Sand Valley Golf Resort - Wisconsin's newest destination

ISO- 4th for our outing to Wisconsin Sept 7-9. About us: 3 dudes who love golf, love laughing and love giving each other a hard time. What we do well: drink, eat and display some good golf once in a great while. More about us....we’ll talk open and to borderline uncomfortable levels about how another male in our group looks in his shorts, shirt, shoes etc....there are Morgan Cup captains, champions and multiple participants among us....one former Grandaddy alumni and well one guy who used to be a big deal around here.....most importantly we’re fun!

About the outing- I’ll be driving over from So Dak and picking up Buck from Milwaukee airport where we’ll be venturing to Whistling Straits for a round, later that day Nate will be arriving and meeting up with us and we’ll be heading to Sand Valley near(ish) anyway where we’ll have a hotel. Friday morning we play Mammoth Dunes followed by the Sand Box. Saturday morning we’ll play Sand Valley and head closer to Erin Hills where we’ll be playing on Sunday. Sunday late afternoon Buck and Nate depart Milwaukee airport for home.

About you: be fun, love golf, love hanging with buddies and be prepared for a hell of a good time. Handicap is definitely not important, we’re out to have a good time, not break course records!

Inquire within! Let’s do this Wiscy THP crew, cmon!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great group of guys (and nate) and some amazing courses. Lots of pics i hope ad i wanna get up there someday to play those sweet courses.

ISO- 4th for our outing to Wisconsin Sept 7-9. About us: 3 dudes who love golf, love laughing and love giving each other a hard time. What we do well: drink, eat and display some good golf once in a great while. More about us....we’ll talk open and to borderline uncomfortable levels about how another male in our group looks in his shorts, shirt, shoes etc....there are Morgan Cup captains, champions and multiple participants among us....one former Grandaddy alumni and well one guy who used to be a big deal around here.....most importantly we’re fun!

About the outing- I’ll be driving over from So Dak and picking up Buck from Milwaukee airport where we’ll be venturing to Whistling Straits for a round, later that day Nate will be arriving and meeting up with us and we’ll be heading to Sand Valley near(ish) anyway where we’ll have a hotel. Friday morning we play Mammoth Dunes followed by the Sand Box. Saturday morning we’ll play Sand Valley and head closer to Erin Hills where we’ll be playing on Sunday. Sunday late afternoon Buck and Nate depart Milwaukee airport for home.

About you: be fun, love golf, love hanging with buddies and be prepared for a hell of a good time. Handicap is definitely not important, we’re out to have a good time, not break course records!

Sounds like an awesome trip. Unfortunately I can’t help you out though. Earliest I could get up there is Saturday evening so looks like I would miss Golf and any after round drinks as well.

Bump this up for the Monday morning crew! Hopefully someone can jump in on this one!

If you can't find someone to fill the entire trip, I'd love to make the drive over to join you guys on Friday.

I have some prior obligations for the rest of the weekend (Go Pack Go!), or I'd try to make the whole trip work.

I'm open to play on Friday.

Nice trip! Can you provide a quick financial summary? Is this schedule correct?
- Thursday, 9/6: Whistling Straits
- Friday, 9/7: Mammoth Dunes + Sand Box
- Saturday, 9/8: Sand Valley (is replay an option? :D)
- Sunday, 9/9: Erin Hills

Nice trip! Can you provide a quick financial summary? Is this schedule correct?
- Thursday, 9/6: Whistling Straits
- Friday, 9/7: Mammoth Dunes + Sand Box
- Saturday, 9/8: Sand Valley (is replay an option? :D)
- Sunday, 9/9: Erin Hills

3c828bbc012b0b9ed0b1dd266b6d95de.jpg

This is with Black Wolf Run River listed instead of Whistling Straits, so assuming we’re able to make that swap add another roughly $200.

