TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC Review Thread

Any news with yours, Jules?

Any news with yours, Jules?

I was trying to wait to call them at lunch, but after seeing yours are in...I'm calling now. They were supposed to be delivered yesterday, so I hope they are there already waiting on me.

Fingers crossed, eh!

Just been to pick mine up (I couldn't wait!), and first impression... they're gorgeous. And I think the Crossline grip looks great (TaylorMade have even replaced the Lampkin logo with their own).

Have to say I was a smidge disappointed that there was no letter or poker chip, after reading that some of you guys got them and the free Penta balls offer.

Anyway, I'll be at the range tonight and will report back later. :)

Fingers crossed, eh!

Just been to pick mine up (I couldn't wait!), and first impression... they're gorgeous. And I think the Crossline grip looks great (TaylorMade have even replaced the Lampkin logo with their own).

Have to say I was a smidge disappointed that there was no letter or poker chip, after reading that some of you guys got them and the free Penta balls offer.

Dont worry! It has been since April and no Pentas yet. I have called 3 times and they just keep telling me they are back ordered! I'll probably get my Pentas when you do :D

Fingers crossed, eh!

I had a feeling you probably couldn't wait...Well I called, but no delivery yet. The rep that ordered them for me said they were out for delivery yesterday, but still didn't get delivered. He followed up by saying they will be delivered today, but I am starting to doubt that. It would be nice to get them today, so I can hit the range.

I was hoping mine would come with the poker chip, but it seems it might be highly unlikely, according to your post. I was torn between the Multi-Compound Decade and the Tour Wrap 2g, decided to try out the multi-compound. If it doesn't work out then i'll get the Tour Wrap or even check out the Lampkin grips

I had a feeling you probably couldn't wait...Well I called, but no delivery yet. The rep that ordered them for me said they were out for delivery yesterday, but still didn't get delivered. He followed up by saying they will be delivered today, but I am starting to doubt that. It would be nice to get them today, so I can hit the range.

I was hoping mine would come with the poker chip, but it seems it might be highly unlikely, according to your post. I was torn between the Multi-Compound Decade and the Tour Wrap 2g, decided to try out the multi-compound. If it doesn't work out then i'll get the Tour Wrap or even check out the Lampkin grips

I have the white Lamkin Performance Plus and they are my favorite grips ever, followed closely by the Golf Pride VDRs

The penta giveaway is for US customers only. Ticked me off a bit, the irons made up for it. I just got mine regriped with ndmc mid red. Now I am happy. Smaller grips set off something in my brain and they don't work. I am excited to play a few rounds now! These are very nice clubs!

Dont worry! It has been since April and no Pentas yet. I have called 3 times and they just keep telling me they are back ordered! I'll probably get my Pentas when you do :D

I was told they put these in random boxes. No one is guaranteed anything free from TaylorMade. I have ordered two sets of clubs MB's and MC's and neither had free golf balls or the poker chip.

I was told they put these in random boxes. No one is guaranteed anything free from TaylorMade. I have ordered two sets of clubs MB's and MC's and neither had free golf balls or the poker chip.

What I meant was I got a poker chip and submitted the information, but nothing has ever arrived.

What I meant was I got a poker chip and submitted the information, but nothing has ever arrived.

Ahh sorry about that. Anyone have an extra TaylorMade Poker chip? :)

I finally got the call that my clubs arrived, picked them up...10 minutes from home...wife calls and says she wants to go out to dinner, since one of our daughers said they'll watch their baby sister. Damn...guess I'll have to wait a little longer to open them.

Ahh, sorry to hear that Jules - tomorrow is just round the corner!

Got mine to the range tonight and I have to say I was as impressed as I thought I would be.

The first thing that I noticed was the size at address - certainly quite a bit smaller than my Tour Burners. This actually gave me more confidence, as it makes the ball appear bigger! :D

The second thing was the noise - almost like a gentle click - but definitely a satisfying sound. And the third was just how amazingly straight I was hitting them - time and time again, one after the other, straight at the pins. Awesome. I'm guessing this is probably more to do with the X-stiff shafts, but either way, I'm lovin' it!

Didn't noticeably lose any distance either, which was a surprise - 6i averaging at about 165 yards.

