I've used the V3 for 3 rounds now. I like it a lot more than the V2. Mostly because of the size and the convenience of not worrying about downloading a course to it in advance. The menus are a little differently arranged but it works well and I'm happy that I upgraded to it. I have it in manual putt mode because my putter has a counterweight in the grip so I can't get the tag screwed into the grip.
So I cut a "P" tag so that it just fits in the Counterweight Grip and use Black Duck Tape over the top and the side to keep it in place.
So far, non issues. Looks a little Hokey but it works.

I've had good success with the Golf Game and Golf Pad putter tags just cutting off a thread or two and still being able to screw the tag into the putter with the recessed Stroke Lab counterweight. Feels just as secure as any of the other tags and I've yet to lose one. I assume the same would work with the Shot Scope as long as the counter weight isn't flush with the end of the grip.

I've used the V3 for 3 rounds now. I like it a lot more than the V2. Mostly because of the size and the convenience of not worrying about downloading a course to it in advance. The menus are a little differently arranged but it works well and I'm happy that I upgraded to it. I have it in manual putt mode because my putter has a counterweight in the grip so I can't get the tag screwed into the grip.
What does manual putting mode mean?

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm used to the manual mode so it's no big deal.

Manual mode is when you have to hit a button when you're standing over your putt to mark it. Then you hit the button for where the flag is too. Not much more work really. I usually do it while I'm marking my ball.

I wish I would have gotten in on the pre order. I had a v2 and it worked the watch was just way to big for me. I will be ordering a v3 when it’s available

So, some of you guys have received your V3? I am assuming that we won't be able to see pics and stuff until official launch, which is fine. I have already heard that the watch is significantly smaller. That was what stopped me from getting the V2. I am intrigued by Arccos. But, I don't want to have to carry my phone with me in my pocket. The tags seem really bulky. And, their subscription model is a big turn off. I like everything I have heard about the V3 so far. Looking forward to more feedback and to see what kind of data it collects.

So, some of you guys have received your V3? I am assuming that we won't be able to see pics and stuff until official launch, which is fine. I have already heard that the watch is significantly smaller. That was what stopped me from getting the V2. I am intrigued by Arccos. But, I don't want to have to carry my phone with me in my pocket. The tags seem really bulky. And, their subscription model is a big turn off. I like everything I have heard about the V3 so far. Looking forward to more feedback and to see what kind of data it collects.

I can tell you on the 6th, we will have a full feature and stuff.
I can also tell you having been working with it since January, it is WAY smaller.

Mine arrives today:

My V3 is out for delivery today!! Woo hoo. Just in time for my round at Poppy this weekend. Yes, the V2 was fairly big, but it was lightweight, and as someone that didn’t wear a watch to play golf, it didn’t bother me at all. I’m a huge huge fan, so really looking forward to getting the V3 on my wrist. Just gotta try and offload the V2 now LOL.

This still on the radar for me, I could probably get used to wearing a watch again while playing.

I’m thinking about giving the V3 a go...
Data never hurts when you are trying to get your game where you want it to be.
The data on the ShotScope app is really good.
I can tell my club distances, which one is accurate off the tee, my irons in to the green, stats on my short game and percentages of putts 1,2 or (3)
Example- How much better my current wedges are over last year:
EE5EDC99-7793-461B-8C7B-0FD9E4B18D26.jpeg
2020:
87F59B6A-A8EA-40C8-8CAE-C53E55F3A9BB.jpeg
This tells me that I'm starting to putt 3 feet closer and I shouldn't be afraid to take wedge shot and stuff one in.

Last edited:
This still on the radar for me, I could probably get used to wearing a watch again while playing.
I wore a FitBit for a long time so I don't think the V3 would bother me either. After using Game Golf for several years (not the greatest array of stats available) I tried Golf Pad (lots of neat stats with too many calculation issues however) and didn't like the phone in my pocket. I also saw too much tagging inconsistency. So as soon as the V3 is available I'm all in!

Have they updated their app to go along with the hardware? If a guy were seriously considering this model, would they get a good idea of available data and presentation by going through reviews of the V2?

Have they updated their app to go along with the hardware? If a guy were seriously considering this model, would they get a good idea of available data and presentation by going through reviews of the V2?

Yes the data is the same. They updated the GPS accuracy (supposedly, but that's with L5 GPS sats which aren't really out there just yet, and they said the sensors are more accurate as well). All the data is still the same and the dashboard is still the same as well.

