see....women belong in the kitchen!

I am just kidding of course. But, I am kind of with the group here, I play behind slow dudes all the time. Almost 3 hourse for 9 holes is just ridiculous.

I'm sure your wife spends lot of time in the kitchen 56 second man! :D

I`m sorry I`ve played a long time and I`ve played behind lady 4 somes...I totally refuse now to play behind lady 4 somes anymore ...it ends up being a 5 hr round...I`ll go home and play later...There are just to many women that consider golf to be a all day outing....now there are some women that arn`t that way but they are a minority..and I don`t know how to figure out which is which..

Now that`s not to say there isn`t men that are slow....but in most cases they are poor golfers and time is spent looking for balls....

You have got to be kidding. This is possibly the most most ignorant post I've read here in a long time.

IF they are that slow, then obviously there is room in front. PASS THEM AND PLAY THE HOLE YOU SKIPPED LATER.

Definitely a quality of player issue, as well as a club rule issue regarding 'posting at the same time' issue.

I played on Tuesday behind a mom and two daughters (who let me play through), a family (mom/dad/daughter/son) who let me play through, and a foursome of ladies who couldn't hit the ball well but let me play through in less than two shots worth of waiting. These are the folks that I don't mind playing behind at all, because they recognize that their pace isn't the best, and are more than friendly about letting me play through.

The people that drive me nuts are the men who are playing in matches that absolutely refuse to play at a reasonable pace or spend 5+ minutes hunting for a ball in knee-waist deep tall grass/weeds. That to me is SO much worse than anyone struggling to learn and play the game.

I hate having to wait on every shot, and that is what really bothers me about slow play. I could care less about how long a round takes me to play if I can stay in rhythm. If I was in a hurry, I wouldn't be on the golf course, besides, I would rather be on the course than home working in the yard.

Yeah dude, that's too bad it was so frustrating, it's real hard to keep any kind of a groove with stuff like that, but I don't think it has anything to do with men or ladies... I've been stuck behind many groups of guys that are at least as bad and it makes for a real bad day... like someone said before me, that's when the cell phone comes out and a call to the pro-shop goes in to have a course marshall come out and move things along.

Better luck next round!

Keep the # of the pro shop in your phone, call and complain while you are sitting on the tee box.

It seems that not letting people play through is getting more and more common. Last weekend I witnesses a group of 4 guys, all older than I, literally run up to the tee box, hit as fast as they could and drive off so we couldnt ask to play through. Very frustrating.

I'm sure your wife spends lot of time in the kitchen 56 second man! :D

I knew this one was coming one-T :laughing::rofl:...... You ask for it buddy :D

This has happened to me on countless occasions and as already said, its not just the ladies. Totally ruins the round!

agreed! I have played behind plenty of groups like that from both genders. At that point it's never a horrible idea to make a call to the clubhouse and tell them how slow the play is because of a certain group.

I have been yelled at during varsity matches that WE were playing too slow. Some old guy at the course, but that's beside the point. Slow play happens wherever you go. 2:45 for 9 holes is way too slow though.

same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago at a course close to work.

For those rules, I'd be expecting at the least someone to be keeping track of the pace of play. I'd imagine it could become frustrating out there!

It only happens a few times a year, the competitions are well publicised within the club including the no play-through rule, so everyone is aware. In addition, the people who usually play all keep a decent pace anyway and a round will typically take 4 - 4.5 hours which is pretty decent considering that we're all walking. Anyone playing within 1 hour of the last group is reminded of the rule when booking the tee-time, so they know what to expect.

I'd assumed that this was a competition because the Lady Captain had been mentioned, but if this was just a normal weekly round, then the groups should have allowed people to play through as soon as there's 1 hole spearation in front in my view.

You have got to be kidding. This is possibly the most most ignorant post I've read here in a long time.

IF they are that slow, then obviously there is room in front. PASS THEM AND PLAY THE HOLE YOU SKIPPED LATER.

id have to of skipped 4 holes there was 4 3 balls ill just check in future to make sure im not stuck behind the same groups

Funny thing is I play with the guys all the time and I seem to be the one standing around tapping my feet because they are all trying to hit 300 yard drives and are spending a lot of time looking for their ball in the woods. :) I do know some SLOWWWWW men and women golfers though and it is terribly frustrating to get behind them.

I deserved that!

Funny thing is I play with the guys all the time and I seem to be the one standing around tapping my feet because they are all trying to hit 300 yard drives and are spending a lot of time looking for their ball in the woods. :) I do know some SLOWWWWW men and women golfers though and it is terribly frustrating to get behind them.

Kelly when we played our round I don't think you EVER lost a ball, let alone wasting time or slowing play down. I bet I was slow as he'll in comparison. My swing was not great and I was thinking too many things. I WISH my playing partners were as good as and as fast as you all the time, it was a pleasure playing with you both!

I promise next time I'll be more comfortable, I have a ton of confidence with the swing right now- cant wait to show it off :)

Thanks for stepping up KellyBo. As a man I get paired with the guys you mentioned more often than not. Generalizations can be hard to defend. Men, Women, and the High School leagues are all bad groups to get right behind. Usually I'll try to get out on a different 9 altogether, or play another day.

Trust me this has little to do with them being female and more to do with improper understanding or caring of the game. There have been millions of men that have done and do on a regular basis the exact same thing.

Agreed, see this way too often. What I hate most is seeing people just hit ball after ball into a lake and not even look back after each time.

Back