The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Thanks for losing all of this weight guys and letting me borrow it.

Im just here to help my fellow Grandaddy competitors. However I think Epcot Food & Wine next week will help pork me back up to epic proportions.

Well I don't have any weight to lose before the #Grandaddy really... But if I get to go.... I'm sure with those comfort stations would help me add a few pounds while I'm there!! :)

Im just here to help my fellow Grandaddy competitors. However I think Epcot Food & Wine next week will help pork me back up to epic proportions.
Then more Chicago food two weeks after that lol

Then more Chicago food two weeks after that lol
Oh man, just got back from a Chicago weekend, and pizzeria uno/ flash taco killed me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'll be honest...reading about last year's Grandaddy is what got my juices flowing to play again. For a long time, I didn't have a ton of desire to play or practice. But reading that live thread at the beginning of this summer really pumped me up. Not so much getting in (don't get me wrong - it would would be AWESOME), but just remembering what fun golf could be again. I'm working on my game again...playing some but practicing a ton. Researching drills, thinking my way through things, and the most fun part-learning about all the cool new equipment that has come out in the past few years.

My wife, however, is not happy with this renewed passion and expense

Awesome, that you guys are putting in the time for weight loss and fitness.

Also, huge that you are focusing on short game and putting too.

What are you doing practice/fitness wise that will help your fitness for 27/36 hole days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, that you guys are putting in the time for weight loss and fitness.

Also, huge that you are focusing on short game and putting too.

What are you doing practice/fitness wise that will help your fitness for 27/36 hole days?

I played 27/36/45/54 hole days all summer to prep there. :alien:

I played 27/36/45/54 hole days all summer to prep there. :alien:

Well I guess no one can ever say you didn't lead by example hahaha

Well I guess no one can ever say you didn't lead by example hahaha

I'm a lunatic.

I walked most of those days.

Still tons of work to be done though, short game is fixing to go through boot camp when my MD3 54W gets here. Nice and comfortable by the time December rolls around.

I'm a lunatic.

I walked most of those days.

Still tons of work to be done though, short game is fixing to go through boot camp when my MD3 54W gets here. Nice and comfortable by the time December rolls around.
Some of those bunkers at The Hideaway are deep. I remember I think it was #6 at Clive, left of the green. Not sure if I could see the putting surface at all. The W Grinds could be a MASSIVE aid for Redemption.

Had some free time tonight so I went ahead and created a design for all those Grandaddy participants.

rULEr5s.png

I'm ready for the team to be filled out - for two reasons. One, so we can see the full make up of #TeamRedemption. And two, so I can stop obsessing over contests and either get my fan hat on or, if the slim chance becomes reality, get my game face on.

Let's do this.

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Had some free time tonight so I went ahead and created a design for all those Grandaddy participants.

rULEr5s.png

Cool design. Neat stuff.
I dont want to take away from the logo that is already set up for this one that is on all of the stuff used by ZooCrew and THPers. It was designed by Callaway Jrod before the initial event.

No sweat though, that is a fun design.

B9fNTxQCMAAluB2.jpg:large

CMXjfX5WcAAvnJL-400x300.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of which, and I am not sure if it goes best in here or elsewhere, does anyone have any recommendations on a solid putting training aid? Something to help keep the stroke ingrained?

Unconscious Putting.

It's time, Taylor.

Speaking of which, and I am not sure if it goes best in here or elsewhere, does anyone have any recommendations on a solid putting training aid? Something to help keep the stroke ingrained?
Tons of different drills. The one that helped me the most was a lag putting drill. Tons of different variations but here is the basics:

Take an alignment stick / club and place it 3 ft behind the hole. Walk around the other side and drop a ball at 10,15,20,25 ft. Object is to either make the putt or leave it in tap in range behind the hole without hitting the club / alignment stick. Keep going at each spot until you complete that station. If you miss or leave it short, go back to 10ft and start over. It's difficult at first but you will get the hang of it. Also another great training aid is the putter wheel. If I can find mine I will send it out to you.

Last edited:
Unconscious Putting.

It's time, Taylor.
Yes! this is one that works for me and one i started reading again before the gauntlet and i feel like it helped a ton

May grab it on my iPad for my flight back Friday
So worth it imo.

And in other news, my vacation request for Grandaddy week has been approved!!!! man i cant wait!

So worth it imo.

And in other news, my vacation request for Grandaddy week has been approved!!!! man i cant wait!

My vacation is approved also, now I need a reason to take it. :alien:

Anyone know if I can grab the book on the kindle? Need putting work and need to work on my distance to the hole with my chipping

Cool design. Neat stuff.
I dont want to take away from the logo that is already set up for this one that is on all of the stuff used by ZooCrew and THPers. It was designed by Callaway Jrod before the initial event.

No sweat though, that is a fun design.

B9fNTxQCMAAluB2.jpg:large

CMXjfX5WcAAvnJL-400x300.jpg

Those logos are sweet.

Its awesome that you guys are putting emphasis on short game and putting and I highly recommend it!! but don't neglect the other parts of the game completely. Make sure you have confidence in your full swing. While you are being fitted to a new set of awesome clubs made FOR YOU if your swing is a mess you will struggle.

Back