TaylorMade Truss Putters

I don't know how I issed this yesterday. Great write up @Molten

You had me at "Unquestionably, TaylorMade is thinking outside the box with the Truss line, although they appear to be thinking inside the triangle." ???

With all that weight isolated into the heel side of the putter, would it be negligible vs a putter where that weight was better distributed on the heel and toe side?
I'm not 100% sure. Putters are all weighed differently so that they feel good and match up to a certain putter stroke. I can see how off center strikes on an iron or wood going at a high rate of speed could cause the face to deflect open or closed but have you ever had a putter feel like it turns in your hand at impact? I intentionally hit a bunch of putts way off the toe last night with my exo 7 and they didn't feel great but the ball went straight but lost distance and was short. My question is whether this is fixing an actual problem or if it's a tech story to sell a product. If we moved the mass to the toe to balance it more evenly and added the truss but it resulted in a putter that felt awkward to the golfer have we actually accomplished anything? I would wait to see if we have any structural engineers or mechanical engineers who are more specialized in this area to weigh in but I'm not believing this will provide a real difference. I will certainly roll it (as much as I dislike the look) and see if I notice anything. The model that looks like a #7 would be a good one to put head to head with my #7 as I putt well with that shape. Once they hit my local shop I'll try them (when it's dark and no one can see me?)

Are they really suggesting that the face twists on a putter? Isn't that caused by hand/wrist action not the putter itself?

Love the color combo, hate literally everything else about it

That's why Luke and the other folks at Odyssey are fans of Mallets - that's the whole story with MOI, it is resistance to twisting.

I'll reserve full opinion on these until I see them in hand and at address but... something tells me there's got to be a better way to reduce twisting than this.

That's why Luke and the other folks at Odyssey are fans of Mallets - that's the whole story with MOI, it is resistance to twisting.

I'll reserve full opinion on these until I see them in hand and at address but... something tells me there's got to be a better way to reduce twisting than this.
Just hard to imagine that a face is twisting on impact like a driver. In my mind there isn't enough force to make that happen and is more a product of a bad grip or hand/wrist rotation than anything. Guess thats why I don't design putters for a living haha

Just hard to imagine that a face is twisting on impact like a driver. In my mind there isn't enough force to make that happen and is more a product of a bad grip or hand/wrist rotation than anything. Guess thats why I don't design putters for a living haha
I was mentioning the same thing above. Go home and hit a bunch of putts off the toe intentionally. The ball still goes straight but loses some distance.. I don't feel any twisting or see the ball shoot offline

This is true that there is far less force. The precision of a putt however means even a small amount, would cause a miss.

Well. I mean at least its not something Callaway came out with first???

I wouldn’t be able to get past the horrible look. Nope

Well. I mean at least its not something Callaway came out with first???
Well.. Titleist and a few others have (as others have posted pictures of earlier in this thread)

Had a flood in our basement last year and could have really used one of these putters for our mop.

View attachment 8922544

I was thinking yesterday what that one putter reminded me or what it could be used for other than as putter. I didn't think of a mop. I was thinking more along the lines of an implement used to play shuffleboard at a Florida retirement community.

Just think about using this putter with the stability shaft.. You could name it atlas it would be so strong..

Just think about using this putter with the stability shaft.. You could name it atlas it would be so strong..
Just attach a piece of rebar

Can’t recall the brand or model number but these exact shapes and ideas were done already about 30-50 years ago. I’ve seen a few around the normal qualifying events I’ve played in last year. Putters looked very odd indeed and I had asked to see it. Didn’t seem odd at address but definitely a shape to puke on. Lol.
Odd they didn’t mention it the company or model I’m referring to but maybe they couldn’t remember the name or model either. I’d say they should be on eBay for 30 bucks if you want to try them out. Literally an exact copy of the models from yesteryear but with the addition of their face technology with the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t recall the brand or model number but these exact shapes and ideas were done already about 30-50 years ago. I’ve seen a few around the normal qualifying events I’ve played in last year. Putters looked very odd indeed and I had asked to see it. Didn’t seem odd at address but definitely a shape to puke on. Lol.
Odd they didn’t mention it the company or model I’m referring to but maybe they couldn’t remember the name or model either. I’d say they should be on eBay for 30 bucks if you want to try them out. Literally an exact copy of the models from yesteryear but with the addition of their face technology with the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few pictures in this thread of a couple of models, including one from Titleist.

Yikes....not aerodynamic at all. Will pass....

A few thoughts:

I’m with everyone who questions how much twist in a putt occurs at the clubhead. I mean, I can make an 18” long shelf out of a 2x12 to hold wallet-sized photo frames. It will deflect less than a shelf made from 3/4” plywood, but is it really noticeable? I think high MOI clubheads primarily, almost exclusively, reduce swing-induced twisting, not torsion of the clubhead/shaft itself.

Before, I saw the Aztec reference, I personally was thinking Ernest Borgnine.

My MIL has an Aztec and I get the task of exercising it on our monthly visits. It actually is a decent enough driving thing, but I always wear sunglasses and a hat, even at night. I’m convinced I could leave it unlocked, windows down, and keys in the ignition and it would still be there next month. In New Jersey. For similar reasons, I don’t think these will go missing from bags left outside the pro shop

it’s a putter AND an ice scraper!

I think these will be the high net prize at a lot of golf outings this summer.

Not sure I could get used to looking at one of these, I wonder how many I will see in play next summer?

Notice I said from a major OEM. And give me flip face, which I panned, and that PING absolutely ANY day of the week over this truss stuff.

Time to expend you mind my friend. You got a little too much get off my lawn happening. Haha.

Also, other than the first and last (the last an obvious joke) , they are all major OEM products. Ping, PXG, Yes, and Odyssey.

Last edited:
I was thinking yesterday what that one putter reminded me or what it could be used for other than as putter. I didn't think of a mop. I was thinking more along the lines of an implement used to play shuffleboard at a Florida retirement community.

I imagine one of these will make it into Reeds bag. Looks like it’d do a solid job as a shovel.

The link in the first post has been taken down for a small timeout.
It will be back soon. Please feel free to post and discuss however.

Back