The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strength of schedule? Does anybody really think the Buckeyes could beat Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M in one year? If Bama beats Auburn in the Iron Bowl, they will have....

Calm down junior we're talking about FSU.

And I definitely think tOSU would beat LSU and A&M.

Apparently you didn't even read the article before you started spewing your SEC adoration.

Strength of schedule? Does anybody really think the Buckeyes could beat Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M in one year? If Bama beats Auburn in the Iron Bowl, they will have....

As JRod said we are talking FSU and OSU as the article discusses

SEC fan or not, really no need to see tOSU lose again to an SEC team in January. If Bama and FSU win out, they'll play for the last crystal football and it won't be because tOSU was left out.

SEC fan or not, really no need to see tOSU lose again to an SEC team in January. If Bama and FSU win out, they'll play for the last crystal football and it won't be because tOSU was left out.

I'd bet 100$ that won't be the NC game.

Alabama won't win out and FSU's schedule is a joke.

SEC homers dude they don't even pay attention they just start raging about how great they are.
Ugh, SEC homers are the worst.

Cant wait for OSU to beat the eff out of Michigan

Jrod that was a well done article.
UGA absolutely stinking is part of the reason for the FSU schedule I believe based on #RollTajh beating them and the perception that that team was talented. UF being just downright pathetic plays a role too.

The rest of the conversation, yeah you are right with the deleted post. Its not worth it.

Jrod that was a well done article.
UGA absolutely stinking is part of the reason for the FSU schedule I believe based on #RollTajh beating them and the perception that that team was talented. UF being just downright pathetic plays a role too.

The rest of the conversation, yeah you are right with the deleted post. Its not worth it.

Yep unfortunately with SOS being factored in you can't control it and sometimes it's frustrating. I really have no problem with the two teams ahead of tOSU being there as of right now I think they deserve it but I just don't see the giant gap most other people believe is there.

However with that being said if Bama does win out and win the NC that would be an amazing stretch of football and probably one of the toughest roads to a NC in some time.

Boooo Bama.

Yep unfortunately with SOS being factored in you can't control it and sometimes it's frustrating. I really have no problem with the two teams ahead of tOSU being there as of right now I think they deserve it but I just don't see the giant gap most other people believe is there.

However with that being said if Bama does win out and win the NC that would be an amazing stretch of football and probably one of the toughest roads to a NC in some time.

To me it should always be measured by OOC. That is what you can control. The Cal scheduling was interesting to me.

To me it should always be measured by OOC. That is what you can control. The Cal scheduling was interesting to me.

Yah no idea why they chose a home/home with them. Miami and USC were fine but Cal was kind of curious. They were decent for a few years back and maybe that's why they scheduled them? No idea really.

Yah no idea why they chose a home/home with them. Miami and USC were fine but Cal was kind of curious. They were decent for a few years back and maybe that's why they scheduled them? No idea really.

This is a good article about the Cal game. From a Columbus paper. When the games were scheduled, Cal had just finished 1-10. Fortunately for you guys, next year brings on a new challenge.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/09/13/gameday/gd-hunter-column.html

12 years in advance is just crazy

I hate those guys, especially who the ones who just say War Eagle.
We have names for those kind of guys.
I agree with this. Unfortunately, fans realize this, the people in charge only look at the $.

The SEC gets away with a largely based horrible out of conference schedule because their conference is perceived so tough right now. Im not sure this year its as tough as most, but truthfully we wont know any of that until bowl games.

The SEC gets away with a largely based horrible out of conference schedule because their conference is perceived so tough right now. Im not sure this year its as tough as most, but truthfully we wont know any of that until bowl games.
Agreed. Funny how that has changed so much since 2004.

That makes little sense to me, seems the full schedule should be considered.

That makes little sense to me, seems the full schedule should be considered.

Shockingly you missed the point.
Nobody said the rest of the games should not count. But that the games you actually control in the schedule should be weighted accordingly. Nobody knows how SEC teams will play against the rest of the country this year. Why? Because like others, they play Bumfuq Tech East Campus out of conference. Then proclaim that its because their own conference beats up on each other and makes it harder than every other out there (which in the past has been true).

The problem is, that is basing everything on reputation. We saw UGA get smoked out of conference and that is even before all the injuries took place. Its an assumption based on only in conference play that these schools are dominant again.

Its not necessarily the SECs fault, but sadly the way these schools choose to make their schedule. They would much rather beat Bumfuq Tech East or Georgia Southern (whoops), then play many top schools. Sadly most of the big time programs do this now, but its not news that the SEC has been doing it for a while. Colin Cowherd had an entire segment a few days ago on it.

I think it's pretty telling this season that the SEC was perceived to be down during the pre-conference game play, but now the conference is again perceived at the top after conference play.

Funny how that works.

I agree the bowl games will be interesting.

I think it's pretty telling this season that the SEC was perceived to be down during the pre-conference game play, but now the conference is again perceived at the top after conference play.

Funny how that works.

I agree the bowl games will be interesting.

Absolutely. Two of their usual top teams got smoked out of conference in Florida and Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back