Sand Valley Golf Resort - Wisconsin's newest destination

Ok - I put in a Reservation Inquiry for 8 golfers 9-12/15-2019 (Gotta start somewhere)
I'm totally flexible on dates.

I'm bumping to see if there is an interest for fellow THPer's to play this course in September 2019

My father-in-law and I are planning a trip there at some point this summer.

September is just as good of a time as any (and it's his birthday month).

I'll talk to him to make sure, but I think you can put us in the seriously interested column.

Calling @Big SoIL

As good as Sand Valley and Mammoth Dunes are (MD is the better of the two IMO), The Sandbox is even better. It's just pure enjoyment and fun from the moment you step on the 1st tee....MUST PLAY

I agree Mammoth is the better of the two. I am definitely planning on getting up there this year and the Sand Box will be played this time.

Hoping to get there is August. Both courses look amazing.

I'm bumping to see if there is an interest for fellow THPer's to play this course in September 2019

I can’t do it Labor Day weekend but I’d love to make the 220 mile trek over there if the dates work.

You may the only person in existence who thinks Sandbox is the best course there. Fun yes, but Mammoth Dunes by a mile.

Another vote for Mammoth Dunes as their best course.

Another vote for Mammoth Dunes as their best course.

Played both...still feel Sand Valley is the better one. Funny thing is that I liked playing the Lake Arrowhead courses which are literally across the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss ya buddy! Such a fun trip. Another vote for MD.....and the hotel was a close runner up.

Ditto!, you guys definitely know how to organize a first class golf trip. The Shermalot Motel excluded of course. :D

Sweethebs and I hit the simulator this morning and he had a great suggestion about Lake Arrowhead. Buy one of their stay/play packages. They have two courses. Play SV or MD in the morning and then a second round at Lake Arrowhead for ~$50. No Shermalot and you're close to the course. The only potential flaw in this plan is crossing paths with weed-toking, video-playing, golf-wagering caddies with anger issues living at Lake Arrowhead. :bicker: :banghead:

You may the only person in existence who thinks Sandbox is the best course there. Fun yes, but Mammoth Dunes by a mile.

Not that is the best course in design, etc... But it's the best course for the experience, playing creativity and just enjoying a walk with a few buddies. We played it in the early evening (5:30pm) last July and kept going around playing until it was too dark to see. We played $1 per hole per man and it doubled if you won the hole with a birdie.

Personally I enjoyed Sand Valley a little more I think. Both are great, but Sand Valley gets the slight edge over Mammoth to me. And agreed on the Sand Box- AWESOME!

The new executive course from Tom Doak should be a nice edition to the resort. Looking forward to updates on that progress and preview play.

Ditto!, you guys definitely know how to organize a first class golf trip. The Shermalot Motel excluded of course. :D

Sweethebs and I hit the simulator this morning and he had a great suggestion about Lake Arrowhead. Buy one of their stay/play packages. They have two courses. Play SV or MD in the morning and then a second round at Lake Arrowhead for ~$50. No Shermalot and you're close to the course. The only potential flaw in this plan is crossing paths with weed-toking, video-playing, golf-wagering caddies with anger issues living at Lake Arrowhead. :bicker: :banghead:

Throw in some late night pizza in a bar playing Bon Jovi and I'm there!

Good morning from Sand Valley!

1 is on the left and 10 is on the right.

6c4a59b6632180683aa75a793f850e53.jpg

You had me at Coore and Crenshaw. Their courses just always look cool, and they’re more often than not, very playable.

Approach on SV #13. One guy in the fairway and 3 in the waste area.

fd0fe421af91129ff3837b8d56b0e494.jpg

Ahhhhh, the memories! Get a taco for me at the turn!

Had fun sharing your performance on #9. Hybrid +1 putt!!’ Hybrid, LW, putt x2 for me this time.

Par3, #14.

3dede15b1cc7d96c2af0105d943b32fd.jpg

Back