Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

There are quite a few times I get away with murder off the shiny part of face, half off the grooves lol. Stings a bit and sounds different but still goes pretty true

I remember a shot you hit at Las Colinas where the ball mark was off the grooves on the toe and you still hit the green. That stuck in my mind for sure.

Crazy how forgiving some of these irons are considering their overall size.

I took the plunge on these for a second set of irons. Just went with the stock s300 shafts. Looking forward to hitting these next to my J15DFs once the weather warms up a bit.

looks like we will have similar clubs this year. Depending on my bonus the DFs could be in the bag in May

What did you think about the weight compared to Apex or the Nike's

I'm not a feel guy but I had zero issues with 130 gram through 18 holes.

I'm playing these for the foreseeable future based on today's results.

Going forward, any time I b!tch about my lie angles, would somebody kindly remind me to just mark up a ball and find out rather than speculating? Marker test showed a straight up vertical line last night. At the same time, working on your swing flaws seems to make the ball go straighter. Crazy how that works.

Thumbs up to the irons still.

Hahaha- weird how that happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spent some time reading the review and looking at the lofts and trying to decide on a potential set up if these were to become my new clubs. I can get a set of 5-PW for £449 from the club that fits them locally but I need to check for any options and costs (grips, shafts, etc) but based on my current bag I would consider adding the 4i as well to sit between the 5i and my 5w, or maybe look at a hybrid for the first time

At the other end of the bag, with the PW being 44 degrees I would need to look at adding new wedges so for those who have got them, what wedge setup did you go for? With the current thoughts in set, I would have space for 3 wedges

With the PW where it is - if you didn't weaken it, I'd say go 48, 54, 60. This is literally my only gripe about this set. That PW loft messed up my whole plan of attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully I can sell my truck this week, so i can order a set.

Took them out yesterday for the first time on a course. Played my home course-Boulder Creek GC- Coyote/DesertHawk. Let me say that I love these irons. They hit so pure for me. I was striking the ball very well and got some great carries from clubs that were only distances with my old irons. Even 1 or 2 mishits went very well. The clubs are abit heavier than most I've tried but for me they allowed me to swing effortlessly.

Unfortunately, my putting let me down. But I'll be back again next weekend. I'm now going to keep them in the trunk of the car this week so I can hit the range on the way home from work.

I remember a shot you hit at Las Colinas where the ball mark was off the grooves on the toe and you still hit the green. That stuck in my mind for sure.
lol yea, and thank goodness the face is a bit more resilient to that hit :). It's the first set of irons where on a mis-hit, I see the forgiveness plain as day. Jumping from a PW on the 545 to the Mp-T5 49* wedge, I find myself not trusting it as much even though I have no trouble with my SW and AW. I can't wait to get the 545 AW from japan and see how things go!

What shaft does the AW come with? (Or are their options)

Good info, mine was ordered through AtomicGolf.

Think I could've made a modification but that gets risky when you can barely read the email. Hahaha

There are 4 or 5 different shaft options on Rakuten available with the AW. From what I can recall, a couple of different Nippon options, KBS Tour, Miyazaki Kosuma. Probably a few others as well.

they had a few different options, I saw some DGs which were X100s or S200s which was odd. I saw sets that said S200, maybe that's a thing in japan? You'll have to excuse my ignorance there, but I'm just pulling the shaft out of my other wedge.

they had a few different options, I saw some DGs which were X100s or S200s which was odd. I saw sets that said S200, maybe that's a thing in japan? You'll have to excuse my ignorance there, but I'm just pulling the shaft out of my other wedge.

S200 is the wedge weight of the dynamic golds I believe. I have those on my wedges.

S200 is the wedge weight of the dynamic golds I believe. I have those on my wedges.
oh yea that much i know lol but it was odd i saw the S200s for a whole set though.

So my AW shipped on the 14th and get here YESTERDAY! Holy cow. Came just as ordered and is a thing of beauty. I had ordered a 545 AW and a 745 AW...was NOT expecting what the 745 was going to look like and had to hide my boner. Needless to say, my friend asked me to order him the SW....I'm tempted to get one myself.
noyiyc.jpg

wv7ltk.jpg

man I want that 545 AW dang it

Just got mine today. It came with Nippon 980, stiff. I didn't care because I am going to reshaft with Recoil 95 F3 anyway.

The problem is that it takes Mike Dean an average of 36 weeks to complete a shaft change.

The problem is that it takes Mike Dean an average of 36 weeks to complete a shaft change.

yeah his turnaround time is not very good.

Back