Also, the new wedges were fantastic, really offering a good mix of feel and strength.

Tomorrow, weather depending, I'll take them out on the course - can't wait!

Ha ha just seen your message - you must have posted as I was writing mine. Well at least you have them now - you can sleep with a smile tonight! :D

Ha ha just seen your message - you must have posted as I was writing mine. Well at least you have them now - you can sleep with a smile tonight! :D

Well, I finally made it hope and got to open them up. Things of beauty I tell you. Well, I kind of already know what I'm getting, just because I hit the 6i during my fitting and a demo day. What I am really anxious to find out is more about the lie angle. I am hoping to get to the range sometime this weekend, and even possibly get out on the course. However, it'll more than likely NOT happen, moving this weekend...grrrr :banghead:. Nothing like anticipating getting something new and have to wait some more to actually use them. I did swing the 4i on the carpet, it sounded as if everything(toe and heel) was touching down; probably all in my head. Truth will be told when I get out on the driving range/course.

Just got my new sticks in the mail! KBS Stiff, multi-compound black/red grips, 2* flat. Can't wait to hit them. Slightly heavier than my previous set, but they feel so balanced. Gotta figure out a way to get to that driving range tonight. Hopefully there is enough time after the kids are put to bed. ;)

UPDATE: Got to the range tonight. Mixed results with the clubs. They felt really good in the hand but I think I was too excited to hit them. All I wanted to do was swing really hard and that's not my style. Hit some nice shots but some bad ones too. Overall, I like the clubs. The ball flight was a little more penetrating. And the balance of the club. I can't get over how good they feel. I'm sure I will settle down soon and will end up loving these clubs.

Last edited:
The good news - I got to play a round with them on Saturday morning and the weather was lovely. Much like SDH, I had a mixed round - when I caught them right they felt amazing, but I def had a few more poor shots than normal, and I was happy that they remained straight but just lost a little length, which resulted in missing GIRs. I honestly believe, though, that once I get a few rounds and range sessions under my belt these clubs are really going to help my game.

The bad news - I was custom fitted and went for DG X100 shafts, 2* up, 1/2" longer, 2 layers of tape. At first appearance all looked to be as requested, and I have to say the clubs felt great in my hand. As I was playing on Saturday I remembered (in all the excitement of new clubs it hadn't really crossed my mind) that that they were 1/2" longer and it really didn't feel any difference at all. Anyway, when I got home I decide to compare them to my old clubs and found out that they were exactly the same. I wondered if my old clubs were in fact also 1/2" longer (not that I remember them being so, but I was clutching at straws!) and also tried measuring them, but it wasn't at all clear where exactly I was meant to be measuring them from and to. The long and the short of it is that I took them back to the store and compared them to a standard set and they were the same :( They called TM and obviously they had to go back. Fortunately not to the US, but still gonna be a week or so. I miss them already!

Oh, and they did say they would send me some free Pentas 'to make up for the inconvenience' ...guess I should be thankful :/

Hit this approach from 200 (range finder) with my 5 iron. Man that felt good!

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

Has anybody seen the Combo set of these irons? I think they compare to the Nike combos a lot.

Has anybody seen the Combo set of these irons? I think they compare to the Nike combos a lot.

I have comboed my own set with MCs and CBs. Is this what you are refering too?

I have mc/mb combo and they are different than the Nike in looks. I think the TM feel a tad better. The stock grips suck though! That's the only real fault I have, with any club really.

The MC helped me out today. I had a nice 5i to with 7th of the green from about 190 out. I was a bit tentative but loved the feel. Ball flight is a treat with the KBS. I think I have these dialed in now. At first I could not hit a solid shot with my MC's. Now I get some good CoNsistent distance with a nice ball flight. I am playing early in the am. Hope to get these out more. My drives have been sesationally long for me!

ive got a combo MC/MB set as well and am really enjoying them.....took a good month to get use to but im back to my normal game now. I absolutely love the way these feel and sound when you hit them clean! Just awesome!

I have a question about the MBs. I guess I am weird, but I don't see the benefits of playing an MB PW or 9 iron over the MC. Any thoughts?

Back