SeeMore Giant FGP - THP Review

I am quite intrigued by this putter, I see there will be more of these floating around the forum so keep the reviews coming.

Was there a mini staff contest to see who would be lucky enough to give the review?

Nope, this one was all Dan from the get go.

Nope, this one was all Dan from the get go.

He is taller than you right? As in more giant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to serious talk- how's the grip feel?

I think its a draw. :alien:

The PURE grips are....smelly. Seriously, they are.

A draw indeed. James is MASSIVE (on the Awesome meter).

Fun fact though: My hands didn't stink after using the putter for quite some time. That's new for me and the Pure.

Spent some time on the putting green with the Giant FGP. It's sooo interesting rolling this putter after knowing the mFGP size well. it's just DIFFERENT to the eye and I'll be the first to say it took a minute to really get confident behind the ball. That said, it didn't take long to realize that it's still a putter, and after a few putts I found that creating a quality stroke is quite easy. With the size, you'd think it would be ultra heavy but it's not at all. Quite a good weight overall, and it promotes solid roll on the ball. Alignment is also simple between the design of the head and RST combination. Sound wise, it works for me. Not your typical FGP sound, nor is it like the mFGP. A nice medium between the two I think.

I rolled a handful of putts and decided to establish at 4 feet for 12 putts. Much to my surprise, 12/12 in the cup without much trouble at all. We're all different, but that has to count for something. moved back to 11 feet, and after realigning myself started to put excellent roll on the ball that traveled in a similar pattern each time.

Lots more to come soon, I'm sure. Ask questions!
This putter....

I easily rolled 50 putts today and I have several thoughts.

First, if you told me it wasn't made of metal I'd believe you. It's VERY light despite its size.

It's big (no shock). Bigger than it looked to me in pictures. The size and weight (lack there of) really boggled my mind.

The roll is soo nice. It putts such a nice roll on the ball.

After a several rolls I started to get creative and striking the ball all over the face. Center strikes are obviously great. Strikes a half ball to a ball toward the toe feel very similar with almost no "twist" in the hands from gear effect. Toe strikes resulted in a twisting feeling but distance (roughly 11 foot putts) was still there and on line. strikes on the heel felt a bit dead but minimal twisting and control was lost.

Obviously no one is gonna purposely putt with the toe but the forgiviness around the center is hard to ignore. I'm looking forward to hearing Canadan's thoughts as well.

going to get these to the front for anyone interested in some putting experiences with the Giant FGP.

Back to serious talk- how's the grip feel?

I want this size pure! I've only used the small pure grip and prefer a bit larger grip. This was a good size for me and a really nice feel.

A draw indeed. James is MASSIVE (on the Awesome meter).

Fun fact though: My hands didn't stink after using the putter for quite some time. That's new for me and the Pure.
Thank goodness. The standard pures are just brutal to me.

I'll be buying a giant this week, I've got a Garsen ready to go.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone who is getting one manages it in a round.

I need to see this one in person. Pictures don't give me enough Giant.

Really want to try this out for myself! I wonder if Golf Galaxy or Golfsmith will carry them?

Really interesting concept. Dan, knowing that you are a very good putter, what benefits have you seen from the Giant, or what potential benefits do you think there are for you?

Here's an interesting video... This is AMart putting with the Giant FGP. What I noticed between him using that vs the mFGP was a notably smoother takeaway, and less wavering offline. It was surprising watching a comparison of the two first hand.

Love it Dan and exactly why I'm excited about this one

Stability in the stroke is just crucial.

I can't wait to get one in my hands. Thanks for checking out the difference and uploading that video Dan.

I could never put my finger on what I didn't like about the FGP until putting head to head with the Giant FGP. Dan pointed out the inconsistency with my take away while putting 4 foot putts with the FGP. I think I went 7 for 10 from 4 feet. I switched to the Giant and hit 4 in a row and Dan commented about my take away. I forsee the Giant FGP as a viable option for golfers who was the stability of a mallet but the look of a blade. It's a big blade though but the feel is soft and the sound a bit muted. I think head to head with other putters would result in many people putting better with the Giant FGP.

Andy nailed it in that.

Its a mallet in MOI, with the look of a more traditional blade shape (not size, shape).

Science wise, it makes perfect sense. More weight to move to the perimeter, means more MOI and more balance in the stroke. Jack and Clay Long weren't crazy all those years ago.

Andy nailed it in that.

Its a mallet in MOI, with the look of a more traditional blade shape (not size, shape).

Science wise, it makes perfect sense. More weight to move to the perimeter, means more MOI and more balance in the stroke. Jack and Clay Long weren't crazy all those years ago.

So does this make the Giant the best of both worlds?

So does this make the Giant the best of both worlds?

It'll all come down to people being willing to give it a try.

Some won't get over the look, those who do though, yes, will get the best of both worlds IMO.

Its a simple thing, but its an insanely effective thing, especially when you then pair it with RST.

I'm ready to give it a try for sure.

Logic says it'll work....and well at that.

I'm ready to give it a try for sure.

Logic says it'll work....and well at that.

Agreed. I want one, its not a matter of if, its a matter of just getting it done.

Lovin' that video, confirms I need to game one even more, a more stable platform to putt from combined with RST and SPi, dangerous short game!

Here's an interesting video... This is AMart putting with the Giant FGP. What I noticed between him using that vs the mFGP was a notably smoother takeaway, and less wavering offline. It was surprising watching a comparison of the two first hand.

From watching that video it doesn't seem all that big to me.

This might be the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup of putters (apologies to anyone who can't remember their TV ads):

"You got you high MOI mallet in my blade!"

Wasn't sure of what to think about a putter so big, but I liked what I saw in that video!

I really need to see one of these in person. The size is so off-putting to me, but if it rolls the rock well that could be gotten over.

Back