OUZO Power

@K_Kyriopoulos
Reaction score
Are you one? Do they exist?

For those who opt to change the shaft for whatever reason are you prone to selecting to try a specific brand? And to take this a step further will you play only a specific brand?

I for one am not. The only thing that will turn me off from trying a shaft is an "in your face" colour. Like a screaming lime green for example. I wouldn't even try it as I would consider it to distracting.

I have brands I gravitate towards based on previous experience for sure.

Yup. Matrix guy here.

I'm partial to Miyazaki but I love offerings from almost all the manufacturers. Matrix, Fujikura, Graphite Design all have shafts that I love.

Not a homer but as Hawk said I gravitate towards some based on experience and fittings.

Red Tie for driver, PXi or CTL for irons have been good performers for me so I tend to look for those options if changing clubs.

Not a homer. Whatever works best for me is more important than brand. Problem is that I have yet to find what is best for me. Good news though is I literally just got off the phone with a fitter 10 minutes ago and set up an appointment for Wednesday morning.

Driver / FW - I have only ever played the stock shafts in whichever club I am hitting, but have hit offerings from Matrix, Miyazaki, Project X, and after hitting various clubs I have come to the conclusion that the Miyazaki in my Cleveland driver is probably not the best fit for me, so any future clubs will involve a fitting to find what works best. The Project X in the XHot and the Tour Green in the X2Hot Pro felt a lot better than my Cleveland / Miyazaki combo, but the stock Amp Cell driver shaft (I can't remember what it was) felt very whippy when I tried it in the past

Irons - Again, I have hit a few different shafts and have some favourites based on the results but I would still want to try before I buy for anything new again

Short version - No, I am not a shaft homer, but having tried a few different options I do have some ideas of what isn't right for me....just need to find what is now

Not a homer. Whatever works best for me is more important than brand. Problem is that I have yet to find what is best for me. Good news though is I literally just got off the phone with a fitter 10 minutes ago and set up an appointment for Wednesday morning.
Awesome. Lets home you find that magic rod.

I have been in the past, I played Matrix shafts for four years, and would avoid other brands due to past experiences. Last year I tried a couple of brands that I had ruled out in the past and ended up going with the Project X LZ shafts. I am now giving the Aldila Rogue a shot, I have never liked Aldila shafts before, but the first round was a nice surprise.

Irons--KBS for me. The feel and performance have worked really well for me. I'm open to other options, but KBS seems to suit me pretty well.

Driver/fairway-I'm pretty open here. Diamana, Oban, Aldila, and Miyazkai have worked for me.

Awesome. Lets home you find that magic rod.
Actually hoping for rods...haha. Looking for best fit for driver, fairways and irons.

As others have stated I have OEM's that I gravitate towards based on a fitting or previous experience. The great thing with drivers and have multiple heads that can use the same adapter has cut down on the shaft tinkering part of the process.

Driver/FW/Hybrids - it's Aldila for me, although Matrix has suited me well in the past.

Irons- was KBS for a long time until I discovered Recoils. Now any iron going forward will have those.

I don't think I'll game irons without Recoil shafts anytime soon.

And while I've hit Aldila shafts better in woods & drivers better than anything else I've gamed, I remain pretty agnostic. I'm liking the Mitsubishi shaft in my current gamer thus far.

I'm not a homer but I use experience and feedback on here when looking at options for my game

I have certain brands I prefer based on the past, but I'll hit anything.

I'll hit anything, but I'll admit to having some loyalty based on past good experiences. I tend to look first to KBS for steel shafts, and to either Mitsubishi or Miyazaki for graphite. But, as you can see from my bag, I have several others in there as well.

I definitely am, DG in irons and wedges and NV in woods, I've been using them for a long time and even though I've tried others and have played others the numbers at the end of the day are the most important for me, I have to have consistency.

I'm a believer in aerotech iron shafts. So good. Driver and fairways I tend to tinker more

I'm open to anything because I have shafts perform good for me in one OEM and not in another. I have two friends that are Oban homers, whether it's the best for them in a certain head or not

I've had good results with KBS and DG, so I'm a fan of both. As far as my woods, I'm open to whatever works well consistently. The AD DI line works really well for me for low spinning heads.

For me Fukikura just clicks with me,but I am open to other options

I admit to knowing nothing about shafts. Nothing at all. Therefore I am not a shaft homer.

Looking forward to going through a legit club fitting.

I really want to try the UST Attas series shaft in a wood to experience the feel I have head people raving about for years but haven't found a fitting cart with them yet. That said, I have had great success with MAtrix and Aldila shaft in my woods. In irons KBS and DG have never done me wrong but I want to try the Recoils.

I don't want to limit myself, if I find something else where that performs better.

I will Try anything but the Aldila have always work well for my swing

Back