Also Vortex, regarding the possibility of a replay on Saturday, because we have to travel to our next hotel to get ready for Erin Hills the following day we chose not to play 36....suppose if we had to we could get talked into it! Lol

Also Vortex, regarding the possibility of a replay on Saturday, because we have to travel to our next hotel to get ready for Erin Hills the following day we chose not to play 36....suppose if we had to we could get talked into it! Lol

I definitely like the way you guys roll. Any chance I could join you for Thursday, Friday and Saturday? I probably have to skip Erin Hills for logistical/time reasons.

FWIW, I'd go for 2 replays at Sand Valley if that was an option!

3 rounds in Ireland last summer.

IMG_0265.jpg

Replays at Sand Valley are 50% off i believe. That said, Mammoth will be the more enjoyable round IMO. Sandbox will be a great way to wind down for the day. Be sure to grab a few Nye's Ice Cream sandwiches to cool down. Key Lime and Raspberry cheesecake....

I definitely like the way you guys roll. Any chance I could join you for Thursday, Friday and Saturday? I probably have to skip Erin Hills for logistical/time reasons.

FWIW, I'd go for 2 replays at Sand Valley if that was an option!

3 rounds in Ireland last summer.

View attachment 34737

At this point we’re pretty set on the itinerary pictured only most likely swapping Whistling Straits in for Black Wolf. If you can make all but Erin Hills that’s fine with us bro, PM me your contact info and I’ll call you this week!

At this point we’re pretty set on the itinerary pictured only most likely swapping Whistling Straits in for Black Wolf. If you can make all but Erin Hills that’s fine with us bro, PM me your contact info and I’ll call you this week!

Inbound PM....

Vortex is in! We'll get some pics of our excursion once we get going, cannot wait! Maybe we'll start a new thread or use the Minnesota/Wisconsin thread since we'll be playing more than just Sand Valley. While we're approaching this if any Milwaukee/Kohler/Madison locals have any tips, tricks, must do attractions PLEASE let us know. Our itinerary is pretty tight and very golf focused but any and all suggestions are welcome!

Darn, I was hoping to slip in on Friday's round!
Well Vortex is a great THPer and He'll fit right in!
Have fun Gents!

Hope you'll start a weekend thread.

Darn, I was hoping to slip in on Friday's round!
Well Vortex is a great THPer and He'll fit right in!
Have fun Gents!

Hope you'll start a weekend thread.

We do need a 4th for Erin Hills as Dave will not be joining us there. We're playing Erin Hills on Sunday 9/9 at 9.

Vortex is in! We'll get some pics of our excursion once we get going, cannot wait! Maybe we'll start a new thread or use the Minnesota/Wisconsin thread since we'll be playing more than just Sand Valley. While we're approaching this if any Milwaukee/Kohler/Madison locals have any tips, tricks, must do attractions PLEASE let us know. Our itinerary is pretty tight and very golf focused but any and all suggestions are welcome!

When you are up in Sand Valley there is not much around. Your best bet for groceries is bringing your own or there is a gas station convenience store, that is quite large, called Pritzl’s that is very near your hotel. If you are eating out there are a couple bars in the area.

When you are up in Sand Valley there is not much around. Your best bet for groceries is bringing your own or there is a gas station convenience store, that is quite large, called Pritzl’s that is very near your hotel. If you are eating out there are a couple bars in the area.

Thanks!! I'm guessing we'll spend most of our waking hours at Sand Valley and only go back long enough to sleep and get right back there! I wish we would stay on property but unfortunately they're full then.

Thanks!! I'm guessing we'll spend most of our waking hours at Sand Valley and only go back long enough to sleep and get right back there! I wish we would stay on property but unfortunately they're full then.
Head down the road (west) to the lure bar and grill on Petenwell lake and you may run into one of the Kaiser boys.

We do need a 4th for Erin Hills as Dave will not be joining us there. We're playing Erin Hills on Sunday 9/9 at 9.

I’m in for Sunday. @IndySC isn’t going to be happy but this opportunity doesn’t come that often.

I'm bumping to see if there is an interest for fellow THPer's to play this course in September 2019

I'm bumping to see if there is an interest for fellow THPer's to play this course in September 2019
I'd most likely be in. This one is at the top of my list for 2019.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'd be in most likely. Septembers get busy - but I think I could make something work.

Back