TaylorMade PROJECT (a) Golf Ball Preview

I haven't noticed any issue with the wind either. I have been playing this ball since it came out and have had zero issues.

I haven't noticed any issue with the wind either. I have been playing this ball since it came out and have had zero issues.

And you were hitting it HIGH after proper swing lubrication!

Cant wait to finally get this SUnday and give this ball some testing.

Yep. I need to grab a dozen.

So far from the testers are these worth buying or should I wait for the next version of this ball?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Not a tester but I bought a dozen and have played 2 rounds with one sleeve, I gave the two best looking after the 2 rounds to 2 friends to give a try. I haven't seen them since then but I hope to see how they liked them soon. I found this to be a great ball and I would say that it even has more short game spin than the e5 or the B330-RX. I had no issues with wind nor noticeable distance loss. I would recommend these for a try, it may be the one for you.

Not a tester but I bought a dozen and have played 2 rounds with one sleeve, I gave the two best looking after the 2 rounds to 2 friends to give a try. I haven't seen them since then but I hope to see how they liked them soon. I found this to be a great ball and I would say that it even has more short game spin than the e5 or the B330-RX. I had no issues with wind nor noticeable distance loss. I would recommend these for a try, it may be the one for you.

I'm looking for more green side spin so these do sound good. I am curious to see if they balloon in the air from short or mid irons. I have I much higher ball flight with the tmag sb than my previous iron.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Won a sleeve from TM and gamed it this past weekend. The spin from short irons and wedges were much improved over many balls that I normally game. I need to do a side-by-side with the e5, but I definitely noticed a difference. Even with a 170 yard 7-iron, the ball stopped in it's place, which is huge for me. I need to get a dozen of these soon.

I've played from the 1 of 10,000 sleeve I received and I absolutely noticed the spin into the green increase. Even saved my bacon a couple times with a kinda thin shot in that didn't run over the green. Had a solo round where I hit the project:a and a Wilson Staff Duo and didn't see an obvious distance difference greater than my own inconsistency. Absolutely into the green I could see the difference. So had them through about 4 rounds, still have one ball left. Probably see myself asking for these about birthday time for sure.

I got my sleeve this weekend. I spent time at the short game area doing 50 yard Pelz shots and sand shots this afternoon. I played the whole sleeve head to head with three Nike 20XI balls. I saw no difference between the two balls in terms of spin. I'll try again with a regular round, maybe the results will be different with full approach shots. I'm not a big spinner of the ball anyway so my expectations are modest.

Gamed these yesterday. Liked them pretty well. Good spin and control. A bit spinny off the tee, but some of that was my swing; haven't played in three weeks. Got to it, and really liked them around the greens and off the putter. Played it against the Callaway Hex Black, which while the Project (a) is a pretty solid golf ball, I don't think it quite stands up to a tour ball in terms of reduced spin off the tee and control around the greens. Still, I think if your problems lie around the greens rather than off the tee or full iron shots, the Project (a) is a great value.

Taking my sleeve down to hilton head to try them out on friday

I cant wait to try these out. I have a feeling, these might be my gamers for a good bit this year.

I cant wait to try these out. I have a feeling, these might be my gamers for a good bit this year.

My eyes were opened to the lethals so anything expounding upon that is a bonus

I had pretty much the same thoughts (and outcome) as Icey. Lost two of the three that I had. I really liked the feel around the green. I was struggling off tee so I didn't get a feel of how good they were there. I want to pick up a box, but I have way to many boxes of balls right now so it is hard to justify another dozen right now.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

I've only had a chance to putt with these outside and love the feel off the putter. Not a "click" sound at all for me and that's what I like. My main thing with balls is how they found off the face. After that I'm if the mind they all perform the same. Lagged a few longer putts, 35ft+, and the rolled pretty well.

As a person who tends to spin the ball a lot, I'm interested I'm how these perform & durability. I just hope it does negatively effect me off the tee.

You're going to really like them Ryan, I really believe that.

My eyes were opened to the lethals so anything expounding upon that is a bonus
Lethals surprised me too. After loving the Penta and being underwhelmed by the TP3 and TP5, I just never looked toward the lethal for some reason.

Looking forward to these.

You're going to really like them Ryan, I really believe that.
From your experience with them, I feel that I am. We seem to have similar thoughts on balls we choose to play, and with what you saw out of these, it has me itching to try them.

Lethals surprised me too. After loving the Penta and being underwhelmed by the TP3 and TP5, I just never looked toward the lethal for some reason.

Looking forward to these.

I found a dozen Lethals in my garage just before the Adams event. I'm in the same boat being surprised how well I liked this ball. Makes me wonder why I ever got away from it, but at the price point now I might grab a few dozen and store them.

I found a dozen Lethals in my garage just before the Adams event. I'm in the same boat being surprised how well I liked this ball. Makes me wonder why I ever got away from it, but at the price point now I might grab a few dozen and store them.

I haven't had a chance to put these up side by side to the Lethals, but playing Project (A) at Cowboys on the 28th and Lethals on the 29th, I would say the Project (A)s felt about the same off the tee, and they spun a lot more into the green. Personally, I think the Project (A) was too much spin for me, but will give it another try and report back. With the price drop on Lethal's, I'm not sure yet if I'd buy Lethals or Project (A)s.

Still waiting for the snow to break to get out and play these. They definitely will be traveling along to HH for a Fri or Sun round.

I will be playing the lethal till I can't get them anymore. Then I will probably go with the project a. Very similar ball to me but I find the lethal has a bit more distance with the driver.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I put one of these into play on Saturday morning and came away pretty impressed. I do wish it was yellow but that's my only complaint.

I found this very similar to both the Q-Star & Duo in how they react with shots into the green. They basically just land and stop - not seeing the crazy backspin that I saw with the B330-RX.

Definitely a ball I could spend more time with - would like to try when everything's not quite so firm to see how they react but so far it appears to be a solid ball on a budget.

I put one of these into play on Saturday morning and came away pretty impressed. I do wish it was yellow but that's my only complaint.

I found this very similar to both the Q-Star & Duo in how they react with shots into the green. They basically just land and stop - not seeing the crazy backspin that I saw with the B330-RX.

Definitely a ball I could spend more time with - would like to try when everything's not quite so firm to see how they react but so far it appears to be a solid ball on a budget.

How was it off the tee? Seeing any negative side spin that affected driver distance?

Back