So,Who is really teaching Tiger his new swing?

BigLeftyinAZ

Reaction score
Wonder who really started this and if there really is any truth to this?

Arnold Palmer Invitational

There has been much talk about what exactly Sean Foley is teaching the former best player in the world. Some have said that it’s some new age swing. Other has said it’s the dumb down version of the Stack and Tilt golf swing.

I think now its clear what exactly he is working on.

Enter into the picture Dan Carraher. Dan is a certified Stack and Tilt teacher.

A few weeks ago there was word that Sean Foley has been paying Dan to teach him how to use the Trackman equipment and how it relates to his students. Getting the right information, so to speak.

So what is the next step, bring Dan out to the tour event. Today at Bay Hill, Dan was helping Sean Foley on Tiger. However Tiger did not see this, because Foley would step away for a moment several times to get Dan’s insight to what he saw.

Dan was seen in the background going over the film with Sean and telling him what to do for Tiger.

The conclusion is that Tiger is learning from Mike and Andy via Dan’s interpretation then relaying what he sees’s to Foley.

All I can say it’s a pickle…. why not just go to the source?

http://teachingfoleytoteachtiger.blogspot.com/2011/03/so-really.html

Funny because Dan goes by the name Iteach on another forum. A few years ago he started a thread stating that he saw some things in Tigers swing that he didn't like. It caused a huge uproar. Turned out he was right. Really nice guy and he deserves a ton of success.

It is very common for pros to ask for another set of eyes. I am just guessing that is what Mr foley was doing. I have no proof but I can't imagine Eldrick allowing this to happen. TWs new swing is really based on timing, more than just free wheeling. Once he figures it out he will free wheel again.

It is very common for pros to ask for another set of eyes.

On the PGA Tour event driving range?

We did not witness what they are reporting however. It could have happened, but we saw Foley with quite a few of his students and did not witness that.

If it is true, perhaps Tiger does not want to be associated with "Stack & Tilt"?

This is one of the only times they can put another set of eyes on their student. If you hang out the range you may see it. I don't think it is common practice but I have witnessed it.

Would you? I'm not a fan of that method, some are and it work for them but not my cup of tea

If it is true, perhaps Tiger does not want to be associated with "Stack & Tilt"?

This is one of the only times they can put another set of eyes on their student. If you hang out the range you may see it. I don't think it is common practice but I have witnessed it.

Like I said, I am not doubting you, but we have been to a lot of PGA Tour events and are inside the ropes on the range and I personally have never witnessed it, and did not see anything like this with Foley over the last 2 days.

Would you? I'm not a fan of that method, some are and it work for them but not my cup of tea

It would not bother me...I am a 13 or 14 HC and will try whatever works. I would use Caddyshack as a swing tutorial if I thought it would help! People already say my swing resembles Furyk's....

I would be surprised, very surprised if Foley needs anyone to help him utilize Trackman. That is pretty standard fare, especially among elite teachers, these days. He runs Core Golf Academy which is an elite junior golf program and has all the bell and whistles. Foley is sure getting a lot of scrutiny right now. If tiger comes out the other side of this looking good, there are going to be a a lot of folks who are going to owe him some credit.

Wonder who really started this and if there really is any truth to this?

Arnold Palmer Invitational

There has been much talk about what exactly Sean Foley is teaching the former best player in the world. Some have said that it’s some new age swing. Other has said it’s the dumb down version of the Stack and Tilt golf swing.

I think now its clear what exactly he is working on.

Enter into the picture Dan Carraher. Dan is a certified Stack and Tilt teacher.

A few weeks ago there was word that Sean Foley has been paying Dan to teach him how to use the Trackman equipment and how it relates to his students. Getting the right information, so to speak.

So what is the next step, bring Dan out to the tour event. Today at Bay Hill, Dan was helping Sean Foley on Tiger. However Tiger did not see this, because Foley would step away for a moment several times to get Dan’s insight to what he saw.

Dan was seen in the background going over the film with Sean and telling him what to do for Tiger.

The conclusion is that Tiger is learning from Mike and Andy via Dan’s interpretation then relaying what he sees’s to Foley.

All I can say it’s a pickle…. why not just go to the source?

http://teachingfoleytoteachtiger.blogspot.com/2011/03/so-really.html

This blog seems fairly suspicious to me and I am inclined to call poppycock. The "paying Dan to teach him how to use the Trackman equipment" seems a little odd. There have been stranger things in life, so I cannot discount the blog posting entirely, but hard to find any credibility in it at this point.

This blog seems fairly suspicious to me and I am inclined to call poppycock. The "paying Dan to teach him how to use the Trackman equipment" seems a little odd. There have been stranger things in life, so I cannot discount the blog posting entirely, but hard to find any credibility in it at this point.

I have asked 3 other media people that have been at Bay Hill like us over the past few days and not a single person has witnessed anything like this.

I have asked 3 other media people that have been at Bay Hill like us over the past few days and not a single person has witnessed anything like this.

That is pretty well all I need to know in this thread, thanks JB, I am checking out of this one now.

If they are trying to say that Foley doesn't know how to operate Trackman then I find that extremely difficult to believe.

That's like saying Donald Trump doesn't know how calculate interest accrued....

Back