The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

That is just awesome Phil. Love it

Keeping it in the family, I'm all ok with that. Your dad will love it and will have a heck of a story to tell his golfing buddies about that logo and where he got that bag from.

Love it Phil! I think that is a perfect place for the bag

That's the best possible outcome! Love it Phil

That makes me smile Phil. Well done.

Wow Phil, that was really touching man. As a bit of friendly advice, make it a point to enjoy every opportunity with your dad out on the course.

I "only" got to enjoy golfing 5 years with my dad but they are easily among my fondest memories with him.

That's awesome Phil!! This is such a great thread. Oh, what it would mean to me to be able to take part in the 2016 Granddaddy recap thread. For me it's about the camaraderie of the THP team and the beautiful courses. Still gonna be dreaming about it.

Perfect Phil...Perfect!

That's awesome Phil! And at the same time, I'm not surprised at all! Your a good egg brother! I had some major thoughts going on today as well, weather is in the 80s here and that's about as close to Palm Springs as I can get!

e389fe0aae71c12fe132cabcece41e23.jpg
4971043d9ec7e33aaaa54e81de4433dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nicely done PhillyV!!! Hopefully you and your dad get many years of sharing a cart with your matching grandaddy bags!

Great story Phil. Perfect place for the 13th bag.

So a while back the 13th of 13 Team Redemption Grandaddy bags was posted for sale and i jumped on it. Since receiving it, Ive been trying to figure out what to do with it. Part of me wants to just put it in the Man Cave and let it sit until my current Grandaddy bag is no longer usable that way i have another one ready to go. But then another part of me says to myself "that bag needs to be played. That bag needs to be seen by people" and ive been trying to figure out who the person was that i was going to be giving the bag to. (this is going somewhere i promise)

Recently i was at my parents house for a cookout and got to talking with my dad about golf and once again we started talking about the Grandaddy. We ended up watching the recap video on his TV again and he was just in awe of how we were treated and that we all got so much to take home to help us relive the Grandaddy experience even though we are so far away from The Hideaway. My dad hasnt played much golf lately. I can count on one hand how much hes played in the past couple years and its mostly been because he lost a little bit of the passion and once he became an empty nester he bought a new Harley for him and my mom to enjoy. But talking about The Grandaddy sparked something in him and now all he can talk about is golf and its great. Hes the one who got me into the game. I would have never have played this great game, found THP and been a member of Team Redemption if it wasnt for my dads love of the game. So we scheduled a round of golf for tomorrow morning. While i was there i told him i would take his clubs with me that way he can ride his Harley to golf. When i got his bag out of the garage, one of the legs fell off of it and the carry strap damn near broke. To say he is due for a new bag is an understatement. So, i took home just his clubs and said "Im giving you a new bag". His clubs are clean and ready to go in the 13th of 13 Team Redemption golf bag and i couldnt be more honored to have my dad use that bag. He will love it and take care of it until his golf playing days are over.
Such a great story dude. And hits hard at home with me dude. I know the exact feeling of sharing the passion with your old man.

Nicely done Phil. Fun to see how the impact of this event continues to spread.

Philly, love to hear you can share the passion with the old man like I do with my son....something very special that not many get to experience...as I am sure you realize!

We were so lucky to have been able to tee it up at The Hideaway and I'm even more lucky to be able to have something from there with me every round
1fcaecb9da7027ecaa67e9182339194e.jpg

We were so lucky to have been able to tee it up at The Hideaway and I'm even more lucky to be able to have something from there with me every round

Everytime I see one I get more and more mad that I didn't buy a hideaway head cover. I bought a putter cover but I have that displayed

It's a solid head cover and I love how soft it is.

Man those are some sexy headcovers. I'm a OEM headcover type of person but those would us sit those real fast.

I'm sure your dad appreciated the gesture.

Decided to wear this today, I'm in a #TheGrandaddy kind of mood

b19d8d0f0324862ec26d553523f2912f.jpg

I have slacked on the recaps for this event but want to share something really quick while at work. The Tuesday of this event has been on my mind all day. Tuesday was the first day of actual golf and we get to the course and eat the best breakfast sliders one could ever imagine. Like seriously I haven't had anything for breakfast since that has come close. After that we head out to the range which is just beautiful and I'm hitting shots warming up. And frankly just in awe of where I am.

