Recap & Picture Thread - 2013 THP Outing - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

Just left the doc from my follow up appt. He said everything looks good, I got half of the staples out. I can return to a regular diet and drive again, I can also ride a bike now. Still nothing too core intensive, so no hockey, golf, or sit ups. That's at least 5 more weeks out.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Just left the doc from my follow up appt. He said everything looks good, I got half of the staples out. I can return to a regular diet and drive again, I can also ride a bike now. Still nothing too core intensive, so no hockey, golf, or sit ups. That's at least 5 more weeks out.

Dan

I know the wait is tough buddy but there is a long summer ahead of ya. Heal up and then have fun!

Dan

Don't try to go back to soon with stomach surgery. I made that mistake after I had my appendix out. I caused myself to have longer healing time and a lot of undo pain.

Dan

Gods news! Go easy Dan!

I'm rested enough now..can we do this again soon?

Good news Dan!

I remembered that I didn't do any sort of write up for Saturday night or Sunday. Saturday night will take care of itself I'm sure.

Sunday, I got to tee it up with Mike (Pirate95), Interlooper and Pmoa. What a fun group we got. I'm sure I wasn't the only one still feeling the effects of Saturday night, but as soon as we got on the first tee, we were laughing and having fun. There were a lot of ups and downs on the front 9. High point being when 3 out of 4 of us birdied one hole (catch up Perry! hehe), and a rather hilarious low point being when I almost killed Nerfny and Jersey Nate with a drive from the 6th (?) tee. I mean, I've hit a ball close to people before.....but never almost hit them with the head of my driver! The epoxy had come loose in the adapter and my driver head flew off about 40 feet in the air and heading straight for the 5th green. I was doing a little panic dance on the tee shouting watch out, while Nate and Jen were having crazy thoughts of trying to catch it to stop it hitting the path!

Looper and Pmoa both had to bow out at the turn, but it was a lot of fun getting to play with these guys. I played the back 9 with Pirate and despite only having played for a short while, this guy can string a couple of shots together when you let him! Once that occasional big number comes off the card, the handicap index will tumble for sure. I made a standard sand-sand-green-hole par on the last and although we were both feeling the pace by the end, it was a pleasure indeed.

Business trip huh? I thinking relocating to Augusta would be a better option :D

Always a possibility. If I told T2Grn we were moving to Augusta he would be packed and halfway down the road before I finished the sentence!

Always a possibility. If I told T2Grn we were moving to Augusta he would be packed and halfway down the road before I finished the sentence!

That is kind of like wanting to move to FL, and selling it to the kids by saying "How would you like to live near Mickey Mouse".

Augusta is an awesome town! I lived and worked there for 13 years and it has everything you could need. Fort Gordon would be a nice Federal facility for you to work at, since you already work for the government. Lateral transfer is the ticket :thumb:

Good news Dan!

I remembered that I didn't do any sort of write up for Saturday night or Sunday. Saturday night will take care of itself I'm sure.

Sunday, I got to tee it up with Mike (Pirate95), Interlooper and Pmoa. What a fun group we got. I'm sure I wasn't the only one still feeling the effects of Saturday night, but as soon as we got on the first tee, we were laughing and having fun. There were a lot of ups and downs on the front 9. High point being when 3 out of 4 of us birdied one hole (catch up Perry! hehe), and a rather hilarious low point being when I almost killed Nerfny and Jersey Nate with a drive from the 6th (?) tee. I mean, I've hit a ball close to people before.....but never almost hit them with the head of my driver! The epoxy had come loose in the adapter and my driver head flew off about 40 feet in the air and heading straight for the 5th green. I was doing a little panic dance on the tee shouting watch out, while Nate and Jen were having crazy thoughts of trying to catch it to stop it hitting the path!

Looper and Pmoa both had to bow out at the turn, but it was a lot of fun getting to play with these guys. I played the back 9 with Pirate and despite only having played for a short while, this guy can string a couple of shots together when you let him! Once that occasional big number comes off the card, the handicap index will tumble for sure. I made a standard sand-sand-green-hole par on the last and although we were both feeling the pace by the end, it was a pleasure indeed.

That was actually quite amazing! Never seen anything like it before... nor had I ever seen such a strange panic dance! ha.

It was a blast playing with you... and it was such a bummer I had to take off at the turn to catch the flight.

That was actually quite amazing! Never seen anything like it before... nor had I ever seen such a strange panic dance! ha.

It was a blast playing with you... and it was such a bummer I had to take off at the turn to catch the flight.

Well at least I could come home and tell people that I showed off a Highland Fling or a traditional Scottish dance. Whatever it was!

It was a bummer, but just means we'll have to make up for that next time.

So when I noticed that Cookie does the Keegan Bradley head tilt look out of one eye move ocassionally when he's lining up a shot.

Good news Dan!

Paul that was crazy! Did you get a new driver yet?

Paul that was crazy! Did you get a new driver yet?

Not quite yet man. I fixed the original but I've already talked myself into a replacement, so trying to set up a range shootout between the ones I like. I still managed to get the green light, despite your attempts to agree with Nic and say I could get a free one from her dad! :D

Not quite yet man. I fixed the original but I've already talked myself into a replacement, so trying to set up a range shootout between the ones I like. I still managed to get the green light, despite your attempts to agree with Nic and say I could get a free one from her dad! :D

Hahaha. I did nothing of the sort :)

Augusta is an awesome town! I lived and worked there for 13 years and it has everything you could need. Fort Gordon would be a nice Federal facility for you to work at, since you already work for the government. Lateral transfer is the ticket :thumb:

Just for grins I looked into vacancies...there is one for fort Gordon. Sadly the timing isn't quite right - i need about another year. think I was better off not knowing! :crying:

Just went to the mailbox and look what I found! I forgot Buckjob and I get a trophy for winning the 2013 THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf. I love it! Thanks THP!

Last edited:
That is funny KellyBo... look what I found in my mailbox today. Thanks to all who voted for us!!!

A31E0C39-1EE3-4EFF-A5F0-39D031D2C2D5-8158-000004727FF6A625_zpsc135e799.jpg

Both amazing trophies, very nice additions to any collection!!!

Very nice trophies!

Just went to the mailbox and look what I found! I forgot Buckjob and I get a trophy for winning the 2013 THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf. I love it! Thanks THP!

Congrats KB and Buck! It is very well deserved.

That is funny KellyBo... look what I found in my mailbox today. Thanks to all who voted for us!!!

A31E0C39-1EE3-4EFF-A5F0-39D031D2C2D5-8158-000004727FF6A625_zpsc135e799.jpg

Yes sir! We got that in the mail today too! Love it...Diana immediately put it on the mantle.

Back