TaylorMade Staff Putters - The Morgan Cup

Two rounds now with the TM-770 and I`ve never putted better. I use a drawn on alignmenet line on my ball and I`ve never rolled the ball as true as I am right now, you can just see the line running straight down my line everytime. Problem I have learned though is now that I`m hitting every putt on the line I see, I`ve learned that I`m no where near as good at reading greens as I thought I was. I`m now finding that I`m over reading the break on all right to left putts and underreading the break on all right to left putts. I`m going to be working hard on this today.

I'm happy for all you guys. Great videos!

I don't know why I never put this putter in my bag. I'll tell you, I'm glad it's there now.

I don't know why I never put this putter in my bag. I'll tell you, I'm glad it's there now.

I've always used an alignment line on my balls, the line-m-up.. Like a cross. But I tell ya with the 3 alignment lines on the putter I find I'm lining up putts great without it. Just the stock lines on the ball is setting me up perfect. The setup of these TM putters is almost perfect.

Arrived to the sisters condo to a pleasant surprise yesterday - managed a new video this am, even on vacation! It's nice having a camerawoman :)

I've always used an alignment line on my balls, the line-m-up.. Like a cross. But I tell ya with the 3 alignment lines on the putter I find I'm lining up putts great without it. Just the stock lines on the ball is setting me up perfect. The setup of these TM putters is almost perfect.
When I am playing tournaments, I do something similar. I love the 3 alignment lines. Do you find yourself using the donut hole at all? How is the ball scoop on the Maranello?

I use a alignment line myself, and while I love the alignment of the TM-770 I still use it, and find with the single alignment line and the single line on the ball, I put the ball down my target line ever time. Just put the line on the line.

I use a alignment line myself, and while I love the alignment of the TM-770 I still use it, and find with the single alignment line and the single line on the ball, I put the ball down my target line ever time. Just put the line on the line.

CB, these are my thoughts as well and what I find most comfortable when I putt.

I had the TM-180 lipping and burning edges this weekend. I just couldn't get the ball to go in the hole and I never really felt confident over any putts. I am sure this is because I didn't practice any last week (worked until after dark each day), but I should be able to get back in the groove later this week. I love the weighting of the TM-180 though. I got it a little heavier and it seems to flow nicely through my stroke.

Short post - on vacation in South Florida and the weather is AMAZING! made this video this am, didnt plan it - but the timing presented itself!

enjoy!

if the link doesnt work - try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PGWChjJcvg

Great video CG, and thats a nice putting stroke. I do think we need to have a biggsy, spanks, and CG13 calve off at the outing cause you boys are smuggling possums in there.

Great video CG, and thats a nice putting stroke. I do think we need to have a biggsy, spanks, and CG13 calve off at the outing cause you boys are smuggling possums in there.

Nice vid CG. That looks like a pretty cool condo area. CB, that made me lol and wake my wife up.

LOL! thats what 9 years of soccer will do to your legs.

Short post - on vacation in South Florida and the weather is AMAZING! made this video this am, didnt plan it - but the timing presented itself!

enjoy!

if the link doesnt work - try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PGWChjJcvg
Rockin' the Bermudas! Good putting stroke man. I'm envious, wish my vacation was already started. Have a great time, see you in a few days.

CB, quit man-crushing the calves bro :D

Great video, cg! How much time did you spend on the putting green while you were there?

I have been working on my putting stroke recently and it has really started to pay off. I used to have a tendency to make the ball hop a little, which resulted in a lot of short putts, but now it is coming off of the face great. I am keeping the putter lower to the ground with a little more forward press and am seeing a nice roll. My playing partners have even been complimenting me on how well I am putting now. I love the TM-180 and the pure roll insert. The feel is amazing and I am getting a lot more confident with those tough shorter putts to save par.

Played 9 holes this evening....11 putts. I love my TM-180. Now, if I could only get the rest of the game to come back to life.

Played 9 holes this evening....11 putts. I love my TM-180. Now, if I could only get the rest of the game to come back to life.

Wow, 11 putts. What did you shoot? 29? 30? Hehehe. I assume you hit 7 or 8 greens. Just joshing you man.

I've been working with my Ghost, too. It has really cut down the three putts because it's been snuggling the old pill right up there on longer putts. As always I struggle on some up and downs because I miss 3 to 5 footers. I've changed my grip to more an Utley grip, and am holding the putter much more lightly and letting the pure roll insert do its thing. It seems to be working. I rolled several of those in today with no problem.

Kevin

Got some putting stroke and set up advice today. Really rolled the ball well. Can't wait for tomorrow's men club to putt the Ghost back into play. I thought the insert was rolling it well before, with this stroke it should be phenomenal.

Kevin

Wow, 11 putts. What did you shoot? 29? 30? Hehehe. I assume you hit 7 or 8 greens. Just joshing you man.

Haha, unfortunately most of those putts were to save bogey. I am slowly getting my game back to where it was about a month ago.

Got some putting stroke and set up advice today. Really rolled the ball well. Can't wait for tomorrow's men club to putt the Ghost back into play. I thought the insert was rolling it well before, with this stroke it should be phenomenal.

Kevin

Doesn't putting well feel great? Good luck tomorrow in your tournament.

An update after the trip to Florida and some more rounds of golf here, I've never putted better in my entire golfing life than I am right now. I find the TM-770 just so easy to align and the face of the putter just seems to want to stay square to line all by itself. The pure roll insert is as good as TM says it is, there is no noticeble hopping or skidding, the ball just seems to come off the putter face rolling straight down your target line, and I find I have to putt a shorter stroke on the ball now than before because the ball is just rolling a lot further. This is really helping me with my lag putting, plus I'm now almost automatic within 6 feet, so there is less pressure getting the lag putt really close, because I know I can make the putt as long as I'm within 6 feet. Also because of this I'm giving my birdie putts more of a chance to go in because I don't mind giving myself a little comebacker past the hole.

I mentioned this in the MC thread, but adwillingham was rolling this thing so well. I saw him sink 2 thirty foot putts on tough to read Bermuda greens. His line was one every time. He is going to be deadly with this thing.

The Corza Ghost and I reached an agreement today. I go back to my original set up prior to the playing lesson I had with my daughter's coach, but try and incorporate a little of what he told me, i.e. keep the back of my front hand going at the target, work a little harder at reading greens, and it will roll the ball into the hole for a few birdies. Made three in a row today, and just, and I mean just, missed three others. Did not three putt once. Also made a couple four footers to get up and down. I think I had 30 or 31 putts, though I didn't keep track closely during my match.

Kevin

Nice update Kevin. Three birds in a row is great! Pure Roll inserts are amazing.

Each and every time I take my Ghost out of the bag, the more it feels at home. The one area that has taken the longest is the lag putting. I sunk two putts around 20' for birdie. I hadn't made one that long before then. I know it't getting closer. I feel more comfortable than ever on a longer lag putt. Short putts are becoming automatic. I'm still trying to gain some consistency with the 8-10 footers.

I'm a huge fan on this pure roll insert. I haven't felt anything like it and it's just pure magic.

Until next time.

Back