So the first 18 holes it's me and Captain JMan vs Neubarth and hashtag. And I'm nervous, I'm thinking about the competition and how we need to finally win the Grandaddy up until my first tee shot. We started on a 190 yard par 3 and bam hit my divine nine pin high about 20 feet away or so and let me tell you I have never been more shaky over a putt in my life. Leave it short for the tap in par and at that moment I realized that today was going to be just golf. Yes the stakes are higher, the competition is better, the course is incredible but it's just golf. And this 18 holes quickly became my 2nd favorite round of golf ever. I hit some good shots and some bad, won some holes and lost some, but in the end it was an incredible round. Had an absolute blast playing with JMan and it's something I don't think I have told him personally but that round will always mean the world to me. And it was something that I desperately needed. Also playing with Hashtag and Neubarth it quickly felt like a foursome of friends and not a competition. I can't fully explain why this round meant so much to me and I don't think I will ever be able to but man was this round special. And since I'm not sure I have said it to him I will now. Thank you James for an incredible round

The last 9 holes was me and TexasHacker vs Harry and Hashtag. The first hole of the last 9 is very special to me for a couple reasons. One it's where Leishman came from. On the tee box we were all standing getting ready to hit and Harry looks at me and says you look like a bigger and more country version of Marc Leishman. Immediately everyone agreed and from there TLeishman34 was born.

The second reason was it was alternate shot and I had like a 90 yard chip shot and I chunked it so bad I'm not sure I even hit the ball and immediately I said sorry. Taylor looks at me and says in a nice way don't you effing say sorry and it clicked again it's golf. Just go out there and have a blast and enjoy the round. And honestly it's what THP is about, don't get mad at someone for hitting a bad shot. They happen more often than not for some of us. So thank you Taylor for reminding me of that

And then to finish up the Tuesday with Moscow Mules and drinks with some very special people was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

This event man means the world to me and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it.

It was a lot of fun out there and led to a new screen name.

I have slacked on the recaps for this event but want to share something really quick while at work. The Tuesday of this event has been on my mind all day. Tuesday was the first day of actual golf and we get to the course and eat the best breakfast sliders one could ever imagine. Like seriously I haven't had anything for breakfast since that has come close. After that we head out to the range which is just beautiful and I'm hitting shots warming up. And frankly just in awe of where I am.

So the first 18 holes it's me and Captain JMan vs Neubarth and hashtag. And I'm nervous, I'm thinking about the competition and how we need to finally win the Grandaddy up until my first tee shot. We started on a 190 yard par 3 and bam hit my divine nine pin high about 20 feet away or so and let me tell you I have never been more shaky over a putt in my life. Leave it short for the tap in par and at that moment I realized that today was going to be just golf. Yes the stakes are higher, the competition is better, the course is incredible but it's just golf. And this 18 holes quickly became my 2nd favorite round of golf ever. I hit some good shots and some bad, won some holes and lost some, but in the end it was an incredible round. Had an absolute blast playing with JMan and it's something I don't think I have told him personally but that round will always mean the world to me. And it was something that I desperately needed. Also playing with Hashtag and Neubarth it quickly felt like a foursome of friends and not a competition. I can't fully explain why this round meant so much to me and I don't think I will ever be able to but man was this round special. And since I'm not sure I have said it to him I will now. Thank you James for an incredible round

The last 9 holes was me and TexasHacker vs Harry and Hashtag. The first hole of the last 9 is very special to me for a couple reasons. One it's where Leishman came from. On the tee box we were all standing getting ready to hit and Harry looks at me and says you look like a bigger and more country version of Marc Leishman. Immediately everyone agreed and from there TLeishman34 was born.

The second reason was it was alternate shot and I had like a 90 yard chip shot and I chunked it so bad I'm not sure I even hit the ball and immediately I said sorry. Taylor looks at me and says in a nice way don't you effing say sorry and it clicked again it's golf. Just go out there and have a blast and enjoy the round. And honestly it's what THP is about, don't get mad at someone for hitting a bad shot. They happen more often than not for some of us. So thank you Taylor for reminding me of that

And then to finish up the Tuesday with Moscow Mules and drinks with some very special people was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

This event man means the world to me and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about it.
There's a reason I paired you with me dude, and it had nothing to do with strategy. It was all about making damn sure you had a good time that you desperately deserved and needed at the time. As much as it may shock some, I didn't care about the win or loss in that one, that one was about something much more important than the scoreboard.

Youre a good one, don't ever forget that

Cheers brothers
cfe9104174b12697256a86f177582478.jpg

Back