Srixon Z 545 & Z 745 Driver Preview

One more note on the stock Kuro Kage offering with these drivers. They are great. I had some doubts at the beginning as I was tuning and experimenting, even to the point on wanting to maybe try some of my current shafts instead. No more. Like Buck said earlier, it's a great pairing. It's not whippy but it's not a stiff board.

I can't remember the last time I fell in love with a stock shaft offering in a driver the Kage just is a perfect fit for the head IMO. Also did some research I think the fact it's 66 grams helps as I'm usually a 70 gram shaft guy. This is close enough and just the right flex.

All this talk of BuckLong drives us making me want to give this a whirl when it comes out. I'd like to get 1/2 the distance and accuracy he gets. If it's better than what he was hitting in Orlando then I'd say that's a keeper for him.

These look so sick. Can't wait to get my hands on the 745. Any comparison to the XL Custom?

These look so sick. Can't wait to get my hands on the 745. Any comparison to the XL Custom?

I can say that I prefer the 545 over the 588 Custom by a fairly large margin. Seemed a lot more forgiving for my miss.

I can say that I prefer the 545 over the 588 Custom by a fairly large margin. Seemed a lot more forgiving for my miss.

I liked them both, but can say as well, that I liked the 545 over the Custom.

I liked them both, but can say as well, that I liked the 545 over the Custom.

Me 3, plus the custom looks broken at address.

I can't remember the last time I fell in love with a stock shaft offering in a driver the Kage just is a perfect fit for the head IMO. Also did some research I think the fact it's 66 grams helps as I'm usually a 70 gram shaft guy. This is close enough and just the right flex.

I really wish I had gone stock shaft with this one. With the right shaft this thing would be a rocket launcher.

I really wish I had gone stock shaft with this one. With the right shaft this thing would be a rocket launcher.

I've been trying to find a good shaft for my alpha for months kuro Kage is the real deal

I've been trying to find a good shaft for my alpha for months kuro Kage is the real deal

I'm sure it's legit my man. If it's Buck long then of course it is haha

makes me want to get my hands on these even more

makes me want to get my hands on these even more

that Miyazaki Shaft seemed to be suiting him well, 173 ball speed on some of those in the second group of swings, looking at his chart. Wow 173

I hit these today at TGW. I couldn't get dialed in with the 745, but I was hitting some bombs with the 545. I struggled to get consistent height, but when I did it went far and straight. I got a G30 to play for a bit, but I have 30 days and may try the 545 if I don't like the G30 on the course. I saw similar distance from both, but the G30 launched much higher for me. They were both very similar as far as forgiveness, and I only saw about 1mph more ball speed on the G30. My SS averaged 114 for the day.

I hit these today at TGW. I couldn't get dialed in with the 745, but I was hitting some bombs with the 545. I struggled to get consistent height, but when I did it went far and straight. I got a G30 to play for a bit, but I have 30 days and may try the 545 if I don't like the G30 on the course. I saw similar distance from both, but the G30 launched much higher for me. They were both very similar as far as forgiveness, and I only saw about 1mph more ball speed on the G30. My SS averaged 114 for the day.

Did you try adjusting the rear weight? Putting the heavier 11g weight in would help you to launch it higher.

what were your launch angles with the 545? what about spin rates and angle of attack?

what were your launch angles with the 545? what about spin rates and angle of attack?
Launch angles averaged around 10*, though several were in the 7-8-9 range, and only a couple got up around 12-13; those were my better shots. Spin averaged 2000-2100. Low knucklers is very typical of my swing with most drivers. I usually have to loft up, or play high launching heads to get height. I don't recall the angle of attack. It was my first time hitting on a monitor, so I am not entirely sure what all the numbers meant, to be honest. Average launch with the G30 was in the 12* range, with a little more spin, up to 2400-2500. I need to get the G30 on a course to see if it balloons in the wind with that extra spin.

Did you try adjusting the rear weight? Putting the heavier 11g weight in would help you to launch it higher.
I never got a chance to change the weights. All the clubs I hit today were just stock, with stiff shafts. They didn't even let me adjust lofts or anything either. I had gone there after work, because I had a dentist appointment on that side of town. If I was being honest, I'd say that since I didn't look like a "golfer," they weren't real excited to help me out. I truly believe they thought I was just in there to play around with some golf clubs. Probably shocked them when I actually bought something.

I'd like to get my hands on an 11 gram weight myself. I think it might get me what I need from this driver. It's just so darn sleek and bada$& looking

We know a guy!

Twitter is your friend.

I know but I feel guilty asking.,. They have already hooked us up so much.

Spent half of my lesson the other day focused on driving (it's been as bad as it's ever been lately), and got out on the course for the first time since yesterday.

Took the driver out on 12 holes. Was in the fairway for 10 of them, and had a shot at the green for all 12. Additionally, was a club or so shorter into greens than I usually was with the previous driver. This thing is long.

Spent half of my lesson the other day focused on driving (it's been as bad as it's ever been lately), and got out on the course for the first time since yesterday.

Took the driver out on 12 holes. Was in the fairway for 10 of them, and had a shot at the green for all 12. Additionally, was a club or so shorter into greens than I usually was with the previous driver. This thing is long.

good news all around

Received the weight kit from THP today. Thank You Morgan! I'm hitting the 745 so well that I shouldn't tinker....but then what fun would that be??!!

8dcc7ce4d334ab4c84557ca16a9186a4.jpg

Received the weight kit from THP today. Thank You Morgan! I'm hitting the 745 so well that I shouldn't tinker....but then what fun would that be??!!

8dcc7ce4d334ab4c84557ca16a9186a4.jpg

Nice dude! Here's hoping mine comes soon. I want that 11 gram in the driver really badly.

Back