TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

have now had 3 bad rounds in a row with my driver. Not blaming the M2, my swing has been off, but I'm starting to question if I developed a bad kink in my swing due to the lighter club head of the m2? Has that ever happened to anyone before?

Going to try and get to the range before my next round on Sunday, but if it doesn't get fixed in the next couple rounds, I might be tempted to go back to my r15.

This driver is so good its unfair. Point and shoot with a mid flight that bounces and rolls a long way. Boom!

This driver is so good- long, high and straight. I played 27 holes yesterday and used M2 on 20 holes, to try to get used to it. I hit 15 out of 20 fwys. I never come with that type of percentage. On top of that, I didn't feel I had my A swing, but had some good straight, high on the face misses. I didn't feel very consistent in terms of bringing the same Swing Speed on each drive. I avg'd 276 yds on the 15 drives I put on the short grass, with a long drive of 296 and a short one of 251. I did have one over 300, but it was way out in the rough. Most of the other misses were just off fwy.

I'm playing my M2 at 45" and D2 with 5 gr of hotmelt in the head. It feels and sounds tremendous. My usual miss is high towards the toe, which is a good miss on the M2. I have hit it off the heel a few times and really haven't noticed it being any worse than my GBB, like it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

This thing is awesome! It brought back my youth. I am loving this beast!
ce34021d3c1d78053838af4b4b84aec4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last 2 rounds with my M2 have been much better. Still working kinks out of my swing, and not quite back to where I was at when I first got it, but getting it dialed back in. Excited to get back out there on Saturday and keep getting at it.

My M2 will arrive tomorrow. Really excited to try the Oban white. According to the TM chart the white is slightly higher launching and lower spinning than the Rogue Sliver 110msi 70. That should be exactly what I need as the best fit was with the Rogue Silver

I hit the M2 tonight with my preferred shaft. Was really surprised by the difference in sound between the M1 430 and the M2. Definitely a lot more of that sharp manufactured driver sound, and a big departure from what I love about the M1 sound (and the M2 fairway sound for that matter).

I really didn't notice a ton of movement overall, but with the larger heads I seem to compensate a bit and tug them left as my miss, which I saw a couple times. Either way, with my preferred HZRDUS yellow slotted into the head, I saw a nice mid flight that went quite well despite being dead into the wind.

Very interesting. Not what I expected at all (and not bad either... I have a feeling that sound will align very well with a lot of golfers).

Different metal and moving parts will do that in a big way. It's a unique thing having two considered similar. Another area to see this is with cobra f6 and f6+

Different metal and moving parts will do that in a big way. It's a unique thing having two considered similar. Another area to see this is with cobra f6 and f6+

I actually really like that they are a different experience, and I think the M2 being geared to a larger percentage of the golfer population (at least I think so?) will benefit big time by having a bit of a livelier sound to it.

I actually really like that they are a different experience, and I think the M2 being geared to a larger percentage of the golfer population (at least I think so?) will benefit big time by having a bit of a livelier sound to it.

Performance wise many will see similar if you throw all weight back, but cost plays a role here too.

I agree with you completely.

Performance wise many will see similar if you throw all weight back, but cost plays a role here too.

I agree with you completely.

haha, something I've never even considered trying. All good points, absolutely. The owner of said M2 was hitting high bombs with it. Fun to watch.

TaylorMade M2 Driver Review Thread

I hit the M2 tonight with my preferred shaft. Was really surprised by the difference in sound between the M1 430 and the M2. Definitely a lot more of that sharp manufactured driver sound, and a big departure from what I love about the M1 sound (and the M2 fairway sound for that matter).

I really didn't notice a ton of movement overall, but with the larger heads I seem to compensate a bit and tug them left as my miss, which I saw a couple times. Either way, with my preferred HZRDUS yellow slotted into the head, I saw a nice mid flight that went quite well despite being dead into the wind.

Very interesting. Not what I expected at all (and not bad either... I have a feeling that sound will align very well with a lot of golfers).

This is very interesting. Yesterday was my first day with the M2 and compared to the M1 there was definitely a difference in feel and Sound. I guess they go hand in hand like in putters. What I did notice with the Kiyoshi White was an extremely penetrating mid flight. It was really nice to see. It's the exact flight I look for. Lateral misses weren't nearly as exaggerated as it was with the M1. Again alot of user error here paired with a really stout shaft caused me to over swing at times.

