TaylorMade Staff Putters - The Morgan Cup

Each and every time I take my Ghost out of the bag, the more it feels at home. The one area that has taken the longest is the lag putting. I sunk two putts around 20' for birdie. I hadn't made one that long before then. I know it't getting closer. I feel more comfortable than ever on a longer lag putt. Short putts are becoming automatic. I'm still trying to gain some consistency with the 8-10 footers.

I'm a huge fan on this pure roll insert. I haven't felt anything like it and it's just pure magic.

Until next time.

Good stuff Biggsy. Happy to hear that the putter is working well for you. I agree 100% about the pure roll insert.

Each and every time I take my Ghost out of the bag, the more it feels at home. The one area that has taken the longest is the lag putting. I sunk two putts around 20' for birdie. I hadn't made one that long before then. I know it't getting closer. I feel more comfortable than ever on a longer lag putt. Short putts are becoming automatic. I'm still trying to gain some consistency with the 8-10 footers.

I'm a huge fan on this pure roll insert. I haven't felt anything like it and it's just pure magic.

Until next time.

Same here Biggsy, i LOVE the pure roll insert, me and my 880 Maranello Ghost have been getting along great lol

Caught up some on this thread and it looks like everyone is rolling their putters really well. The Pure Roll sounds like its got a bit of magic.

Biggsy and Esox glad to hear those birdies are dropping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, all those putters are sweet! Gotta Love that Taylormade gave all of you guys the real "tour" treatment all the way to the custom stamping!

Good stuff Biggsy. Happy to hear that the putter is working well for you. I agree 100% about the pure roll insert.

There really is something to it. I thought the insert from last year was good, but there's just no comparison and a vast improvement from the Pure Roll. Really glad I added the extra weight to the Corza.

There really is something to it. I thought the insert from last year was good, but there's just no comparison and a vast improvement from the Pure Roll. Really glad I added the extra weight to the Corza.

I had mine made a little heavier too and I love it. The head flows nicely through my putting stroke. I am scuffing the ground every once in a while, but that's just me trying to take a little peak too early.

I had mine made a little heavier too and I love it. The head flows nicely through my putting stroke. I am scuffing the ground every once in a while, but that's just me trying to take a little peak too early.

It's funny, I've done that a few times myself, more so on lag putts and it's for the same reason, just peeking too soon.

I like that it gets the ball into a quick roll and eliminates a lot of the skid I am used to.

It's perfectly balanced.

I figured out a way to scoop a ball with the donut hole...in the rough with some grass under the ball. I tried on the green a couple of times. All I did was launch the ball as if I was playing lacrosse.

It's funny, I've done that a few times myself, more so on lag putts and it's for the same reason, just peeking too soon.

I like that it gets the ball into a quick roll and eliminates a lot of the skid I am used to.

It's perfectly balanced.

I figured out a way to scoop a ball with the donut hole...in the rough with some grass under the ball. I tried on the green a couple of times. All I did was launch the ball as if I was playing lacrosse.

Haha. Fore!

Until next time.

Glad to hear that you're having good results with the Ghost biggsy!

I had the 2010 Ghost in my bag until I got the new version for the MC, and it's weird, my lag putting has gotten all screwed up because the ball comes off the face so much better with the Pure Roll insert as compared to last year's insert. So I look down, see the same head shape as I had last year, and have been taking the same swings and the ball will go 6-8 feet past the hole. So while that's been frustrating since I got the new putter, it's something that I can adjust to in the next 2 months, and I know that in the end, it's more me causing that to happen as opposed to the putter. The positive thing is that putts inside of 6 feet are so easy, I can just pick my line and put a good stroke on it and it will go in because the ball rolls so true off of the putter face.

Glad to hear that you're having good results with the Ghost biggsy!

I had the 2010 Ghost in my bag until I got the new version for the MC, and it's weird, my lag putting has gotten all screwed up because the ball comes off the face so much better with the Pure Roll insert as compared to last year's insert. So I look down, see the same head shape as I had last year, and have been taking the same swings and the ball will go 6-8 feet past the hole. So while that's been frustrating since I got the new putter, it's something that I can adjust to in the next 2 months, and I know that in the end, it's more me causing that to happen as opposed to the putter. The positive thing is that putts inside of 6 feet are so easy, I can just pick my line and put a good stroke on it and it will go in because the ball rolls so true off of the putter face.
I'm finding the same results as you. It's getting closer. They addressed the lag putting feel issue with the new insert, it's just taken more an adjustment. The 6 footers will be huge come August!

Pretty funny TMPL fit me into the gave balanced corza or TM 770. I was missing putts today left and right of the hole.

Made good rolls- left em 12" past... But I suck at reading greens. And if they are slow- forget it. I have no feel for a 30' lag putt on a slow green.

I know what I need to work on- I hot straight putts all day long- my sole birdie today was off the fringe- #3 handicap hole par 5; I hit it firm dead center and it dropped.

I rolled atleast 5 putts for par past the cup by less than an inch left.. Frustrating to keep missing those when o putt s good roll on em.

what are your thoughts on the Pure Roll Inser, compared to the +agsi inserts? I'm thinking of picking up one of the TM-880s as a congratulatory gift to myself for a good yearly review/raise.

what are your thoughts on the Pure Roll Inser, compared to the +agsi inserts? I'm thinking of picking up one of the TM-880s as a congratulatory gift to myself for a good yearly review/raise.

