Team Callaway Collection

Same! I moved right after the last one delivered, and I think they got it updated... But won't be sure until it arrives.

Just got off the phone with Callaway Customer Service after a good bit of time wasted with UPS on an online chat trying to change the shipping address to my new address. If you log onto callaway.com and check your order history, it will show where the package was shipped to. In my case, it was shipped to the old address despite my profile being changed on my Callaway account. The CSA said they ship it to the original address on the original order despite what is in your profile, UNLESS you call them! I got mine straightened out and on the way to the right address, and future shipments as well. But, if you changed your shipping address on line, call them ASAP because that's the only way it will get changed on this order. Hope that helps.

Just got off the phone with Callaway Customer Service after a good bit of time wasted with UPS on an online chat trying to change the shipping address to my new address. If you log onto callaway.com and check your order history, it will show where the package was shipped to. In my case, it was shipped to the old address despite my profile being changed on my Callaway account. The CSA said they ship it to the original address on the original order despite what is in your profile, UNLESS you call them! I got mine straightened out and on the way to the right address, and future shipments as well. But, if you changed your shipping address on line, call them ASAP because that's the only way it will get changed on this order. Hope that helps.

I had an email back and forth updating my address and it looks like they have mine up to date, so it should be coming to the right spot. UPS tracking number is working, but no ETA as of yet. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

I liked the box! I can use every bit of it.

Last year's masters box was untouchable.

Still no headcover which is kind of a bummer.

Just got my tracking number was shipped on the 3rd. Still in Austin.

It's exciting to read the feedback on the shipments and the program in general. You guys' passion never ceases to amaze, and we love you for it. It's a difficult but fun task to try to keep the shipment contents fresh while staying within the legal/financial/logistical sandbox that we have to play in.

Some people have not gotten their shipments yet but I don't think it's a spoiler to point out that there is not a major coin in there, since several others have already done so in this thread.

In the interest of transparency, here's the situation with coins:

At the end of last year's program we sent a survey to subscribers, and in there we asked about most & least favorite items, what would you like to see more/less of, and overall feedback.

What we heard:
- far more people had coins as their least favorite item than their most favorite item
- many people said they would like to see fewer coins
- overwhelmingly, the overall feedback was that the desire was for items with utility over items with collectibility. To that point, there were a significant number of comments specifically directed at coins -- "too heavy and big for a marker", "not sure what to do with it", "I did not find any use for it"

Even I will admit that we got a little coin-happy last year and so our intent for this year is to provide unique items with utility.

So, for all the reasons above, we did not include a majors coin in this shipment.

Obviously not everyone will like every item (or the exclusion of an item), but we have fun putting the shipments together and we hope you enjoy receiving them. And we are always open to your thoughts and ideas for future boxes.

Thought you guys should know the background, hope that helps.

Thanks for putting that out there Ethan. Haven't gotten the second shipment, but loved the first! Bummer there won't be coins as it is one of my personal favorite items but I'll still hopefully find a way to secure them to keep my collection going. I like that we will be using our stuff more, that is pretty exciting. Keep up the good work E!

Personally I love the idea of utility based items vs. collectors items.

I still regret not getting in on this for that hoodie in the first box alone.

I will miss the coins. I have amassed quite the collection of Callaway coins. All of the majors and every other one besides the No 3 Jacks and DoubleU joins which are just about impossible to find...

I will find a way to get them another way, but always looked forward to seeing them in the Team Callaway box.

I think you all do a good job putting these together, and you cannot get every box to suit every person. What I and others may like, just as many may hate. Keep up the good work E

Personally I love the idea of utility based items vs. collectors items.
It's awesome to have exclusive items that are quite usable!

Thanks for the post Ethan. I wasn't in on this last year and enjoyed the first box. I'm looking forward to getting this second one. I do love the collectable type items myself over the utility items, but realize now that's the minority opinion.

It's exciting to read the feedback on the shipments and the program in general. You guys' passion never ceases to amaze, and we love you for it. It's a difficult but fun task to try to keep the shipment contents fresh while staying within the legal/financial/logistical sandbox that we have to play in.

