Spikes or Spikeless - Defend

I used to bot like spikeless till I tried a pair of pro SLS this season. Now I am a believe and picked up a fresh pair on Black Friday. I still have 4 pairs of spiked shoes but will save those for wet rounds.

Spikeless for me. They are much more comfortable without giving up much, if any traction. If it is really wet I may switch to spikes, but I don't even do that as much as I use to.

I'm one of the few I guess who goes back and forth without any preference.

Since the advent of Softspikes, I view all as spikeless anyway. I know that's not literally the case especially considering the ability to wear modern spikeless to and from the course.

But while ON the course, I don't regard them as different in any way (to me).

Most people don't bounce back and forth, but rather have one preference and take it pretty seriously.

Are you a spike player or a spikeless player?
Would you switch on a whim?
Is there one style that is superior to all?

Adidas spikeless and that’s it for me. I go back and forth between adi bounce and adi 4orged.

I have both and I can tell I slip at times in my spikeless shoes, so I like spiked for playing unless the conditions are really dry. I suppose I am undecided at this time.

I am one of the few that go back and forth. It’s solely based on course conditions. I love spikeless.....when it’s only slightly damp or a bit of dew, or dry. I don’t feel like spikeless is even meant for damp or soft and potentially rainy conditions. Yes, they’re more comfortable in most cases buttttttt.....

Spiked shoes simply provide more and better traction in every single condition. So, if there’s even a remote chance of rain, or if it rained in the previous couple of days, or is damp, soft etc etc etc.....I’ll wear spikes. I grew up playing in soft spikes, I’m used to them, they’re practical, they last longer and certainly provid for better water protection. I’m the anomaly.

what’s worse? I’m the exact same way. Now you have to sleep at night knowing we prefer the same types of shoes. Deal with it
I'm one of the few I guess who goes back and forth without any preference.

Since the advent of Softspikes, I view all as spikeless anyway. I know that's not literally the case especially considering the ability to wear modern spikeless to and from the course.

But while ON the course, I don't regard them as different in any way (to me).

I can see that. I think there’s definitely a difference, but if you’re comparing them to metal spikes I’d agree they’re probably closer to each other than metal spikes.

I play spikes. Have switched solely to spikes for the past 4 or so years.
I play them for increased stability (or my own perception of such), and feel like I can make a better swing/turn/follow through while making better contact with the ground.

I probably will not switch back as I have had a couple bad experiences with spikeless over the years.

Spikeless, although I have 1 pair of spiked for soggy rounds

I’m actually impartial- i try and commit to one or the other for a season, I’ve had good success with both though.

Spikes if the majority if my rounds are wetter/softer conditions

I just got a pair of spiked golf shoes (first golf shoes). I am super excited to test them out, but in every other sport I’ve played, I’ve always gone towards more traction. Figured that could mean I’ll like the spikes more?

i don’t think i care one way or the other. i have both in my trunk right now and don’t notice a difference. i also don’t have a very aggressive swing, so traction isn’t a big concern.

Spikes when its wet, slick, goey. Spikeless when it’s dry.

Most people don't bounce back and forth, but rather have one preference and take it pretty seriously.

Are you a spike player or a spikeless player?
Would you switch on a whim?
Is there one style that is superior to all?
MAKE me pick, it’s spikeless. More comfortable to walk in.

That said, I rotate between each pretty much daily.

I have both type but prefer my soft spikes. Little to no chance is slippage in the spikes

I use both depending on how wet it is. You force me to pick one for the rest of my life I would go spikeless because they are always comfortable to walk in. Spiked are not comfortable walkers on a hard baked out summer course.

I am actually one of those that goes back and forth. If I am walking I will use my spikeless shoes, it just feels more comfortable walking in them to me. If I know I am going to be riding I will use a spiked shoe that will match what I am wearing. I have at least 8 pairs of golf shoes of different color combinations but only have 3 spikeless pairs, white, gray and black.

I have been a spikes person for a long time, but I did pick up a pair of spikeless for use at the range as they are all mats around me, so spikes aren't needed. I will try the spikeless shoes out on the course once the weather warms up

If I had to choose though, it would be spiked over here in the UK as we don't have enough dry weather to guarantee having enough grip all year round

Spikeless when walking, spiked sometimes when riding. So spikeless are probably worn 100 times to 1 time for spiked. When my two pairs of spiked finally bite the dust, I won't buy any more.

I play both, so I'm not a good judge. Spikeless tend to be more comfortable while walking, and the spikeless traction has drastically improved over the years. However I tend to twist a lot, so if the ground is any what wet, I have to use spikes.

I feel like my main adidas are kind of a hybrid though. They only have a few spikes so really, they feel in between.

Always been a spikes guy. I tried the spikeless a while back and I just slipped too much when swinging, although they were more comfortable to walk in.

I bounce back and forth. I prefer spikeless in the summer but spiked in the spring/fall when the ground is a bit more soft/wet. My shoe collection is entirely Puma except for one pair of New Balance. I prefer the Puma spiked even over the NB for comfort

I bounce between both. I like spikeless because they don't tear up greens but also I LOVE my DryJoys

I am a spikeless guy for work and if I'm at the range hitting off of mats. If I am on the course or a grass range, I will go with spiked shoes.

Back