To me, no comparison. The Pure Roll outshines every TM insert in the past and any others I've hit from other manufacturers. Give it a test run first, you may be one of the few who doesn't like it. Huge fan of this offering from TM.

It not that I don't like the PR inserts, just really wanted to know peoples thoughts on them. Tried a putter with PR and it rolled really nice!

Last edited:
Three hour practice session today including an hour on the putting green. Lots of four, five, and six footers. Over and over from that distance. I'm finding set up is the key with the Ghost. Line it up right and it rolls them so pure. Alignment has been a weak point for me for years. I'm finding if I get my eyes a little behind the putter head, and look down through the opening and along the three lines, I'm making more putts. Strange how using the alignment lines works so well. I'm a little slow, but eventually I catch on. I'm also kind of letting the weight of the mallet swing itself if that makes any sense.

I have to say, this putter feels much better to me than the Two Ball I played for years, and I never felt the love for the Scotty Squareback I'm starting to feel for the Ghost. Still have work to do, though. I'm no TC or AHA.

Kevin

Solid practice session Esox. I just love the 3 alignment lines on mine as well. Alignment had always been as issue with me, but I am starting to roll the ball where I think I am aiming now, which really is helping. Keep it up man, just not at Reunion:act-up:

Another round in the books and again I broke 30 putts with the Corza Ghost. The weight on this putter is just heaven. That extra weight has made this putter perfect for me and I can't thank Taylormade enough. I'm confident from every part of the green and the lag putting is becoming second nature. I'm over any of the alignment and honeymoon issues I was having early on. It just took some practice and relearning a new putter. I don't see how I could be putting any better and there are still 2 months of work to go. I am getting more and more birdies and any fears I had standing over the flat stick are all but gone now.

Just took the time to read this entire thread...I am drooling, some amazing sticks. TM is outstanding!

Just an update. I am consistently around 30 putts around and I've had one 3 putt in my last 5 rounds. Still just loving the confidence the putter gives me.

The white grip gets dirty a lot easier than some other grips I've had in the past. I've just tried soap and warm water and that hasn't cleaned it. JB suggested magic eraser, so I am going to pick up that and give it a try.

The bottom of the putter is still flawless and no marks whatsoever so that is holding up nicely. I do have a small nick at the bottom of the face on the paint. Not sure how it got there, but I can't even photograph it. Just one of those things from a putt off the green I suppose. Not worried about.

I'm noticing that the Pure Roll insert is getting a groove or wear pattern on the center of the face (thank god), from repeated hits. I snapped a picture of it. Just shows how soft this insert is. Not sure what it does with performance, but I haven't noticed anything negative with it and I think it looks cool. Anyone else notice this with their Pure Roll inserts?

4c650e3a-7871-fe35.jpg

Just an update. I am consistently around 30 putts around and I've had one 3 putt in my last 5 rounds. Still just loving the confidence the putter gives me.

The white grip gets dirty a lot easier than some other grips I've had in the past. I've just tried soap and warm water and that hasn't cleaned it. JB suggested magic eraser, so I am going to pick up that and give it a try.

The bottom of the putter is still flawless and no marks whatsoever so that is holding up nicely. I do have a small nick at the bottom of the face on the paint. Not sure how it got there, but I can't even photograph it. Just one of those things from a putt off the green I suppose. Not worried about.

I'm noticing that the Pure Roll insert is getting a groove or wear pattern on the center of the face (thank god), from repeated hits. I snapped a picture of it. Just shows how soft this insert is. Not sure what it does with performance, but I haven't noticed anything negative with it and I think it looks cool. Anyone else notice this with their Pure Roll inserts?

4c650e3a-7871-fe35.jpg

Is that normal? How long have you had this putter Biggsy?

4c650e3a-7871-fe35.jpg

Well Biggsy that is cool and all the marks on the center of the face are a great sign!

4c650e3a-7871-fe35.jpg

Odd to have the wearing on that insert. On the bright side, from the looks of where it's wearing you seem to be spot on with the alignment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of curiousity, do you mark your ball with an alignment sharpie line that could be leaving that mark instead of it being actual wear? I've left marks from that on iron faces before. Seems odd that it is such a perfectly vertical line.

Is that normal? How long have you had this putter Biggsy?
I'm guessing it is. I've had it since May 2. I've used it a lot :D

I don't recall seeing this anywhere else by any of the other staffers or any others that own putters with this insert. I've never seen it before in an insert for that matter.

Reminds me of looking at my uncle's clubs and every club has a quarter sized wear pattern right in the middle of the face...jerk!

Man, you're having some great rounds with that putter. Great job captain!

I'm guessing it is. I've had it since May 2. I've used it a lot :D

I don't recall seeing this anywhere else by any of the other staffers or any others that own putters with this insert. I've never seen it before in an insert for that matter.

Reminds me of looking at my uncle's clubs and every club has a quarter sized wear pattern right in the middle of the face...jerk!

Back