EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Sorry to hear that golf is still not allowed. I'm hoping that it won't be too long for you. The Cobra stuff is really, really good. That's something to look forward too.
Oh believe me, I’m clinging onto that! Fact that the gear is so damn good makes it almost worse! Word is that the courses here may start looking to gradually open from 28th May, so fingers crossed.

Oh believe me, I’m clinging onto that! Fact that the gear is so damn good makes it almost worse! Word is that the courses here may start looking to gradually open from 28th May, so fingers crossed.
Sure hope so for your sake. 🤞

Sure hope so for your sake. 🤞
Thanks mate, I have faith. Not quite planning games just yet, but I have a list of clients and friends that I will be calling the second we get the thumbs up!

Just grabbed some more Puma gear for this summer. Some shirts and shorts. Gets in next week.

Any of the cool unique patterns?
No, just the casual stuff. Just don't know if I could pull any of that stuff off.

Just wanted to leave this here as I wore this hat during today’s round and thought about Jake. I only knew him a short time but he sure left an impression. He loved the Morgan Cup, miss you buddy.

E834D0A9-B826-454B-95A5-81A28A6CF356.jpeg

Just wanted to leave this here as I wore this hat during today’s round and thought about Jake. I only knew him a short time but he sure left an impression. He loved the Morgan Cup, miss you buddy.

View attachment 8944708
For some of the newer members (myself included) could you tell us a bit about Jake and his story?

For some of the newer members (myself included) could you tell us a bit about Jake and his story?

He was a long time member here and writer for a few years. He had been in nearly every Morgan Cup in some way shape or fashion.
He passed away a bit ago and suddenly.

He was a long time member here and writer for a few years. He had been in nearly every Morgan Cup in some way shape or fashion.
ah, that is really unfortunate. This place is really built on the contributors, and sounds like that was a major loss for all of us. Glad @jdtox can help keep memories alive.

I remember last summer when I came back to golf and THP, reading about The Morgan Cup and the amazing thread about Jake and his health issue at the time. The out pouring of support, kind words and tribute to him was really amazing to read.

Rumor and Innuendo of Driver issues among Team Hackers...

Trying to confirm. Could effect the opening line.

what is there a freaking mole in our midst? only problem we have is none of us have missed a fairway yet....
I hit a fairway....once.

Driver issue is relative - it is the best part of my game and I have yet to dial in the SZ standard to my liking. However, I am killing the Big Tour and averaging over 250 yards, so I may not need a driver :)

Driver issue is relative - it is the best part of my game and I have yet to dial in the SZ standard to my liking. However, I am killing the Big Tour and averaging over 250 yards, so I may not need a driver :)
The Big Tour is so good, isn’t it? I don’t average 250 with it, but it is great! I went from hitting the SZ really well to hitting it poorly in the last few rounds. But that is just me swinging poorly and I am sure I will get it back.

Based on my last 3-4 rounds the best thing about Utah is I didn't see a single tree on the course... Not sure what i'll hit instead but we'll find out.

The Big Tour is so good, isn’t it? I don’t average 250 with it, but it is great! I went from hitting the SZ really well to hitting it poorly in the last few rounds. But that is just me swinging poorly and I am sure I will get it back.
It is a great option for sure. I like it off the deck or from the tee. I may add a little more weight to it to get a heavier SW, but it has been really consistent for me.

what is there a freaking mole in our midst? only problem we have is none of us have missed a fairway yet....
Are you confirming the rumors? Lol

It is a great option for sure. I like it off the deck or from the tee. I may add a little more weight to it to get a heavier SW, but it has been really consistent for me.
I have a weight ordered to do the same thing. Hitting it from the deck was my number one pleasant surprise from the new bag. I have always liked a 3w off the tee, but off the deck I would usually go 5w or iron. I don’t have a 5w now and love hitting the big tour from the deck.

I planned to hit 290 yard 4 irons on every tee out there.

What is all this driver talk about?

Back