Sticking with brands??

My bag's not all one brand, but it is heavy on the PING. I like they way they feel, and my teacher is a big believer in their product (not to mention the Clubfitter Of The Year, 2 times over) so that got me started. I found that I like the Eidolon wedges far more than the PING offerings, and I still really love my Yes! putter.

Looks like I'm with most people here. My bag is a mixed one and I think it's kind of cool that way.

My bag has different brands. I like the TM Drivers, so I stay with TM. The wedges I use Cleveland.The irons, since the first time I hit Mizuno, I love the sweet butter impact feeling when u hit them. My Hybrid, I got a Callaway Diablo.

I try many brands until I found the ones I like.

I switched, because I score better.

I used to play all Nike, and I will agree their irons are inferior compared to others. Played two sets of the OG Blades, and two sets of Pro Combo's. Good sticks, but there are many better.

TaylorMade is good to me.

I don't play one specific companies offering on purpous, but last years set ended up almost totally TaylorMade. I tried everyones clubs I could get my hands on and they just worked better for me. If I come across something better I'll change, but they sure make some great stuff.

My bag is mixed but I find I cant really go wrong with anything Taylormade makes. They just seem to work for me.

I switched, because I score better.

I used to play all Nike, and I will agree their irons are inferior compared to others. Played two sets of the OG Blades, and two sets of Pro Combo's. Good sticks, but there are many better.

That is a personal opinion. Calling their equipment inferior is just not true. While it may not work for you, it works for millions of others.

I try everything regardless of brand and I would buy 'brand x' just as readily as a generic or Titleist or other name brand if any of them helped my game and the quality was equivalent. When I am looking for clubs or anything for that matter, cars, clothes, you name it, I will rule out nothing in advance but what I already know from experience won't work for me.

That is a personal opinion. Calling their equipment inferior is just not true. While it may not work for you, it works for millions of others.

Thanks. :clapp:

before my recent investment in new woods i had
Nike Driver
PIng G5 3 wood
Ben Sayers utility

all great clubs but given the different shafts i had varying levels of results when my swing improved so when i got my new driver, i matched my 3 and utility so that shafts and performance were similar.

im looking to replace my irons with something a little more forgiving and mizuno will be on my primary list of brands to try given the performance of my current mizuno clubs. but its all decided at the range when i hit them and whichever ones work best has final say.

before my recent investment in new woods i had
Nike Driver
PIng G5 3 wood
Ben Sayers utility

all great clubs but given the different shafts i had varying levels of results when my swing improved so when i got my new driver, i matched my 3 and utility so that shafts and performance were similar.

im looking to replace my irons with something a little more forgiving and mizuno will be on my primary list of brands to try given the performance of my current mizuno clubs. but its all decided at the range when i hit them and whichever ones work best has final say.

good point.....i guess that can be a drawback of using different equipment, i do struggle with consistently throughout my bag on occassion.....maybe i can blame that??? haha.....surely not :act-up:

I will play what works best for me. I will admit though that I have gotten addicted to forged irons and may be changing my wedges to forged.

Brand Loyal

Brand Loyal

Nawwwww not me :D I just play the clubs that work best for my game :eek:)

I have tried quite a few different brands over the years. I played Titliest woods and irons for years. Ping & Cleveland have been among my favorites. In the last decade I have always come back to my comfort zone, Cobra.....:D

It does not matter to me if all the clubs are from the same brand or not. I play what I am comfortable with. If I am cmfortable then I am more confident. It just has worked out that :cleveland: makes te clubs I am most comfortable with and they are making their way more and more into my bag.

for the sake of consistency i try to have one brand of "sets"
my irons should be all the same brand but they dont necessarily have to be the same brand as my woods or hybrids or wedges...
so my 'sets' of like clubs would be...
woods
hybrids
irons
wedges
those 4 categories dont necessarily have to be all the same brand as long as whats under those categories are the preferably the same...
my 3h & 4h are diff brands but i cant replace either or cuz they work so well and havent found one brand to replace both...
im currently trying to match wedges but im waiting a lil while longer so i can just replace 2 of them at the same time for the same brand...

my future set might be
woods - nike or cobra
hybrids - 3h & 4h nickent if i can find new ones on ebay
irons - callaways
wedges - cleveland

I used to want to have all the same - it definitely looks very cool on the course.