Basically data wise its the same.. But the big things are the size and battery life. You can probably get a full 36 holes out of it now as opposed to MAYBE 27 holes on the V2. It also charges WAY faster, BUT it has a proprietary connector for charging.

Hope that helps

Yes the data is the same. They updated the GPS accuracy (supposedly, but that's with L5 GPS sats which aren't really out there just yet, and they said the sensors are more accurate as well). All the data is still the same and the dashboard is still the same as well.

Basically data wise its the same.. But the big things are the size and battery life. You can probably get a full 36 holes out of it now as opposed to MAYBE 27 holes on the V2. It also charges WAY faster, BUT it has a proprietary connector for charging.

Hope that helps
Cool! Appreciate it!

That will give me something to go over as I anxiously await next month.

Cool! Appreciate it!

That will give me something to go over as I anxiously await next month.
There is really a TON of data.. It's a lot.. And really good.. as long as it's accurate.. I write down every shot on the course as I am playing so that I can verify it cause I am like that.. but I can look at all the rounds, my last 5 rounds, just the last round and get anything I want.. Except I wish the putting data was more detailed in the statistics.

There is really a TON of data.. It's a lot.. And really good.. as long as it's accurate.. I write down every shot on the course as I am playing so that I can verify it cause I am like that.. but I can look at all the rounds, my last 5 rounds, just the last round and get anything I want.. Except I wish the putting data was more detailed in the statistics.
If you are writing down each shot, how often are you having to go back and make adjustments in the Shot Scope data?

If you are writing down each shot, how often are you having to go back and make adjustments in the Shot Scope data?
It's not very often at all I have to change the data from Shot Scope.. but the putting is normally not perfect so I just make sure it's all perfect.. I am sure for most it's perfectly fine, but sometimes putts are off by a couple feet here and there.. Or if I take a practice swing and then the wind picks up and I choose another club it will register the original one. Stuff like that..

With my V2, I miss about 3 shots per round. That’s my fault though as you are supposed to take a couple of practice swings, and I rarely do. There is so much depth to the stats, it’s not funny. I’ve mentioned it before, but what I also like are the little leader boards. I have 2 longest drives on my home course, although someone shot a 72 (or so they claim, the guy has something like a 15 handicap) so I’m never gonna get the lowest score unfortunately.
Worldwide, I’m 422nd in driving accuses you out of 6273, so that’s not bad I suppose. **edit** In fact for the month of June, I’m joint 40th out of 1338 for driving accuracy. Not too shabby. Don’t ask me where I am I’m driving distance LOL.

Last edited:
V2 on Top and V3 at bottom:
95C37881-CDDC-4F0A-80E6-F4C6CB55578E.jpeg

Wow!!! This thing is tiny compared to the V2! And the band is way better, far more comfortable and feels more like a proper watch strap. I don’t think Shotscope want photos posted yet do they, so I won’t break any embargo’s, but I’m telling you now, shotscope are gonna sell a MOUNTAIN of these! I was a fan before, but I’m a complete and utter fan boy now!!!

Wow!!! This thing is tiny compared to the V2! And the band is way better, far more comfortable and feels more like a proper watch strap. I don’t think Shotscope want photos posted yet do they, so I won’t break any embargo’s, but I’m telling you now, shotscope are gonna sell a MOUNTAIN of these! I was a fan before, but I’m a complete and utter fan boy now!!!
Well since I broke the “Embargo”
Compared to iWatch;
615697A9-0A25-4D75-9428-032B7503D315.jpegD7F4B0E5-590E-4888-824B-01F47B3DB34D.jpeg

With my V2, I miss about 3 shots per round. That’s my fault though as you are supposed to take a couple of practice swings, and I rarely do. There is so much depth to the stats, it’s not funny. I’ve mentioned it before, but what I also like are the little leader boards. I have 2 longest drives on my home course, although someone shot a 72 (or so they claim, the guy has something like a 15 handicap) so I’m never gonna get the lowest score unfortunately.
Worldwide, I’m 422nd in driving accuses you out of 6273, so that’s not bad I suppose. **edit** In fact for the month of June, I’m joint 40th out of 1338 for driving accuracy. Not too shabby. Don’t ask me where I am I’m driving distance LOL.
I’m 71 out of 305 for the month of June on Short Game Red Zone Success and 50/305 in Putts per round Nationally

Back