TaylorMade PSi Irons Preview

Well, at least they look satin.

I hope to get to hit them at some point, but theyre a very meh feeling release to me.

I'm ready to give them some swings.

Honestly, I really like the look of these. And given how much I've liked the predecessors, I could see these going in the bag.

I've enjoyed a few of TM's iron releases recently, and I'd certainly give these a swing or two. I don't put much stock in the name of clubs, but I totally can see the hate and jokes with them and their "PSi"

I like them. The more I see them the more they interest me.

I'm getting new irons next season. These definitely have me intrigued. They'll get some swings for sure when I'm looking at irons.

I'm a fan of performance, and I can only judge that performance by hitting the clubs. I don't care about names, top lines, colors or tech, only performance. If I try these and I can hit the ball,where I want easier than I can with my current set, I'm in.

im not a fan boy or hater of any brand so I am looking forward to trying these along with all the other new sets this year.

I also am not smart enough to bash a billion dollar company for what they "should" be doing in their R&D, advertising and whatever else! Just make me an awesome club and I'll buy it!

Funny how a few hours turns all the negativity into something of interest.

Personally I hate the slot technology and anything dedicated to a "players" profile shouldn't include them. I do like the looks but I'm tired of the slot technology and until that is gone I really have no interest to run it and try them.

I actually really don't mind the look of them and wouldn't mind giving them some swings.

Love the rsi2's. These don't wow me solely based on looks, but who knows. Performance is what matters in the end

Once again we see the copper burner type color in the "P", which also is the color of the "UN" in unexpected in the new commercial and the trim on the bags this past week... but the M1 driver keeps red? Weird, curious, huh?

Thanks for the updated photos JB.

I think they look pretty good....and I bet they perform even better than they look.

With that said, name/marketing goes a LONG ways towards success at retail and I still think that is where TM is failing tremendously.

Got to take some swings with the 7 iron and I must say they felt very very nice.

I got to hit these a couple weekends ago at a demo day, and have been meaning to post in here with my thoughts but work kept on getting in the way.

This is an interesting set of irons - the short irons looked a little bit smaller than the RSi2 irons did - unfortunately they didn't have a set there for side to side comparison. It feels like the set is a bit more progressive than the 2's were. I really liked the SLDR, and was a fan of the RSi2, so I guess it doesn't surprise me that I really liked these. Sound was definitely a bit different out of these than the RSi - a bit more muted to me. The stock C Taper 105 shafts felt nice as well. I like the look of the iron in the bag as well - the badging on the back looks good to me.

A set I'd definitely consider if I was in the market for irons.

Got to take some swings with these again tonight with a C-Taper 105 stiff shaft and I am in love. These are silky smooth.

These felt basically identical to the RSI2's.

Play the RSi2's now. Don't see enough there to make me go give them a try.

doesn't seem to be a whole lot of buzz about these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the chance to hit them a few times and love how they feel. I am pretty sure these will be in the bag soon.

Visually and performance wise, I didn't see a discernable difference between the PSi and RSi-2. I'm sure there are differences in tech but can't say it's worth the price jump over 1 year old RSis if that's what you're into.

Very..."blah" to me. Play almost identical to the RSi2's that I saw, but they look worse than the RSi2's IMO. Considering what people have seen so far, the M1 line is a HUGE step in the right direction woods wise...these are a side step at best.

Hit these today in the stock setting against several new iron offerings. These launched higher consistently than anything else but I found them to spin more as well which resulted in them being middle of the pack distance wise. Great looks and continue to improve the sound with all the slots going on, still felt like slotted irons, but I didn't find them to be any longer than the likes of the iE1, XR Pro, or RSi2.

Back