Srixon Z 745 Irons Preview

I am not suppose to go home until next Friday but there better be some serious Business to do or I am bailing by Wed.

I am eyeballing a set I found for a hell of a deal. I just bought my Mizuno's but I would still love to have a set of these on hand.

Deals are out there got mine for $650 with tour 90 shafts, not what I would have ordered but the set I was going to order was $1,200 so I have some room to play with shafts if needed later on.

Of the 8 Morgan Cup'ers, 6 of them went with the 545's so they are getting a little more play on here than the 745 thread. I think that some are also thinking these are more of a "players" iron than other irons out there which is not the case. I think the 745's are very similar to the Apex's in many ways. I actually let one of the DFW'ers hit a few shots with the 745's last weekend and he surprised himself with the shots.
Hes talking about me! These things are great and I am seriously pondering hem. Just trying to decide if I want the added forgiveness of the 545s. I need to spend a bit more time with them. 2 of my best shots of the day came with these. Easy launch and great flight, and long! They feel much better than the Apex to me and launch easier as well. In the past I would have already ordered a set but with work picking up and a baby on the way Im taking my time with this next purchase.

Last edited:
Of the 8 Morgan Cup'ers, 6 of them went with the 545's so they are getting a little more play on here than the 745 thread. I think that some are also thinking these are more of a "players" iron than other irons out there which is not the case. I think the 745's are very similar to the Apex's in many ways. I actually let one of the DFW'ers hit a few shots with the 745's last weekend and he surprised himself with the shots.

I'd tend to agree with this - I took a few swings and they did not seem overly demanding. I'll take all the forgiveness I can get, thank you very much, but at least in the mid/short irons, I don't think I'd have trouble playing these.

Well, I have a set of "Excellent" condition Z-745 incoming from Global Golf. Can't wait to get them in the bag.

Well, I have a set of "Excellent" condition Z-745 incoming from Global Golf. Can't wait to get them in the bag.
Lol you are out of control. Haha Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Of course they are excellent.

I'd tend to agree with this - I took a few swings and they did not seem overly demanding. I'll take all the forgiveness I can get, thank you very much, but at least in the mid/short irons, I don't think I'd have trouble playing these.

This. These in a split set might be the best iron set available right now in my opinion

Well, looking forward to seeing what you think of 'em. You are a good player and I think you will like these a lot based on what you can do with 'em. Good Luck!

Well, looking forward to seeing what you think of 'em. You are a good player and I think you will like these a lot based on what you can do with 'em. Good Luck!

Thanks to this thread and others I just spent $ on set of 745s! OUCH. Me dont need these! LOL. Oh well I put them on ebay if dont work out and get $ back. Dont tell wife.LOL>

Thanks to this thread and others I just spent $ on set of 745s! OUCH. Me dont need these! LOL. Oh well I put them on ebay if dont work out and get $ back. Dont tell wife.LOL>

Good to see some guys dipping into the 745 fun. Looking forward to seeing what you think! Hope they work out for you and you don't have to use Ebay!

Good to see some guys dipping into the 745 fun. Looking forward to seeing what you think! Hope they work out for you and you don't have to use Ebay!

Yea I know, you guys will be first to hear if I sell. BTW I got a H45 hybrid for sale on bay right now.

Yea I know, you guys will be first to hear if I sell. BTW I got a H45 hybrid for sale on bay right now.

Is that the one for $175 that I just clicked watch on a few minutes ago? What would be the odds of that..........

Is that the one for $175 that I just clicked watch on a few minutes ago? What would be the odds of that..........

Its 170 19 degree. The only reason I did not like it was the shaft. Too short and not smooth enough for me. I like the head, but decided to spend money elsewhere. one of those late night oops purchases online!!

I just can't stand it I played 27 holes today (walking 4.5 hrs, damn these guys fly) with my old Alpha MB irons and hit them quite well, but thinking about how much better the 745's will be is just too much. I am taking the redeye home Wed. morning and will have the 745's on the Course Thursday morning.

I just can't stand it I played 27 holes today (walking 4.5 hrs, damn these guys fly) with my old Alpha MB irons and hit them quite well, but thinking about how much better the 745's will be is just too much. I am taking the redeye home Wed. morning and will have the 745's on the Course Thursday morning.

Now that is motivation! Good Luck!

I think what surprised me the most is how much I liked the feeling of the C Tapers in these clubs, I was fit for them and got away from them because I am never satisfied. I only play these clubs when in Brazil and due to the health scare I had not been back in 2 months. If the Tour 90's don't work out in the 745's I think C Tapers might be the way to go. I was thinking Graphite, but the MCI'S or Program's in the heavier shaft weight are just way high in price.

Just got home from Brazil and opened the Srixon box on my desk, they are just as stated 4-PW KBS Tour 90 Standard L/L/L excellent condition. You can tell a few balls have been hit with them but you have to look hard to see the slight ball marks. Tomorrow morning off for a early round and review, Just way too tired to even swing them right now I don't want any bad feelings because I am wasted.

Also opened the box with the new Matrix Kujoh shafts, they are really sharp looking shafts all brand new uncut.

Good luck with em! I'll be taking mine into battle this weekend for a 2 day tournament. Time to put this hard work with em to the test!

Mine are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait.

Mine are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Can't wait.

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these. From my experiences with the 545, and the type of irons you say you play well with, I would imagine you'll really enjoy these.

1st impressions of Z745 irons 4-PW

I played a course (par 70, 6,100 yds) I know very well and have gone low on before, it has been in bad shape most of the summer so this was the 1st time back in 2 months. Of course I forgot my GPS watch but that was not a factor on this course. I managed a 79 today with 2 doubles.

They are very similar to the APEX pros in size and look at address with the nod going to the Srixon being just a bit smaller overall and just a better looking club IMO. I felt the distances were very close with the nod again going to the Srixon's by a small margin. I did fly 2 greens when I stayed down on the club but only by a yard or two.

I bought these off the bay and they came with KBS Tour 90 shafts at Stock L /L/L and stock Lamkin UTX grips, I normally play .50" over standard length and midsize grips so I took that into account during my round today.

My 1st couple of shots were Driver PW, then a Par 3 with the 9 iron and I hit both low on the face but still made the green and the flight was low as would be expected but held the green in both cases. The next few holes were mixed with different irons and I adjusted to the club length and hit some really nice shots. I had the chance to use the 4 iron on a short par 4 off the tee (off the deck no tee) and it was a laser, mid high and about 185 yds. very good for me.

I am most impressed with the longer irons, they really seemed easier to hit than the APEX pros which could be the way they are weighted with the Tungsten inserts, they were just effortless to hit.

Overall I really like these irons and with the Tour 90 shafts I found much better dispersion on all shots, which could be the slightly stiffer flex. Most were exactly where I was lined up and mid high flight (I say exactly, but for me 5 yds off line either way is as close to exactly as I get). They are just a bit more forgiving than the APEX pros overall and once I either adjust to the Length or have .50" extensions put in and add a couple of wraps to the grips these will be deadly. Flushed shots felt fantastic and the misses were all playable and most on the green.

I am playing a more challenging course in the morning and hope to see even better results with some more time with them.

I can't stop drooling over these irons...These are the first irons, besides certain Mizuno offerings, that visually just made me say "Wow."

Back