Rookie from Kentucky

KYmxracer52

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm a new player from Lexington, Ky. I bought a used set of clubs in the fall of 2012. Since then, I've played maybe 6 times, with no lessons to date. Sometimes I feel like I'm progressing a little, then other times I feel like I'm regressing.

Current looking for a easier set of irons to play. Currently have Titleist 695 MB's. I've never been fitted for clubs, mainly because I feel like my technique changed each time I go out. What suggestions do you fellow golfers have?

Welcome to THP!

Id suggest going and having an iron fitting done, try all kinds of sets and get the right ones fit to your swing!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! I would definitely recommend that you go with your gut and look into other irons. There are so many good game improvement irons that are much easier to hit than muscle backs. A fitting would be optimal, of course. Good luck!

Welcome!

Welcome to the team!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome the THP!

What about spending some money on lessons? That way you won't keep changing your technique each time.

I understand the hesitation to get fitted. Why get fitted for a swing that might change in 6 months! :act-up:

The real question that I can't answer but hopefully someone here will: Should you get fitted and buy new irons then take lessons? Or take lessons then get fitted and buy new irons?

welcome to THP. You'll find some great stuff here to help you progress quickly in the game!

Welcome to THP! Tons of fantastic people here with tons of knowledge about everything golf.

welcome to the party

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to Paradise!

welcome home!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to the forum!

:welcome: let us know how your game progresses, a fitting is a great start. Good luck.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. Go out and hit a bunch of different clubs. Find something that fits your eye and your feel. Then get fit for that clubs. You will come away with a set that will be comfortable for you and that you can enjoy for quite some time.

Welcome to THP

Thanks all! Not sure how much time I'm going to have to devote to lessons this fall. I do plan on seeking a Pro for lessons in the spring. Really wondering if the lessons should come first or new irons?

Welcome to THP!

I'd definitely suggest an iron fitting and go with the most forgiving set you can get ahold of for now. You can always grow into a players iron and muscle back later.

Back