Recap & Review - 2015 THP Legacy

Recap will come in spurts as I'm trying to finish it from my phone...

Part 1

Where to start?... I guess I already did when I posted, "I have no words. Simply awesome." At that point, immediately following the matches, that's about all I could say about the event, about the sponsors, about the venues, and most importantly, about the people. Numb is a good description, post-event. Hard to put thoughts and emotions into words immediately following. THP saw a bunch of quality pics and read fantastic updates from the weekend. I can tell you this; what you saw and read, while capturing a crap load of info, beauty, memories, and emotions, can't touch what participants will get to take with them from this event. Smells, sounds, textures, and "vibes" are hard to translate, and even harder, if not impossible, to replicate.

THP has held grand events in MB for several years, and they have been amazing to follow along with, and then to re-live the moments/memories through the recaps and participants reminiscing weeks, months, and as I heard this weekend, even years later. I honestly never anticipated being a participant in such an event, but the thoughts of how great it would be certainly crossed my mind. 6 months ago, I'm working in my office, crazy as heck schedule, and see I have a PM. That anticipation? It kicked up a few notches - 0 to 100 just by reading a PM and a thread post.

Good stuff Gregg, and Ive set it a billion times already but you played really solid golf....maybe the most consistent out of anyone there from Thurs-Sunday. You obviously worked hard on your game and it SHOWED

Dude is solid and steady every time I have played with him. Phenom may lose focus for a few holes but overall he is consistent from tee to green.

Here's some pics I scavenged off my wife's Camera. Most are from our group during the Saturday AM round where she followed along with Dan's wife and Kevin's family but there are some from the Sunday celebration too.

Those are some great pics Curtis! Tell Connie she's hired as the team photographer.

Part 3:

Sunday: My range session was much like Saturday’s, mediocre at best. When we were called to load up on the carts, Mike gave us some words of encouragements. It was at that point it hit me, how nervous I really was to hit the opening tee shot for the morning. When I was given the go ahead to tee up, my hands were shaking so bad. I went into my pre shot routine, hoping it would calm me down. I stepped up to the ball and…….I topped it. I was so mad at myself because I did the one thing I didn’t want to do. Of course Kevin hit a great tee shot, so now I had to really answer back. My tee shot only advanced 100 yards at best so if wanted any shot at the green I needed to hit a great shot. Took my 4 hybrid and was able to put a good swing on the ball. Kevin and I would halve the hole. It felt like I kind of stole one after such a bad start. I went to the second tee saying to myself alright new hole, lets put a good swing on it and get on the fairway. I took out my 6 iron and lined myself up. Settled in and……. I topped it again, but this time in a waste bunker. Once again, Kevin hits a beauty right in the fairway and I’m left to play catch up. I took a PW and was able to advance the ball out of the waste bunker with a shot at the green. I was able to halve the hole with Kevin and I once again left the hole feeling like I got away with one. The 3rd hole was a par 3 with a pin that was playing about 147 yards surrounded by water. I stepped up hit a pretty a decent shot this time, finished right pin just keeping it on the green. I was able to go 1UP and I think that seemed to calm me down a little. Something started to click and I was more relaxed as the match pressed on. Kevin really pushed me to play at a level I didn't think I had in me. I defiantly got away with some shots throughout the match. By hole 7 I was 4UP, and I made the mistake of telling Curtis that I loved hole 8 because I hit 4 hybrid of the tee with a baby cut all the time. Wouldn’t you know it, I topped it again. Serves me right for getting a head of myself. By hole 10 I had gotten it to 5up, at the sometime i knew that at any point, Kevin could mount comeback like he had been doing all weekend. I didn't want to take my foot of the accelerator. At hole 12 I was dorming and was on the green in three. Kevin cleared the green for me and with my hands shaking, I still three putted but it was enough to halve the hole and win the match. We shook hands and I still in awe with everything. About a minute later, Mike showed up and we shared a hug. He knew how big that point was.

I rode with Mike for a remainder of the day, as we watched a few holes from different matches. We decided to make our way to the 18th after hearing that Curtis and Cace were AS going into the 18th. As we drove to the 18th, we found out we scored another point. All we needed was one more and we got the win. We were on the eighteenth when Curtis and Cace shook hands in the fairway. I looked at Mike and said “thats 8 and half, we won!!!” We shared another hug and eyes started to water. It hit the both of us that we just won and we couldn't have been happier. We ran to the 18th fairway to share in the celebration with Curtis. We waited by the 18th green for the rest of the team, and when they showed up, it was a party. Hearing Mikes speech got me a little choked up because I knew he wanted this very badly.

I think the best part came at dinner that night, because there was nothing on the itinerary for dinner that evening. Legacy was over and we were free to do whatever we wanted. It was only fitting that both teams went out to dinner at a local BBQ establishment. It just made sense, given all the work we put in. I loved this weekend and everything about it. The thing that made this weekend were the people.

Great pics curtis...Connie did a great job.
Awesome recap CJ...very proud of how well you played and glad we were there to see curtis on 18

Awesome pictures, just two amazing courses. The perfect backdrop for an event like this!

Those are great pictures ArmyGolf. Your Mrs has a photographers eye for sure

Great pics armygolf. Thank your wife for us.

Great pics. The recaps have been fun to read and get insight into how you guys were thinking during your rounds,

All of the recaps and pics have been phenomenal! Thanks to all for sharing all of your experiences, thoughts and feelings in this event of a lifetime!

Here is a good memory. After the celebration, we played another round as a team. This was my tee shot on 18. We were shambling, and I got to watch my captain birdie in from here. I really enjoyed a chance to play with this group of amazing guys.

It was also cool that there was a gallery of strangers on the porch cheering for him.

05bef744ed4d554966dfc08d35540cce.jpg

Here is a good memory. After the celebration, we played another round as a team. This was my tee shot on 18. We were shambling, and I got to watch my captain birdie in from here. I really enjoyed a chance to play with this group of amazing guys.

It was also cool that there was a gallery of strangers on the porch cheering for him.

05bef744ed4d554966dfc08d35540cce.jpg
Even though I never played 18 well off the tee, I still love this hole. Especially this approach shot.

I was thinking about this yesterday when I was shoveling rock and damn I want to be back there. I had the chance to play college golf (small school that needed a 5th guy to have a team) it was bad golf but still college golf. Being the 5th guy I always went off first so there were several other college players and coaches all standing around. The nerves from that helped me in preparing for this. But I can honestly say this was the closest I have come to the feeling of being on my college golf team again. Everyone was there for each other and it didn't matter how you did as long as you were trying and having fun. The team camaraderie made this event truly amazing.

Hanging in my room. Every morning I get dressed I will have this awesome reminder on the wall of what a great weekend it was with some awesome people.
de37a5fb166d964d5357abb6e96eeef9.jpg

Quality memorabilia Ricky!

bcac4de0828f5b3c0a98abe16dfc0834.jpg

4a20f1206fee893a7b112c6a37098eb3.jpg
bdbcc74e8e7ac1816832fe7cdc40fa49.jpg
79f333f3738d17040bee726dd091aada.jpg
6c746a8dff9b83c64fd8d05ed60ef308.jpg
0a35ddbcd56e274fd0f7de2dd36e724f.jpg
54675c82240015bf2a89b616d8ae421f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

750a171919833f9d7f8d77c4dba509e0.jpg
69a54f932827149d707d7c7429f9a1ac.jpg