Unfortunately I didn't like the Mizuno driver at the time I bought my irons. Nowadays I just hit balls with new clubs and decide which one is going to, in my opinion, help me be more consistent around the course.

As you can see I have a mixed bag!!

I must admit that I am loyal to Cleveland. It did not start out for me that way though. My friends were brand loyal to Calloway and others and then it came time that I wanted to make a step up from the generic clubs that I had. I tried many others and I came to the conclusion that Cleveland was right for me. So now I must admit that Cleveland will be getting my first nod more often than not.

I used to be a TaylorMade Devotee until this past offseason.

Now I have decided to Go completelythe oppostite way and have a pretty wide ranging mix of lubs.

I think it really comes down to what is most comfortable and confidence inspiring for you!

Fildini

Nawwwww not me :D I just play the clubs that work best for my game :eek:)

I have tried quite a few different brands over the years. I played Titliest woods and irons for years. Ping & Cleveland have been among my favorites. In the last decade I have always come back to my comfort zone, Cobra.....:D

LMAO except for the driver :banghead: Boy do I contradict myself huh???
I got to admit this Calloway Diablo driver is pretty solid both with control, ball flight, sound, etc. I have not even tried the new Calloway edge driver but the orignial Diablo is for real!

Calloway, my friend here at THP, has me Leaning towards trying the X22 irons :D You never know, from a club Ho :D

Last edited:
My bag is a small mix

TM driver
Adams FWY and Hybrids
Miura Irons
TM wedges

I tend to use whatever works for me & that usually means a mix of brands.

Driver: TaylorMade
Irons: Callaway
Wedges: Cleveland
Putter: Ping

I use a mix of brands in my set but I tend to stick with a particular brand for each type of club.

DRIVER: I use :nike: drivers for a few reasons:
(1) They make pretty good drivers that fit my swing.
(2) I think they make cool looking clubs.
(3) If you buy the previous year's Nike driver, you can get it at a ridiculously low price. Almost every company lowers the price of a product when their new model comes out but Nike's products tend to have the quickest and steepest discounts. For example, the Nike SQ Dymo Str8-Fit came out around the same time as the TaylorMade R9 (January 2009) and both sold for $399 at release. Both clubs are solid products that got great reviews from a variety of reputable sources, including THP. A year later, the R9 goes for $299 while the Dymo Str8-Fit goes for $169. Driver technology tends move faster than any other type of club so it can get expensive trying to keep up. The steep discounting of Nike products makes it a LOT easier for me to stay current.

HYBRIDS/IRONS: For me, irons and hybrids are longer term investments than drivers so feel and confidence are the most important factors. I really like the look of :taylormade: irons and hybrids at address. I like that their hybrids/rescues have a more traditional fairway wood shape (at least compared to some of the more radical designs out there) and that their GI irons are large enough to inspire confidence but don't look bulky like Transformers attached to a stick. I also like the fact that TM clubs are generally longer than other clubs on the market. Strong lofted or not, who doesn't like distance?

WEDGES: I like :cleveland: because they're the easiest wedges for me to hit. I appreciate the fact that they make it easier for the average consumer to know what bounce they need by using a simple dot system on their wedges. I appreciate that they make unorthodox, but effective, products like the Niblick (best club ever!) that make the game a lot easier for the average hack to enjoy. Between the CG14, CG15, and the Niblick, they really do make a wedge for everyone.

PUTTERS: I like :odyssey: putters because they are reasonably priced, provide solid performance, and have a huge array of different designs to choose from. They really do have something for everybody. Since it is probably the most important club in my bag, I put an inordinate amount of research into choosing my putter. I literally tried every putter I could get my hands on and didn't give myself a spending cap. I was totally willing to shell out for a :scotty: if that really was the best putter out there for me. In the end, the White Ice #1 was, for me, the best putter out there at any price point.

I can make a bag up of sevaral options right now.

Driver- Cleveland, Callway or TM
3W-TM and Adams
Hybrid-Cleveland and Nickent
Irons-TM Burner '09
Wedges-Cleveland
Putters-TM, Never Compromise and Odyssey

Can you say club ho?

I do

I do

I a firm believer in sticking with clubs made by golf companies. I will not buy Nike or any of these other brands trying to get a piece of the pie. I am a big believer in Callaway Irons and Taylormade woods. Odyssey putters and Titliest wedges. If I had to be sponsored, which I never will be, I would pick Callaway

Back