That was my main goal for going with the M2 was that dispersion was a bit tighter. As I groove in with the M2 and this shaft I'll plug back into an M1 head to get a feel for a true comparison with a preferred shaft like you did.

With that's said what was extremely similar was the high toe miss. I sometimes feel like that's the place to hit these 2 drivers. The ball sometimes goes just as far with minimal offline movement. If your miss with a driver on the Toe, I haven't hit a driver that does better in that department than the M1 or M2 for my swing

I love it, X! Great thoughts.

The apples to apples comparisons with same shaft are so cool. Getting to select the head that works better for you without worrying about t hat added variable is a nice confidence booster.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I hit my buddy's new M2 today before our golf league today. It's a 9.5 head with a stiff Rogue Black. I hit 5 tight little draws, about the same height as my M1, but it seemed to stay in the air longer and come down at a lesser steep angle. All 5 balls ended up within a 10ft radius of each other. So yeah, needless today, I pulled the trigger on the M2. Looking forward to comparing both heads with both shafts I have.

As others mentioned, quite the difference in sound and feel.

I love it, X! Great thoughts.

The apples to apples comparisons with same shaft are so cool. Getting to select the head that works better for you without worrying about t hat added variable is a nice confidence booster.
I did the same with the Kuro Kage Tini 60X in my M1. Agree completely on the toe miss. I had a toe shot today go 2 yards FARTHER than a drive on the same hole yesterday that I thought I absolutely snotted. Super impressive. The M2 didnt do as well in the wind for me though, and that was a big factor in me going to the M1.

Have to say that sweet spot on the M2 felt MASSIVE to me.

I've been itching to get an M2 driver since they came out. I'm just waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger on one.

I continue to love the M2. It performs for me, covers my flaws and most importantly has a 100% 1-way miss for me.

Took the M2 out on its maiden voyage today. 36 holes. Got to use driver on about 24 of those holes. The feeling is definitely different than the M1. The only thought that came into mind to describe the M1 sound over the M2 is that the M1 is more "muted". The Kiyoshi white is giving me everything I Wanted in That penetrating ball flight! It is really really nice!! I was still missing both left and right but I was peppering the center of the face all day and making excellent contact on as evident by the pic below. Total user error here but if I can work that out this thing is going to be an absolute beast!

c08df44d3e99ba6b30d17a389c3cb4f3.jpg

A little sidebar here but I read somewhere that the weight in the back can be changed out to either a lighter or heavier weight. I'm thinking of increasing SW some But I'm also thinking that if I go with the heavier weight that I will also raise the ball flight? Or will it not make much difference?

Bought one of these today with rogue silver 60. Will get it out on the course early next week. I forgot how easy this club is to hit.

Took the M2 out on its maiden voyage today. 36 holes. Got to use driver on about 24 of those holes. The feeling is definitely different than the M1. The only thought that came into mind to describe the M1 sound over the M2 is that the M1 is more "muted". The Kiyoshi white is giving me everything I Wanted in That penetrating ball flight! It is really really nice!! I was still missing both left and right but I was peppering the center of the face all day and making excellent contact on as evident by the pic below. Total user error here but if I can work that out this thing is going to be an absolute beast!

c08df44d3e99ba6b30d17a389c3cb4f3.jpg

A little sidebar here but I read somewhere that the weight in the back can be changed out to either a lighter or heavier weight. I'm thinking of increasing SW some But I'm also thinking that if I go with the heavier weight that I will also raise the ball flight? Or will it not make much difference?
The stock "weight" is about 1g so I don't think you can make it lighter .
I swapped it out for a 10g weight screw for my 44" driver length and it worked well. It lowers the pitch of the sound a little and increases ball height.

The stock "weight" is about 1g so I don't think you can make it lighter .
I swapped it out for a 10g weight screw for my 44" driver length and it worked well. It lowers the pitch of the sound a little and increases ball height.

Ok cool. 2 questions:

Where did you et the weight?

Was the increase in ball flight drastically noticeable?

Ok cool. 2 questions:

Where did you et the weight?

Was the increase in ball flight drastically noticeable?
I got the weight from fleabay. Just search for RBZ weight screws, they fit the M2. Make sure to heat up the stock weight to loosen the lock tire prior to removal or it could get ugly.

Increase in launch was noticeable but nothing huge.

I had a really solid front 9 off the tee today. Started teeing up a little higher to improve my launch angle. Averaged about 240 which is about 30 yards longer than I was hitting my last driver. Hit one 280 on number 7 which is a bomb for me. It's really fun when you find the center of the club face.

Back