SuperStroke: A Brand Story

Great read! Very excited to get my SS swing grips in play as well as to get a SuperStroke back on my putter.
Looking forward to your thoughts on them. The S-Tech grips have been pretty popular for the company and obviously Jordan Spieth has had some success as well :D

First SuperStroke i tried was on a Odyssey Works and i like it alot and now 3 of4 of my putters have SuperStroke. Have not tried them for the other clubs though i would like to.

Very cool read. Had no idea of the history. Very neat story and very cool they are doing so well. I have always been interested in their putter grips but never pulled the trigger. I need to remedy that.

LOVE THIS, I really like the 2.0 Pistol as my fav, i also have a Tiger Shark Green Speed sitting in the corner of the office. Rolled that so long the back of the grip is worn off

Pretty crazy to think what started out as an infomercial product is now this....and 225g grip :oops: no wonder they made the move to foam haha. Looking forward to 2023!

Reactions: JB
Pretty crazy to think what started out as an infomercial product is now this....and 225g grip :oops: no wonder they made the move to foam haha. Looking forward to 2023!
Yeah that 70% decrease in weight is massive.

What a great story, I’ve had a SS grip on all my putters for a number of years and have always loved them.

Best putter grips on the market. The variety that have developed is top notch too. Crazy it all started with a wood model!

Yeah that 70% decrease in weight is massive.
Do you think that decrease would have been able to happen if they weren't acquired?

Great story! Love these deep dives in to brands. I'll be putting a SS 2.0 on my Chicago in the next week or two!

Do you think that decrease would have been able to happen if they weren't acquired?
I don't know honestly. I would like to think over the years technology changes and people adapt. With that said, I am honestly not sure it happens quickly enough to make the brand take off like it did here.

I remember the old TigerShark, but didn't realize the history and connection between them and SuperStroke.

That and the first grip was wood !!! o_O

I don't know honestly. I would like to think over the years technology changes and people adapt. With that said, I am honestly not sure it happens quickly enough to make the brand take off like it did here.
Yeah that was more my question. The speed at which it happened probably allowed them to breakthrough in the market like they did. That's a really cool "origin story"! Especially because I audibly groaned when I read they started out as an infomercial brand :LOL:

• Haha
Yeah that was more my question. The speed at which it happened probably allowed them to breakthrough in the market like they did. That's a really cool "origin story"! Especially because I audibly groaned when I read they started out as an infomercial brand :LOL:

I'm glad it worked out the way it did, that they became popular and are in stores, because if I saw this on an informercial, like say on a putter that stood up by itself, I would be staying away :LOL:

I'm glad it worked out the way it did, that they became popular and are in stores, because if I saw this on an informercial, like say on a putter that stood up by itself, I would be staying away :LOL:
It is funny how much that changes things isnt it?

Nice read, thanks. They say that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", and it seems like every grip maker makes Super Stroke style putter grips now. (y)

Good backstory on a good product. I haven't used a super stroke. I just stick with what my clubs come with OEM and keep it no frills.

I have their round grips on my half set and they have been good.

Very excited the custom is coming back in June. I enjoyed that on my last putter grip.

Always enjoyable to hear how companies grow. Appreciate the insight.

Cool info. Love their putter grips. Maybe next regrip....Hmmm

I have their round grips on my half set and they have been good.

Very excited the custom is coming back in June. I enjoyed that on my last putter grip.

Always enjoyable to hear how companies grow. Appreciate the insight.
Which set are you rocking on the clubs?

Well now I’m just curious what they’re gonna do in 2023.

Also, shoutout to my nemesis No Taper Larry.

• Haha
Love this. Big fan of SuperStroke, and have used their customization options for a couple years or so now.

20220428_211544.jpg

Have turned a bunch of people onto it because it's extremely reasonable. Look forward to what they're coming out with in the future. (y)

Back