Sporting Jersey - Hot Topic

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok so this one started in the Banter Thread, but with the conversation already noted this topic needs its own thread.

So if you have a jersey and said player leaves for whatever it may be free agency, trade, retirement do you continue to wear that players jersey in support of your team?

Let’s hear your reasoning why or why not…

Retirement is acceptable... free agency or trade not a good look...

if you like a player get their new jersey.

Caveat...I don't wear bball jerseys but I could support a James jersey

Sporting? A sporting jersey? Sporting a jersey? A jersey that sports? Sorry, the craziness has started early here.

Sure! I have jerseys because I like the player, or because I like the team, or because I liked that era. My Nerlens Noel Sixers jersey ain’t going anywhere.

As in…

No problem with people getting jerseys. I personally don’t wear them anymore if they get traded but I don’t think someone is dumb if they do

I am not a Jersey wearer, but I think the only way I would wear a players jersey no longer on the team is if they retired.

Otherwise I’m having the name removed off the back and go with a nameless player and just a number.

I'd wear a Kyrie Cleveland jersey before a lebum jersey and I feel like that should speak for itself 😄

Sure! I have jerseys because I like the player, or because I like the team, or because I liked that era. My Nerlens Noel Sixers jersey ain’t going anywhere.

Yep.

I'm not going to wear the ex back up punter from 2003 that was traded a bunch to a game - but if I'm a fan of Eddie George by golly I'm going to wear that to a Titans game with pride.

I'd wear a Kyrie Cleveland jersey before a lebum jersey and I feel like that should speak for itself 😄
Kyrie literally killed that dynamic duo... I liked him until everything unfolded and he showed his true colors as a selfish immature kid... I digress... back to jerseys...

I am not a Jersey wearer, but I think the only way I would wear a players jersey no longer on the team is if they retired.

Otherwise I’m having the name removed off the back and go with a nameless player and just a number.
I bought my wife an awesome AJ Green jersey at Marshalls this year for cheap cheap. She's just getting started in her fandom and loves it.

The thought I had was that if she cared at all (she doesn't seem to), we could just get the nameplate replaced to say Edwards or whatever.

My take (mostly borrowed from what I posted in the banter thread):

Wear what you want.

I personally won't wear a jersey anymore if the player left via free agency.

If they retire it is fair game.

Agree on all points.

So basically, you would only wear a Tony Boselli jersey?

are these still tasteful?

1674221331105.png

I use them for display or to have players sign them. Not a huge jersey wearer used to wear them a ton though

Wear Cavs, then Boston under, then Nets...depending on performance just swap in and out the jerseys.

That guy...oh that guy.

I only own two jerseys which are technically called sweaters. One is a red wings that has no name or number and the other is a Labatt Blue one haha

- I’ll wear a jersey if they retired

- I’ll wear one of a player that left on good terms. If they burned bridges or forced their way out kick rocks.

I bought my wife an awesome AJ Green jersey at Marshalls this year for cheap cheap. She's just getting started in her fandom and loves it.

The thought I had was that if she cared at all (she doesn't seem to), we could just get the nameplate replaced to say Edwards or whatever.
I feel like that's where most clevelanders get their jersey... "I want a new jersey this year, who was our QB/WR last year?" chances are they aren't here any longer!

At least you could get a "HUNT" (Kareem) jersey for pennies on the dollar, and still support the Hunt family who own the Chiefs! Too cheap??

I have a few, mostly basketball. I think the ability to wear the jersey after leaving the team depends on the circumstances of the specific player, and not just the player themselves.

For example, I have a Shaq Heat jersey and that’s still fine to wear because he won a championship here and left on good terms. But I wouldn’t wear a James jersey even though he also won 2 championships because of how he left.

Wade is ok because he left but came back.

Back