Srixon Z 745 Irons Preview

I must admit, I prefer the chrome look of these over the black - I would be slightly concerned about the look after the black wears off (as per the RTX wedges) but this isn't an issue with the chrome version that I am seeing with my 545's

I am striking these the best I have ever hit any other set I have gamed. The feel when you pure it is unreal. Since adding weight to the shaft I am making very solid strikes leading to more greens and more distance and better direction overall. The only club I cannot hit atm is my 5 iron which is very strange as usually it is my go to club off short par 4's

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

just found one more of the whole range:

foNGvWk.png
I thought this a Japanese release, I like them a lot.

Thrilled that these are a U.S. release!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not been this content with my bag setup in a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. I have no desire to try any new irons out.

I have hit my stride with these 745's and it's a wonderful thing when your looking at a green that is surrounded by water, hazards, snakes, turtles, birds, bunkers and greens keepers watering the green away from the pin. :D

I have not been this content with my bag setup in a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time. I have no desire to try any new irons out.

I have hit my stride with these 745's and it's a wonderful thing when your looking at a green that is surrounded by water, hazards, snakes, turtles, birds, bunkers and greens keepers watering the green away from the pin. :D

I feel the same way about my irons dude. If anything I'm contemplating buying a backup set of the same thing

I feel the same way about my irons dude. If anything I'm contemplating buying a backup set of the same thing

i did that with my z545's. They are just that good. Had to have 2 sets just in case the airlines ever loses my primary. At least that is what i tell myself.

i did that with my z545's. They are just that good. Had to have 2 sets just in case the airlines ever loses my primary. At least that is what i tell myself.

Love the rationale haha

I've got a fitting booked for tomorrow and I'm still torn between these and the mp-25. I think the Mizuno is edging it mainly due to the custom options but I'll probably have one final comparison before the fitting starts...

anyone else hit both?

I had demo Z 745 and Z 545 7 irons on the course yesterday. Here are my observations:
  • They look great in the bag and behind the ball.
  • They feel great and go a long way.
  • I really didn't take any big divots. I am not sure if this was because the course was firm or if it was because of the sole design.

My concern is that my normal draw became a wicked hook with the demo 7 irons. I don't know if it means that I don't have enough game for them or if I was thrown off by them being shorter than my current irons and having a smaller grip. My Cleveland CG16s are +3/4" with midsize grips. Would shorter clubs with smaller grips exaggerate my draw? Does anyone have any insights on this?

I had demo Z 745 and Z 545 7 irons on the course yesterday. Here are my observations:
  • They look great in the bag and behind the ball.
  • They feel great and go a long way.
  • I really didn't take any big divots. I am not sure if this was because the course was firm or if it was because of the sole design.

My concern is that my normal draw became a wicked hook with the demo 7 irons. I don't know if it means that I don't have enough game for them or if I was thrown off by them being shorter than my current irons and having a smaller grip. My Cleveland CG16s are +3/4" with midsize grips. Would shorter clubs with smaller grips exaggerate my draw? Does anyone have any insights on this?

Thanks for your thoughts. I've noticed the same with divots - a little smaller than my other irons.

As for grips - my fitter told me that for a lot of people the smaller grip can help promote a release and turn the ball over.

Lads, I hit these irons for the first time yesterday and can I say WOW!!!!! I have never felt contact like this from an iron. Increased ball speed, distance, spin the works. I must say I am mightily impressed with this iron and man do they look good. Coming from Ping s55's and I'm ready to drop them now for the z745's. Hit with just the stock TT DG S300's and trying to determine if that is what I would go with. My current gamers have KBS Tour shafts and just don't know if I like the feel as much as I did the S300's in the z745's. Thoughts? Anyone play these with PX 6.0's?

I have a set here with PXi 6.0s. Like them quite a bit.

These irons are work horses for me,a nice blend of what my apex's were with accuracy with a softer feel. The longer irons in my apex pros were still much better,just point and shoot.

I have a set here with PXi 6.0s. Like them quite a bit.

You should bring them with you to Cali and let me demo them for the weekend :)

Lads, I hit these irons for the first time yesterday and can I say WOW!!!!! I have never felt contact like this from an iron. Increased ball speed, distance, spin the works. I must say I am mightily impressed with this iron and man do they look good. Coming from Ping s55's and I'm ready to drop them now for the z745's. Hit with just the stock TT DG S300's and trying to determine if that is what I would go with. My current gamers have KBS Tour shafts and just don't know if I like the feel as much as I did the S300's in the z745's. Thoughts? Anyone play these with PX 6.0's?
Think px 6.0 would be a great combo with these beauties. I have kbs tour's in mine but I am partial to kbs now

I just hate dropping that much money as my local store does not have the shafts I want to test in these baby's. The s300's felt great but man the px 6.0's could put these over the top

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

These are great clubs!

Thanks for the input lads. Putt he z745's in my bag this week. Love the feel of this iron, smooth as butter.

Tested them with the DG x100 shafts which felt great and the Mizuno optimizer actually suggested that shaft for my swing and tempo but I found a set locally for under $400 with the DG s300 so I had to pull the trigger. Signature will be updated soon.

Thanks for the input lads. Putt he z745's in my bag this week. Love the feel of this iron, smooth as butter.

Tested them with the DG x100 shafts which felt great and the Mizuno optimizer actually suggested that shaft for my swing and tempo but I found a set locally for under $400 with the DG s300 so I had to pull the trigger. Signature will be updated soon.

That's a hell of a deal! Enjoy them golffanatik, they are beautiful sticks!

Two range sessions so far and they feel amazing. The x100's for me would have been a little more consistent buy I can live with the s300's

Recoils with masters edition lamkins on the srixons :)

522a0ba5d181d5f52e407ec847d0fc5f.jpg

Back