Srixon Q-Star Golf Balls

So took them out to the chipping and putting green today.

Chipping:
Felt pretty soft. Got decent amount of spin from it, though I was only able to chip from about 5 yards off the green. One of my favorites for this price range in this area.

Putting:
Great! Again, one of my favorites for this price range.

So far, it feels like maybe a $35-$40 ball. Not up to pro-v1 softness on the greens, but I never expected them to. Definitely feels better than any of the Bridgestone e series balls.

Playing a full round tomorrow and will give better feedback. I need to get up to 10 posts between now and then so that I can post pictures.

Look forward to hearing more about the spin

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

I'm a new member on this forum as well. I've been looking for info on this ball and so I've been watching this thread. I was able to find these at Edwin Watts and took them out to the course for a quick 18 today. I've been playing the Trispeeds for most of the year and it's a fantastic ball. I really wanted to see how it compared to the Trispeed. The Q Star, at least in my opinion, performs similarly to the Trispeed. Off the tee it had just as much distance, maybe a few yards more. On iron shots I gained some noticeable distance. I'm not sure why, but I flew the green a few times until I adjusted. Approach shots have a little more spin than the Trispeeds, but less than the Z Star or ProV1. The same goes for chipping around the greens. It felt good off of the putter as well. My only problem was adjusting to the distance change and that wasn't a big deal. So far this ball seems like a good fit for me and at $25 it's hard to beat. I look forward to hearing what other people think of this ball.

Looking forward to trying these out when I need my next dozen...

any word on a UK / Europe release?

cant seem to find them listed anywhere..

I'm a new member on this forum as well. I've been looking for info on this ball and so I've been watching this thread. I was able to find these at Edwin Watts and took them out to the course for a quick 18 today. I've been playing the Trispeeds for most of the year and it's a fantastic ball. I really wanted to see how it compared to the Trispeed. The Q Star, at least in my opinion, performs similarly to the Trispeed. Off the tee it had just as much distance, maybe a few yards more. On iron shots I gained some noticeable distance. I'm not sure why, but I flew the green a few times until I adjusted. Approach shots have a little more spin than the Trispeeds, but less than the Z Star or ProV1. The same goes for chipping around the greens. It felt good off of the putter as well. My only problem was adjusting to the distance change and that wasn't a big deal. So far this ball seems like a good fit for me and at $25 it's hard to beat. I look forward to hearing what other people think of this ball.

I play the Trispeed too and have played the Q-Star twice now. It seemed the Q-Star was just a little shorter off the tee for me but I haven't put them head to head to see for sure. I did like the Q-Stars around the green but didn't notice any added distance on my iron shots at all. Do you play the Trispeed or the Trispeed Tour? I haven't formed a final opinion on this ball just yet because I want to do a really good ball testing against a few of my favorites (Trispeed, Vision, Bridgestone B330RX). I really want to like this ball the best because of the price but I'm not quite sure it will be best for me because of my slower swing speed. Maybe I will have the time to do a really good test this week and report back.

Definitely keeping an eye on this thread. I play, and love, the Trispeed Tour. I'll have to pick up a dozen and put them head to head.

Looks interesting. I might go out tonight and see if I can find some.

I play the Trispeed too and have played the Q-Star twice now. It seemed the Q-Star was just a little shorter off the tee for me but I haven't put them head to head to see for sure. I did like the Q-Stars around the green but didn't notice any added distance on my iron shots at all. Do you play the Trispeed or the Trispeed Tour? I haven't formed a final opinion on this ball just yet because I want to do a really good ball testing against a few of my favorites (Trispeed, Vision, Bridgestone B330RX). I really want to like this ball the best because of the price but I'm not quite sure it will be best for me because of my slower swing speed. Maybe I will have the time to do a really good test this week and report back.

I play the regular Trispeed. I don't have a fast swing speed either, which is why I always played the lower compression balls like the Trispeed and Soft Feel. I tried the Trispeed Tour but I lost a full club in distance and my little fade with the driver turned into a slice. With the Q Star my distance off the tee was pretty close to the Trispeed (this is using a gps to determine distance). It was a few yards longer on most hits. I know my iron distances pretty well with the Trispeed but I was hitting it farther with the Q Star. Maybe it was adrenaline or something. In any case, I will know more about it after a few rounds. By the way, I've also played the Z Star for a few rounds and my iron distances with the Q Star seem to be pretty close. Maybe I will go out and play the Trispeed, Z Star, and Q Star side by side and see how they compare.

Like the sound of these so far. If they perform close to the B330-RX for 40% of the price I woudl gladly play them, especially for non-tournament type rounds or at courses where I know I might lose a ball or two (or twelve). :)

I hope Srixon knows what they're doing. What if a bunch of thier Z-Star, (ummm...$3.50/ball), customers do question everything and decide that they don't need a premium tour ball and switch to this ball or worse even someone else's ball.

I hope Srixon knows what they're doing. What if a bunch of thier Z-Star, (ummm...$3.50/ball), customers do question everything and decide that they don't need a premium tour ball and switch to this ball or worse even someone else's ball.

I don't think they will have a problem, look at titleist, they have the ProV's and the NXT Tours......When they released the NXT Tours, I bet they didn't loose too many ProV diehards. I bet Srixon will discontinue the AD333 and possible keep the Tri-Speed and Z-Stars.

Played 18 with the Q-Star today and still love them around the green. Probably one of the cheapest balls I've had actually check up on a 100 yard shot with my 52*.

I kind of have the same sentiment as others though and I think I lost about 5ish yards off of my driver. My iron distance didn't feel like it lost anything though, and might have gained something.

I had at least one beautiful shot with the Q-Star... On a 160 yd par 3, pulled out 7 iron and hit a slight fade tracking right to the pin. The ball hit the green and stopped maybe 6 ft from where it landed and left me with a 6 foot put for birdie. Of course, I missed it.

Honestly, even though I lose a little distance than my usual ball (B330-RX), I'll gladly trade that for almost as good of performance around the green and $15/dozen.

How is the feel compared to the RX?

Not quite as good, but as I said. For $17 less a dozen, it isn't bad.

Definitely one of the better ones I've found at ~$25.

Wow! Great sounding ball at a great price? I guess time will tell if this is the real deal!

I probably won't be trying the, anytime soon, as I am very happy in my current ball. It sounds like a good deal though.

For those who have already played with it, how straight is it off the tee? Can it compete with the :bridgestone: e6?

For those who have already played with it, how straight is it off the tee? Can it compete with the :bridgestone: e6?

I actually think it can. I find it very straight off the tee. I do think it has slightly more greenside spin than the e6 though.

I actually think it can. I find it very straight off the tee. I do think it has slightly more greenside spin than the e6 though.

I am guessing that you and I have similar swing characteristics with the driver. How does the Q-Star feel off of the driver? Is it mushy or really hard? Just right?

I am guessing that you and I have similar swing characteristics with the driver. How does the Q-Star feel off of the driver? Is it mushy or really hard? Just right?

I have not seen your swing, so I am not sure, but I like a ball that is easier to compress. This one is nice like that. Not cotton ball like in terms of compression, because even on big swings, I did not overcompress it and see ballooning.

JB- is the Rabalon (?) cover 'softer' than the Surlyn of the e6 then?

JB- is the Rabalon (?) cover 'softer' than the Surlyn of the e6 then?

To me, slightly. I am seeing a little less release on approach shots. Will be playing it tomorrow again for more feedback.

Cool, thanks man...interested to see how these perform on the course for you

To me, slightly. I am seeing a little less release on approach shots. Will be playing it tomorrow again for more feedback.

Back