TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

I had a pretty solid weekend at Cowboys with this driver despite getting a little loose with it on Sunday morning.
It's remarkable how much distance you lose with a heel miss, but center/toe contact yields fantastic results time and time again.

I had a pretty solid weekend at Cowboys with this driver despite getting a little loose with it on Sunday morning.
It's remarkable how much distance you lose with a heel miss, but center/toe contact yields fantastic results time and time again.
It's baffling to me how many people produce a heel miss with this one, yet, their typical miss with a driver isnt off the heel.

It's baffling to me how many people produce a heel miss with this one, yet, their typical miss with a driver isnt off the heel.
Fuji pro is poo poo.

Stickin to my guns on that one.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but if my swing isn't on, this really launches low.

Could be a number of factors, but many drivers are lower spin right now. This is no exception. I find that most golfers are not only playing the wrong loft, but also hitting the ball too low.

You should check this out.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...gnup-Now-Project-X-The-HandCrafted-Experience

It's interesting, the 10.5* head I had ballooned the ball a bit.

The 9.5* head clicked up to 10.25* launches MUCH lower with quite a bit more side spin. This is what I'm gaming right now. Have 2 more weeks to decide if I want to switch back to the 10.5*.

That event looks awesome, but sadly, not something I'll be able to swing this year with so many other things on the books. Thanks though, JB.

I tried this driver out for my first 18 holes of the year and this was the case for me. My miss is a huge slice and I did have one of them, but it was playable. I hit the heel on this probably 4 times and it was painful. When I hit it well it was great. It was better then my Cobra Amp Cell, but to be expected. I am going to put this and the Ping G driver against each other the 18th at a fitting day.

Yeah can't say I am impressed with this driver...sitting in my garage now...couldnt' kick the 915D2 out of my bag.

This club is harder to hit and harder to launch high.

Maybe better suited for higher SS guys.

Switched back to the Fujikura Pro 50 regular flex shaft after I had some lessons with my pro. Played the Fujikura Evolution 661 TS in stiff before.
Yesterday I set up my new personal best with 271 yds. Today I beat the 300 with a perfect hit for 303 yds (little down slope), just 18 yds short to the pin :D
Damn I love this club. Light. Fast. Easy to hit. Great look...

I have found it to be forgiving and straight. As for the heel miss that gets mentioned a lot, it must be a low heel miss because when I hit it toward the heel it just feels terrible. Results are not bad for me.

Traded in my 9.5* head and went back to the 10.5 degree head. Want to get my launch up a bit and do so from the neutral setting. Will report back.

Took the M2 to POUND Town today on my home track. Shortened up some long holes and kept the ball in play all day.

Hello there! Ready to take it to pound town!
bb56568c6b5bee88ff53a7880cd6bec9.jpg
028cd0e784887efa9ad66dc50a31fdeb.jpg
da26572336c257ebe94606d946686b36.jpg

THP radio says which one will you choose

b7fc38ae0028285bf76ee48da5f73a61.jpg

Took the m2 out for maiden voyage today. I've got it playing 45.25" with hzrdus yellow 6.5 just like the subzero. The m2 is set one click higher loft on 9.5 head. Subzero is set to +1/n on 9.5 head.

I saw a higher flight from the m2 and most of the time more carry than subzero unless I hit it poorly. Going from the subzero to m2, the m2 head looks massive, but it looks like it invites you to hit the ball hard and far. Definitely more lateral forgiveness in the m2 as the design would suggest. Overall it took less effort to hit the m2 compared to subzero but when struck purely the subzero was longer. The sound of the m2 is a bit more metallic crack but not displeasing. It will he a long and fun battle

I'm going to reset the adaptor to one click lower from standard and regrip this club. While the flight isn't too high, I want a bit more open face angle

How was the M2 in regards to higher or lower on the face?

Pretty normal results up and down the face. High strikes launch higher with less spin, low opposite. Pretty forgiving up and down and toe

I had another fantastic driving round with M2 today. The amazing conditions up here and the dry ground paired with the mid-flight of M2/Hzrdus Black is literally putting me in uncharted spots off the tee on my home course. I am driving the ball better AND further than I ever have and I am shortening up so many holes in a big way. SO much so that I think I might play from the Palmer Black tees next time out at 6900 yards instead of my usual 6500.

I had another fantastic driving round with M2 today. The amazing conditions up here and the dry ground paired with the mid-flight of M2/Hzrdus Black is literally putting me in uncharted spots off the tee on my home course. I am driving the ball better AND further than I ever have and I am shortening up so many holes in a big way. SO much so that I think I might play from the Palmer Black tees next time out at 6900 yards instead of my usual 6500.
Black tees, damn! I'd like to be around to see that.

I can't see you switching drivers any time soon man. Pretty incredible.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Finally able to test M2 with different shafts. Loved the feel with the Tensei shaft while the Fuji pro 73 was a bit too much for me.

54f7243984ec5f231854f247ccee6015.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was lucky enough to win one of these in our league raffle last night. Have really been enjoying the XR16 and would be shocked if this was able to beat it, but since it was free, I'll test it out. If I don't like it can always sell it.

Read through this thread this morning and crazy how different the results have been for certain people. Not sure where I will fit in. I will say I almost never hit the heel, which sounds like its a good thing with this driver. I pretty much live high on the face and towards the toe.

Was lucky enough to win one of these in our league raffle last night. Have really been enjoying the XR16 and would be shocked if this was able to beat it, but since it was free, I'll test it out. If I don't like it can always sell it.

Read through this thread this morning and crazy how different the results have been for certain people. Not sure where I will fit in. I will say I almost never hit the heel, which sounds like its a good thing with this driver. I pretty much live high on the face and towards the toe.
If you don't miss heel side, its a fun head. Though after having bought and paid for both heads I can say now I really do think the xr16 is superior. Imo it all comes back to the face tech, its time for TM to evolve the inverted cone and grasp why almost everyone else have moved to a more ellipse type face zone/tech.

If you don't miss heel side, its a fun head. Though after having bought and paid for both heads I can say now I really do think the xr16 is superior. Imo it all comes back to the face tech, its time for TM to evolve the inverted cone and grasp why almost everyone else have moved to a more ellipse type face zone/tech.

I played it for 3 straight rounds and really enjoyed it. It's a fun driver, and it fits me better than the M1 did which I tried out a few times. I love the look of it, the sound and feel was awesome. However, like you, it wont be taking my XR16's spot in the bag. Ball flight was a bit lower for me with the M2 in the same loft, and found mishits to be a bit more penal overall, although not "bad". Never really hit the low heel as predicted so can't weigh in on that aspect. I can see why a lot of guys really enjoy it. Later on this summer I might throw a different shaft in it and play with it a little bit more. I found it funny that the first day I hit it, I hit it the best, and it got slightly worse each day. That's obviously me, not the club, but golf is just funny that way sometimes.

Back