Srixon Z 745 Irons Preview

Okay Buck, here ya go. Your XHP launched the ball higher than these did naturally based on the club design and weighting. You hit the ball at a fairly moderate flight with those (when I saw you). That would lead me to say KBS Tour, because it would raise that slightly although with your angle coming in, I am not going to be sure you would get much change. In the end, I will say C-Taper Lites, because you told me you loved the feel of them. I believe that that should be the deciding factor for your game and ball flight between the three and you will have a pretty darn good set going.
Way better than my guess haha - go with what JB said.

Do these play like a MB? I have been pondering the new APEX MB, but these seem a bit more friendly (by the design) and boy are they sharp looking.

I really should not be looking at either one, but the APEX pros are doing fine and I do like the MB feeling. A little more help would be perfect and that sole design seems to be the difference.

Do these play like a MB? I have been pondering the new APEX MB, but these seem a bit more friendly (by the design) and boy are they sharp looking.

I really should not be looking at either one, but the APEX pros are doing fine and I do like the MB feeling. A little more help would be perfect and that sole design seems to be the difference.

I'll let Nate speak to this in more depth, but having hit his, not really. They are more forgiving but feel like an MB if that makes sense. They also interact with the turf quite differently (read better) than an MB.

Boy that sounds perfect, just a shame no one has them to try. I have been trying to get a set direct from Japan with the Miyasaki shafts, but so far no answer and he is a Dunlop importer in Brazil.

Boy that sounds perfect, just a shame no one has them to try. I have been trying to get a set direct from Japan with the Miyasaki shafts, but so far no answer and he is a Dunlop importer in Brazil.

They are amazing my man. These and the 545's are some of the best irons I have hit. I can't say enough about the turf interaction.

Looking around the net, the Miyasaki shafts are not even listed here as an option. But are a standard offering from the Dunlop release.

These are not MB's by look and design. They have a much ticker sole and bigger cavity. The 745's even seem a bit bigger than the X Forged I was coming off of probably in large part to the bigger V sole on the 745's. I've already said it, but these are the most forgiving forged irons I've played with thus far. I do not see a lot of movement in my ball flight and that is very different for me to get use too. It's a very good thing.

I'll let Nate speak to this in more depth, but having hit his, not really. They are more forgiving but feel like an MB if that makes sense. They also interact with the turf quite differently (read better) than an MB.

Excuse my ignorance....but what's a "MB"?

The 745s are stunning, what I like is that there's no cavity for grass, mud, and other stuff to fall into, they just look fantastic!

Initially I was considering these in 7-PW with 545 for 4-6 or 5-6 but then after reading 545 thread changed to considering just doing 545 set. After watching the video I might be back to considering a combo set. Really can't wait to hit both 545 and 745

Initially I was considering these in 7-PW with 545 for 4-6 or 5-6 but then after reading 545 thread changed to considering just doing 545 set. After watching the video I might be back to considering a combo set. Really can't wait to hit both 545 and 745

I think WCBM was thinking of going the combo route originally - he might be someone to talk to about that. I am looking forward to seeing your thoughts after you get a chance to hit these. I have no doubts that you'll be impressed. I will say, as a relatively high handicapper, I was surprised by the swings I took with the 745 7 iron. It didn't seem hugely demanding to me.

I think WCBM was thinking of going the combo route originally - he might be someone to talk to about that. I am looking forward to seeing your thoughts after you get a chance to hit these. I have no doubts that you'll be impressed. I will say, as a relatively high handicapper, I was surprised by the swings I took with the 745 7 iron. It didn't seem hugely demanding to me.

I play the 588 CBs right now and I like them but after going from the i20s I hate giving up some of the yardage due to loft differences. I thought about doing combos with 588 and TT but I couldn't get used to the TT. The lines on both 545 and 745 look good. The v sole has me intrigued too. I'm trying to get some more info from contacts here. Looks I won't be able to swing any til Nov. based on what I have seen so far I think impressed will be about right.

I need to add these to my "favorite looking irons" post. Damn these things are pretty....

How does the V sole react to digging?

Not sure how it reacts to digging, I am guessing you are referring to steep angle of attack and taking deep divots?

its designed to tighten shot dispersion with higher bounce on leading edge and less bounce on the trailing edge. Hopefully others who have hit these can elaborate on digging.

Best forged irons I've used in regards to the digging esp. with the 7-PW irons. Really smooth though the contact zone. I am not a picker like Mr. Shiels is so this was one thing I was really interested in seeing with these irons.

Best forged irons I've used in regards to the digging esp. with the 7-PW irons. Really smooth though the contact zone. I am not a picker like Mr. Shiels is so this was one thing I was really interested in seeing with these irons.

Love to hear this I'm a digger and even if it helps some of the time that could save me a few strokes for sure

I think it's a very versatile sole. Playing the 545, but I'm very much a sweeper, and have no issues on my end at all either. Some of the folks who have taken swings take some pretty big divots and had nothing but good things to say about interaction.

Dude, I get super steep sometimes. Many guys on here can attest to that who have played with me. This sole reacts awesome to diggers/drivers. I feel like I can control the head through the ground if that makes sense.

Dude, I get super steep sometimes. Many guys on here can attest to that who have played with me. This sole reacts awesome to diggers/drivers. I feel like I can control the head through the ground if that makes sense.

Thanks for the info...been waiting for you to jump in on the digging talk.

Awesome, thanks for the insight. I really want to check these out.

Back