Some people have not gotten their shipments yet but I don't think it's a spoiler to point out that there is not a major coin in there, since several others have already done so in this thread.

In the interest of transparency, here's the situation with coins:

At the end of last year's program we sent a survey to subscribers, and in there we asked about most & least favorite items, what would you like to see more/less of, and overall feedback.

What we heard:
- far more people had coins as their least favorite item than their most favorite item
- many people said they would like to see fewer coins
- overwhelmingly, the overall feedback was that the desire was for items with utility over items with collectibility. To that point, there were a significant number of comments specifically directed at coins -- "too heavy and big for a marker", "not sure what to do with it", "I did not find any use for it"

Even I will admit that we got a little coin-happy last year and so our intent for this year is to provide unique items with utility.

So, for all the reasons above, we did not include a majors coin in this shipment.

Obviously not everyone will like every item (or the exclusion of an item), but we have fun putting the shipments together and we hope you enjoy receiving them. And we are always open to your thoughts and ideas for future boxes.

Thought you guys should know the background, hope that helps.

Thanks for the Update Ethan & Nice article about playing 100 rounds last year!!

I wish I could have signed up for one this year, I personally am a fan of the coins. Have the ones I received at the Gauntlet still and use them every round. Next year I will set an alarm to purchase this for sure! *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The coins end up collecting dust or being given away for me, so keep doing what you are doing.

I love seeing Callaway answer to the questions in here, not all companies would do so.

if anyone dont want to use the alignment rods, I would be willing to buy them

Certainly can understand how you guys would respond to the feedback you received, Ethan. Logically, anyone would have done the same. We're all different in what our preferences are, but, for me, a balance between collectibles and items with utility, with a slight bias towards the latter would be great. The Masters is a big deal for most of us, and the coins for it would have been awesome. I don't have a collection like some, but, would have loved to see that one in the box. The bottom line is I think we would all agree that we're getting great value for our membership in TeamCallaway and appreciate and look forward to each box that is sent. Thanks for what you guys do for us.

Thanks for the post Ethan. I wasn't in on this last year and enjoyed the first box. I'm looking forward to getting this second one. I do love the collectable type items myself over the utility items, but realize now that's the minority opinion.

I believe this image sums up the varying opinions on shipment contents --
diff'rent%20strokes.jpg

While the coins are fun, I do see why some who aren't into collectables could have no use for them. As someone who does, I think they're crazy but I respect their incorrect opinion :alien:

They really are a fun time of year when you start hearing notifications trickle in, it feels like December 23rd till you see a box at your door step. So far, my wife has enjoyed the t shirt and the sweatshirt so thanks for making her happy. I enjoyed both days I got to wear them.

Certainly can understand how you guys would respond to the feedback you received, Ethan. Logically, anyone would have done the same. We're all different in what our preferences are, but, for me, a balance between collectibles and items with utility, with a slight bias towards the latter would be great. The Masters is a big deal for most of us, and the coins for it would have been awesome. I don't have a collection like some, but, would have loved to see that one in the box. The bottom line is I think we would all agree that we're getting great value for our membership in TeamCallaway and appreciate and look forward to each box that is sent. Thanks for what you guys do for us.

There's the passion I was talking about. You guys are the best. Thanks for recognizing the conundrum and for the support. To be honest, each shipment is an experiment; there's no formula to tell us what people want/need/like/don't like, so we learn as we go and we move on. We may not bat 1.000 for each shipment but our goal is that at the end of the year, people have an assortment of cool stuff that they enjoy and feel comfortable having spent their hard-earned money on.

Still have 2 shipments left!

Thanks for sharing the thoughts behind the shipments Ethan, have not got the second box just yet but am very much looking forward to it, and future boxes!

I got my box today and I am very happy with it

I rec'd my box. Happy with the contents. Looking forward to playing with the stuff along with my new callaway additions to the bag.

I rec'd my box. Happy with the contents. Looking forward to playing with the stuff along with my new callaway additions to the bag.

If you received yours, I need to re-check my shipping details. Fingers-crossed!

Back