The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

So just a story I felt the need to share:

My new boss (CEO of our small company) is HUGE into golf, I mean huge. Has multiple memberships at country clubs here in Dallas, one in South Carolina, one in Florida. Yesterday he was wearing a needlepoint belt with the Pine Valley logo, so I asked him about it. He told me he has been fortunate enough to play Pine Valley 3 times, and he started asking me about my favorite courses.

I minimized my email and showed him my background, which is a picture from the Hideaway. His reaction was priceless. We started talking about the Grandaddy, and a guy who has made more money in the past 3 years than I will make in my life couldn't believe the opportunity. Telling non-THPers about this event really drives home just how astounding it is that regular joes get to do this.

I shared stories about the course, the members, the fittings, hotel, and then he asked how much it cost, and when I told him free he just couldn't believe it. I am truly fortunate to be able to be part of the great fraternity of #Grandaddy participants, and I love sharing my story with anyone who will listen.

Thats cool. It was kind of like speaking to Jason Finley about it on the THP Radio Podcast. Money cannot buy this experience. I was talking to some members at Hammock Beach about it this past weekend. They just do not understand how it works. When you explain it, they sort of understand it, but cant fathom how it all goes down.

Thats cool. It was kind of like speaking to Jason Finley about it on the THP Radio Podcast. Money cannot buy this experience. I was talking to some members at Hammock Beach about it this past weekend. They just do not understand how it works. When you explain it, they sort of understand it, but cant fathom how it all goes down.

I truly don't think you have any idea until you are able to do it yourself. Pictures and recaps tell a great story, but stepping foot on the grounds at the Hideaway for the first time isn't something that can be explained.

As much as it pains me to say, I completely agree with what Finley said about the Grandaddy :alien:

Having a crappy day, but I just made one of these and all of a sudden I feel a little better! Cheers boys!!

c91c280b2cffc412b59596a2d0423e02.jpg

It is all cool. I obviously have not been a part of it. But when I tell people about THP and what it is, it ends with a description of what #TheGrandaddy is. People that don't golf say basically that's nice. People that do golf look at me like I'm lying to them, or I'm embellishing the story. I truly believe these folks think it isn't true. This event breaks the old rule most of us live by " if it's too good to be true it can't be" #TheGrandaddy is too good to be true, and it is, is a reality that only a select group have been part of so far. There should be a jacket in honor of belonging to that club emblazoned with #TheGrandaddy logo. It's that exclusive and great of a club to be part of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

Got out to play today and get to tell people how awesome of an experience this was!

The only word that describes it is Ridiculous! Because the entire thing was so ridiculously awesome!

Thinking of Roger Effin Cleveland every time I am in a trap. I have been on fire out them. Short, long, hard, or soft it doesn't freaking matter.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

It is all cool. I obviously have not been a part of it. But when I tell people about THP and what it is, it ends with a description of what #TheGrandaddy is. People that don't golf say basically that's nice. People that do golf look at me like I'm lying to them, or I'm embellishing the story. I truly believe these folks think it isn't true. This event breaks the old rule most of us live by " if it's too good to be true it can't be" #TheGrandaddy is too good to be true, and it is, is a reality that only a select group have been part of so far. There should be a jacket in honor of belonging to that club emblazoned with #TheGrandaddy logo. It's that exclusive and great of a club to be part of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
There is. And it has been water tested in the hotel shower

This thread is truly therapy for me. When i'm down or feeling negative about something, I come in here and read all the awesome that we experienced as a group and I instantly forget why I was mad or down. This event is truly more than golf, thank you again THP and Callaway for allowing me to have the experience of a lifetime.

It has been a rough weekend for me, but just reading through the last couple of pages has helped ease the pain and bring a smile to my face. If I was one of the lucky few people to experience the event this year, it would be dedicated to the person we lost this weekend. He may not have been my family by blood, but he was a good person and will be missed by a lot of people

Wore this one today. Just another reminder of how great this event was for us all.

9c71b2780f1f0a9cf71abf909af5af89.jpg

Looks good on you dude.

It's impossible for me to see this picture and not throw it in here. Miss you all and hopefully you all jump back in on all the awesome stuff going on around here. Hopefully I get into an event this year with some of you guys in it
8d29e282ef9a3c82ef16593e852d9756.jpg

I think an unofficial #TheGrandaddy alumni reunion is in order

I could try and make that work. MikeG you really don't have any excuse you aren't very far from James and I

e4f6c44d14a139df6ed616c87b0537ba.jpg

This thread belongs back on the first page... it's raining, so actual product testing is in order. Miss you guys.

Packing up for a weekend of golf. This was not staged. I just happened to look over and got slapped in the face by the awesomeness
867f409b3f40337b6b1edcf45548b688.jpg

So awesome Philly.

I was at the range last night, and had the valuables pouch attached to my Grandaddy bag, and a guy came over and asked me about the pouch, and then complimented the logo on the bag and valuables pouch. I told him about the event and he couldn't believe it.. Sometimes I cannot believe it either haha

So awesome Philly.

I was at the range last night, and had the valuables pouch attached to my Grandaddy bag, and a guy came over and asked me about the pouch, and then complimented the logo on the bag and valuables pouch. I told him about the event and he couldn't believe it.. Sometimes I cannot believe it either haha
And to think you are the only one to do it twice. That's pretty unbelievable right there!

Got the clubs back in the bag. So many memories come flooding back looking at it

c6a83d0b03eb5db90234a268dc5edfe9.jpg

Like a boss!!

LOVE IT!!!!

So a while back the 13th of 13 Team Redemption Grandaddy bags was posted for sale and i jumped on it. Since receiving it, Ive been trying to figure out what to do with it. Part of me wants to just put it in the Man Cave and let it sit until my current Grandaddy bag is no longer usable that way i have another one ready to go. But then another part of me says to myself "that bag needs to be played. That bag needs to be seen by people" and ive been trying to figure out who the person was that i was going to be giving the bag to. (this is going somewhere i promise)

Recently i was at my parents house for a cookout and got to talking with my dad about golf and once again we started talking about the Grandaddy. We ended up watching the recap video on his TV again and he was just in awe of how we were treated and that we all got so much to take home to help us relive the Grandaddy experience even though we are so far away from The Hideaway. My dad hasnt played much golf lately. I can count on one hand how much hes played in the past couple years and its mostly been because he lost a little bit of the passion and once he became an empty nester he bought a new Harley for him and my mom to enjoy. But talking about The Grandaddy sparked something in him and now all he can talk about is golf and its great. Hes the one who got me into the game. I would have never have played this great game, found THP and been a member of Team Redemption if it wasnt for my dads love of the game. So we scheduled a round of golf for tomorrow morning. While i was there i told him i would take his clubs with me that way he can ride his Harley to golf. When i got his bag out of the garage, one of the legs fell off of it and the carry strap damn near broke. To say he is due for a new bag is an understatement. So, i took home just his clubs and said "Im giving you a new bag". His clubs are clean and ready to go in the 13th of 13 Team Redemption golf bag and i couldnt be more honored to have my dad use that bag. He will love it and take care of it until his golf playing days are over.

Back