Testing Irons for THP

We have a marketplace for items for sale. Please do not use regular threads for those matters.

This thread is about THP'ers that were lucky enough to be chosen to test irons out pre-release (by months).

since we got our first snow of the year last night/this morning, I'm sure they will show up soon haha

These irons are one of my first thoughts when I wake up in the morning. It is as if you know Christmas is close, but you just don't know what day it is. Soon, Santa Clause from TaylorMade will have one of his elves (fedex or ups) bring me my gift for being such a good boy.

Can't wait for these to get here!

I'm going to try to stop thinking about them with hopes that they will come soon. I fooled myself yesterday because I knew I have a hybrid being delivered for my dad's xmas gift yesterday. My cousin was home and shot me a text saying a golf club box just got delivered. Forgetting that I had the hybrid coming I got all excited, only to find out it wasn't a set of irons. Today I have a wedge being delivered for my brother in law, so I will not get too excited unless I see 2 golf club boxes on my porch.

I'm going to try to stop thinking about them with hopes that they will come soon. I fooled myself yesterday because I knew I have a hybrid being delivered for my dad's xmas gift yesterday. My cousin was home and shot me a text saying a golf club box just got delivered. Forgetting that I had the hybrid coming I got all excited, only to find out it wasn't a set of irons. Today I have a wedge being delivered for my brother in law, so I will not get too excited unless I see 2 golf club boxes on my porch.
Stop trying to kid yourself, you're not going to stop thinking of these. Just like me and the rest of us, every time a new post is entered in this thread you click as fast as you can in hopes that someone has rec'd theirs! It's ok, rather fun in fact, I love the anticipation and excitement!

Stop trying to kid yourself, you're not going to stop thinking of these. Just like me and the rest of us, every time a new post is entered in this thread you click as fast as you can in hopes that someone has rec'd theirs! It's ok, rather fun in fact, I love the anticipation and excitement!

very true, look how long it took for me to respond to your post haha

This is going to be a lot of fun, I'm really excited as is everyone else for these irons.

::Insert obligatory comment about wanting these Irons here::

Since we are talking grips in the 2.0 thread...

Did you guys request aftermarket grips or just give a size? I was not sure what to do, so I requested Winn PCI since I have one on a hybrid and really like it.

Did you guys request aftermarket grips or just give a size? I was not sure what to do, so I requested Winn PCI since I have one on a hybrid and really like it.

was not sure that was an option, so I just requested size.

Yea, I didn't really know either way, so I just did it to be safe. Now I'm thinkin about how much I like the UST grip on my driver. I wouldn't mind a set of those on these irons either.

I wonder if TM would be willing to give us any updates on these? I'm feeling super blah with winter coming so early and need some good news to perk me up!

Yea, I didn't really know either way, so I just did it to be safe. Now I'm thinkin about how much I like the UST grip on my driver. I wouldn't mind a set of those on these irons either.

I wonder if TM would be willing to give us any updates on these? I'm feeling super blah with winter coming so early and need some good news to perk me up!

I've got great news for you!
Spoiler
soon you will be receiving your new irons

but I am with you on the winter blah feeling. Its to the point now when I get home around 6, I don't want to do anything because it's cold and dark. Once these arrive it will give me something to do.

Stupid winter.

Yeah I didn't know what to do either, so I'll be getting what I get I guess. No biggie though.

Yeah I didn't know what to do either, so I'll be getting what I get I guess. No biggie though.

From what I was reading, the stock grips look pretty good too, so I won't mind either way.

So, what are your specs, guys? I went standard length and 1° upright.

I told them I use Tour Velvets in standard. I would not mind if they showed up with the stock grips to see if I liked them. I can always blow new grips on if I don't like the stock offerings.

From what I was reading, the stock grips look pretty good too, so I won't mind either way.

So, what are your specs, guys? I went standard length and 1° upright.

standard length, 2 flat

yeah, I could care less what grips are on them. if I dont like them I will change em

yeah, I could care less what grips are on them. if I dont like them I will change em

same here, I didn't like the one on the Supertri or the XFT, which is why I posed the question in the other thread. That stuff is all personal preference anyway.

This will be the first set of irons I have that aren't standard. Looking forward to seeing what the difference will be.

This will be the first set of irons I have that aren't standard. Looking forward to seeing what the difference will be.

How are they not going to be standard? What did you request different from the norm? Besides ladies shafts... hehe

thats cool, I cant wait to see what the difference for you is as well

Standard length and standard lie for me. I am going to hit them off of a lie board when I get them just to make sure everything is right. When I owned R9 irons, I was exactly standard.

I am hoping I get them before my next GolfTec lesson so I can say, "Lookie what I have."

How are they not going to be standard? What did you request different from the norm? Besides ladies shafts... hehe

They are bent 1° upright. I always thought I was standard, but I just recently learned how to use a tape measure properly. As for the shafts, I went with the extra-extra-stiff to increase seriousness.

Back