup trophy made me think of Jake. The few events I was at with him made me remember that EVERYONE knew when Jake was in the room. The dude was a force.

Just seeing this for the first time. I always enjoyed his posts and positive energy on the forum. RIP.

And a good reminder to live life to the fullest. I came close to becoming a footnote to life in 2016. Life is precious.

Sitting here holding this little guy named after my brother. Can’t help but think about him. Especially this time of year as the MC signups start. That huge smile was always so welcoming and I wish I could see it and have those long talks again. I need to send a few more photos of the little guy to Allie soon too. I know they miss you more then anyone and hope seeing this little guy at least brightens her day.

79DF674B-EAF3-4989-9627-1D6D3A61D9AC.jpeg

Sitting here holding this little guy named after my brother. Can’t help but think about him. Especially this time of year as the MC signups start. That huge smile was always so welcoming and I wish I could see it and have those long talks again. I need to send a few more photos of the little guy to Allie soon too. I know they miss you more then anyone and hope seeing this little guy at least brightens her day.

View attachment 8923186

Lifting you all up my my thoughts. What a handsome young man.

Lifting you all up my my thoughts. What a handsome young man.
Thanks. If he turns in to even half the man he was named for I will be pleased.

View attachment 8923186
This post made my heart hurt, but in a happy way. Because I could see his grin immediately in my head.

I think about him during the dangdest moments. But then I always think, that’s so perfectly Jake.

Prayers out to your family Jake!

Last edited:
This post made my heart hurt, but in a happy way. Because I could see his grin immediately in my head.

I think about him during the dangdest moments. But then I always think, that’s so perfectly Jake.
Sorry man didn’t really mean to make you have any heartache. Jake was just on my mind last night.

I miss him everyday, I didn’t expect to see this thread today. I think a few hip hop Friday videos are in order!! #jakebeats

I miss him everyday, I didn’t expect to see this thread today. I think a few hip hop Friday videos are in order!! #jakebeats
I am with you Freddie. I think about him all the time but last night especially. Through down some #jakebeats for us bro!

Picked that up from Jake during the MC and still got Sirius XM Rock The Bells playing every Friday during work commute.....hard to NOT think about him...especially on Fridays. Loved watching some of the videos you guys would send each other!!!

Sorry man didn’t really mean to make you have any heartache. Jake was just on my mind last night.
It’s a good heartache brotherman, it made me think of that smile, and that’s always a good thing.

It’s a good heartache brotherman, it made me think of that smile, and that’s always a good thing.
I know what you mean. Brings tears to your eyes thinking about it but also makes you smile at the time.

At first I thought it was odd to see this thread up top but with Morgan Cup signups it all makes sense. I watched a video of last night and saw some pics that just made me smile. Even though we only hung out for a weekend he left a lasting impression. Miss you Jake

It is hip-hop Friday, after all!

I know what you mean. Brings tears to your eyes thinking about it but also makes you smile at the time.

I did meet in person your brother, however, your post reminded me of some things in my own life, that I wanted to be reminded of. Not easy, but needed. Thank you ? ? ?

It is hip-hop Friday, after all!

I did meet in person your brother, however, your post reminded me of some things in my own life, that I wanted to be reminded of. Not easy, but needed. Thank you ? ? ?
To be clear Jake is and always will be my THP brother. We are not related at all. He left a huge impression on me by being they type of man anyone should strive to be. My son was named for him because of this. As a parent, I can think of no better role model or person for my son to be like. I honestly don’t feel like there is any other way to tell someone how awesome he truly was and still is. The little guy is only 4 months old now but as soon as he is old enough to understand, he is going to learn about the man behind his name and he dang well better do his best to live his life being as good a person and hopefully making as much of an impact on others as Jake did.

Everytime I see this thread or any thread about the Morgan Cup I think about Jake

Really hard to believe and wrap my head around the fact that P4B has been gone for an entire year as of today. I think about you often my friend.....

Really hard to believe and wrap my head around the fact that P4B has been gone for an entire year as of today. I think about you often my friend.....

I popped in to say I thought of the man who is legend to me today.
I seen FB posts from his daughter today and remembered my times with Jake.

He was my partner at my first ever THP event. His smile, his enormous personality, the way he engaged those around him.

He was a hell of a guy.

I have met some incredible people on here, and Jake was indeed incredible.

Rest easy big fella!
You are loved and missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I sit here in the parking lot of my home course Jake is at the top of my mind. Today I'm playing in our courses Pro Am event where for many years Jake played with his dad and it was always one of his favorite events. I know they had a lot of great memories together including Jake blading a 5 iron for a hole in one during the event.

To make today even better I'm playing with Jake's dad. I've played in this with him ever since Jake passed. While I can never replace the legend that was Puttin4bird it's an honor for me to be able to take his place and play with his dad. I miss the hell out of Jake and I'll be thinking of him a lot throughout the day.

As I sit here in the parking lot of my home course Jake is at the top of my mind. Today I'm playing in our courses Pro Am event where for many years Jake played with his dad and it was always one of his favorite events. I know they had a lot of great memories together including Jake blading a 5 iron for a hole in one during the event.

To make today even better I'm playing with Jake's dad. I've played in this with him ever since Jake passed. While I can never replace the legend that was Puttin4bird it's an honor for me to be able to take his place and play with his dad. I miss the hell out of Jake and I'll be thinking of him a lot throughout the day.
Love this Kev. You’re a good one. Drop some 90’s hip-hop for the legend today and make his pops smile!

Love this Kev. You’re a good one. Drop some 90’s hip-hop for the legend today and make his pops smile!
I'm rocking the Jordans and definitely will be playing 90's hip hop in his honor today.

Didn’t Jesse play w/ him this year? Out of the blue, for some reason that day, I sent him the last “good morning” video he made to us before his accident. Don’t know why but just felt right to do. Jesse then replies how that day he had played w/ his dad. His presence is still around and comes when you least expect it. Glad you got to experience that too last weekend!

Didn’t Jesse play w/ him this year? Out of the blue, for some reason that day, I sent him the last “good morning” video he made to us before his accident. Don’t know why but just felt right to do. Jesse then replies how that day he had played w/ his dad. His presence is still around and comes when you least expect it. Glad you got to experience that too last weekend!
Yeah he did. Jesse and I shared a cart all weekend. I had a great time hanging out with him those two days.

I took this picture on Friday of Jake's dad on the tee where he made the hole in one. After that Friday round I printed it off, framed it and gave it to him Saturday morning.

9F1769AF-91AE-4CC2-BAED-459736FFDD45.jpeg

Yeah he did. Jesse and I shared a cart all weekend. I had a great time hanging out with him those two days.

I took this picture on Friday of Jake's dad on the tee where he made the hole in one. After that Friday round I printed it off, framed it and gave it to him Saturday morning.

View attachment 8950326

Yes! He sent me that picture last week. Very nice.

Reactions: KEV
Back