my biggest concern is the size of the watch. If it is too big, I will pass as I'm hesitant to try a watch let alone a big one.
Yep. I am not a watch guy at all. The V2 is far chunkier than I'd like - however it didn't bother me or my swing during a round. I'm looking forward to this one being slimmed down!

As for the V3, do you know if the GPS is more accurate / precise?

I've seen a comparison of V3 to V2 and they say GPS accuracy with the V3 is 30cm. That is just under a foot! That would be incredible if true as civilian GPS is normally consider to be accurate to 3-5 meters, 96% of the time.

Question for you V2 users. How does the putting work? Does the watch recognize the putter tag where you take your first putt from so you get an accurate indication of how long you hit your approach (or chip)? Does it register each putt or do you always have to indicate the number of putts on the watch as you stand next to the pin to capture its location?

I've seen a comparison of V3 to V2 and they say GPS accuracy with the V3 is 30cm. That is just under a foot! That would be incredible if true as civilian GPS is normally consider to be accurate to 3-5 meters, 96% of the time.

Question for you V2 users. How does the putting work? Does the watch recognize the putter tag where you take your first putt from so you get an accurate indication of how long you hit your approach (or chip)? Does it register each putt or do you always have to indicate the number of putts on the watch as you stand next to the pin to capture its location?

So it registers where you're standing still (and every time you move / pause). When done you stand at the hole and on the watch mark # of putts. This way it knows if you stopped twice and marked two putts it can tag the putt locations properly

I suggested this a year ago when I bought V2. IF you update your putting for each hole after playing they should be able to get more detailed with the putting stats. IF I move my putt from 6ft to 2ft and I manually do it inside the dashboard there is no reason to NOT be able to update the stats to be more specific. Hell you could even do it for every 1ft difference since I can manually move my putts in 1 ft increments.

They said it wasn't possible because of the GPS in the V2, but it doesn't matter about the GPS if I manually make sure every putt is correct inside the dashboard.

Hopefully they are watching the threads!

Just got my shipping notice! Quicker than I thought.

We will be discussing this in detail with a new thread and feature on the 6th, but it is being testing out right now and having been working on it since January, we are excited to share a lot of details with people.

And don’t forget about the Data Experience...Win a free trip courtesy of THP and Shot Scope

Mine showed up on Saturday surprisingly - well prior to the 17th!

I like the size much better. It charged quickly (although I'm not sure I like the proprietary connector). No chance to try it out on the course until next weekend yet

Mine also arrived Saturday and promptly bricked itself. Emailed SS and they responded this morning with instructions. Got my son to shut it down and I'll play with it when I get home after work.

So funny that I live in the same state they are being shipped out of and others are getting them first.
I do know that the Apple App has been running slow since SS update it a couple of days ago.

Mine also arrived Saturday and promptly bricked itself. Emailed SS and they responded this morning with instructions. Got my son to shut it down and I'll play with it when I get home after work.

Mine needed an immediate firmware update via the app - no problem there thankfully. That's always a worry for me with a new device needing an immediate update.

We will be discussing this in detail with a new thread and feature on the 6th, but it is being testing out right now and having been working on it since January, we are excited to share a lot of details with people.

And don’t forget about the Data Experience...Win a free trip courtesy of THP and Shot Scope
def interested in this. If I don't win, I'll probably buy one anyways, or a garmin s62. Another awesome experience coming for someone!

Mine needed an immediate firmware update via the app - no problem there thankfully. That's always a worry for me with a new device needing an immediate update.

Even worse that it bricked and I wanted to use it yesterday. The good news is the new sensors work with the V2.

I received my V3 this morning....while I was out playing golf!! So it will have to wait awhile before I can use it on the course. Mine is the grey band and it needed a firmware update first thing out of the box. Much more attractive and considerably less bulky than the V2.

The smaller watch is a game changer. So do people love most about the earlier versions?

What is the Data Experience??

What are you discussing with a new thread on the 6th?

I received this from Shot Scope just now.

"The GPS accuracy should be slightly better as it can use different satellites rather than just the one, however some putts will still need editing and it will still be measured in terms of feet and not inches. In terms of the zoom on the greens this is down to the Google Map Satellites rather than the GPS in the watch so this won't have changed. "

So I guess we can't zoom in more to make the putting more accurate. It might be a better accuracy from where you hit and putt from, but I edit that every round anyway, so it's not going to help me much. I will test it out, but at this point, I doubt it will make much of a difference to me, except the battery life if I play more than 27 holes. Not my biggest gripe, so not sure I will keep the new watch since my biggest issue is getting the actual distances closer to the real numbers when putting.

My V3 is now unbricked and seems to be working properly.

I'm also intrigued by the idea of auto putt counting versus manual (I seem to forget often). But we'll see how accurate it is.

I write down when I forget to manually hit the watch and then I know I have to go into the round and fix those errors myself. I actually do this with every swing personally because I am anal and I get to replay the round that way and make sure my data is accurate.

I received this from Shot Scope just now.

"The GPS accuracy should be slightly better as it can use different satellites rather than just the one, however some putts will still need editing and it will still be measured in terms of feet and not inches. In terms of the zoom on the greens this is down to the Google Map Satellites rather than the GPS in the watch so this won't have changed. "

So I guess we can't zoom in more to make the putting more accurate. It might be a better accuracy from where you hit and putt from, but I edit that every round anyway, so it's not going to help me much. I will test it out, but at this point, I doubt it will make much of a difference to me, except the battery life if I play more than 27 holes. Not my biggest gripe, so not sure I will keep the new watch since my biggest issue is getting the actual distances closer to the real numbers when putting.
It sounds like this is already better than ordinary commercial GPS, so I’m not sure how much better it can get with current technology.

I've used the V3 for 3 rounds now. I like it a lot more than the V2. Mostly because of the size and the convenience of not worrying about downloading a course to it in advance. The menus are a little differently arranged but it works well and I'm happy that I upgraded to it. I have it in manual putt mode because my putter has a counterweight in the grip so I can't get the tag screwed into the grip.

I've used the V3 for 3 rounds now. I like it a lot more than the V2. Mostly because of the size and the convenience of not worrying about downloading a course to it in advance. The menus are a little differently arranged but it works well and I'm happy that I upgraded to it. I have it in manual putt mode because my putter has a counterweight in the grip so I can't get the tag screwed into the grip.
I think manual putting mode will be my friend as long as I’m not forgetful lol

I’m thinking about giving the V3 a go...
Data never hurts when you are trying to get your game where you want it to be.

Back