The 2021 Titleist Experience

Your dead to me but I'll answer your question anyway with a pop. JK I'm working through next Tuesday in the Beverly Hills area. So not only working but can't follow the forum much during the day.
Hahaha man, it was a tough choice!

Sucks you have to work right up to the event...but you're going to have such a good time.

Course looks so good.

Oh, and the irons...there's that.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Hahaha man, it was a tough choice!

Sucks you have to work right up to the event...but you're going to have such a good time.

Course looks so good.

Oh, and the irons...there's that.
The irons, people, and course have me pumped!
At least your best half...

Your dead to me but I'll answer your question anyway with a pop. JK I'm working through next Tuesday in the Beverly Hills area. So not only working but can't follow the forum much during the day.

Helps make the time go by faster though right? Better than just staring at the clock until you're free!

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Helps make the time go by faster though right? Better than just staring at the clock until you're free!
Pre-wire and pulling 43K feet of wire, so not much clock watching 🤪. But you are correct I would be going nuts if just at home!

So what’s the iron selections guys!

@GoldenBuff
@J4U
@gbtrsc
@mmaynard11
@MH
@Djack

Haha...instead of constant pool tools...I'll copy and past from earlier in the thread:
Will have in my Titleist Experience bag:

TSi4 8° Tensei Raw White 65 XS
Taylormade 2UDi Tensei White TX
4-GW T100s AMT White XS
RTX4 52-56-60-64 (52 will probably go away to make 14)
Oworks 2ball Red

So looking forward to this! Never played in NM and going to be so much fun playing at elevation...LOL.

Finishing up this evening with the ninth hole. Par 4 playing (BT 409yds / WT 349 yds). Talk about a carry…get rid because I’ve heard the back is if not as good better!

IMG_5640.jpeg

Finishing up this evening with the ninth hole. Par 4 playing (BT 409yds / WT 349 yds). Talk about a carry…get rid because I’ve heard the back is if not as good better!

The 9th hole is a great finishing hole for the front nine. With the tees on one side of an arroyo and the landing side on the other, tee shots must be precise in direction and distance. The fairway wraps around a 75-yard-long bunker complex on the right side with an unseen arroyo guarding the left side.

From the back tees, long hitters will be facing a carry-over of 250 yards into the wind to clear the bunker complex to a small landing area short of the green. More daring players may elect to aim between the bunkers and the arroyo, but smart players will favor a long iron or fairway wood and play short of the bunkers to the wide landing area. From the more forward tees, a player who can hit the ball at least 200 yards in the air should aim left of the bunkers and be rewarded with a short iron to the green for your second shot. For those of you that find the fairway bunkers, I’ve found that they are much friendlier than the desert lies.

Your approach shot will be to the green that is well bunkered in front and back with a narrow entrance set at an angle away from the player. The green slopes from left to right in the back left and from back to front in the left front creating a bowl effect because of the bunkers that surround it. A smart high handicap player would be well advised to play short of the green side bunkers and have an easy pitch to a green that will slope towards them. The middle of the green is bisected with a ridge that even mystifies me. The ridge has two sublime curves in it which present the player with a difficult green reading test. The ridge to the left has a more pronounced height than the one to the right which will normally make putts go away from the ridge. I say normally because the green will also slope from the right rear to the front with the ball wanting to go towards the drainage area in the right front of the green.

Good luck and maybe try out some of the putting drills I recommended before playing it. I have never been very good on this green, but I do love it.
ood on this green, but I do love it.

Quick announcement. At our meet and greet we have invited the director of golf from Black Mesa to come by and talk a little bit about the course. Answer any questions and meet everybody. She is awesome and with a competition in place I am sure any tips will be appreciated.
Top notch right here!!! You better believe I have been taking notes.

This course is unbelievable and you will meet the director!

Screenshot_20211014-210505.jpg

This week is going to crawl by.
Ready for this thingnto get kicked off!

You boys all working in the days leading up to this, or did you take off?
We just flew into Ohio for the weekend…head back to Florida on Monday. A day of work and hoping to get a round of golf in Tuesday then fly out on Wednesday morning.

We just flew into Ohio for the weekend…head back to Florida on Monday. A day of work and hoping to get a round of golf in Tuesday then fly out on Wednesday morning.
Ohio golf?

Not a bad idea on the Tuesday round. Roll into NM with your game as sharp as possible!

Quick announcement. At our meet and greet we have invited the director of golf from Black Mesa to come by and talk a little bit about the course. Answer any questions and meet everybody. She is awesome and with a competition in place I am sure any tips will be appreciated.

This is amazing and will be very helpful.👍

This is a pleasant surprise and all tips are greatly appreciated.

This is amazing and will be very helpful.👍
I agree! Any and all info is for soaking in! Remembering said information may be difficult for us matureier aged individuals.

Well got jealous about some of the fellas having a practice round on Wednesday so what did I do?!?!? Changed my flight so I could partake in the action!!!

Can’t wait!

Well got jealous about some of the fellas having a practice round on Wednesday so what did I do?!?!? Changed my flight so I could partake in the action!!!

I think based on the entries so far, Team Luke is the favorite heading in, but a lot of time to go and I am sure @JDax will have a preview/odds coming soon.

Team Luke was the favorite the minute it was formed!

Trying to do these Odds, and looking at the participants signatures and most haven't changed their irons on their signature.... :rolleyes:

Trying to do these Odds, and looking at the participants signatures and most haven't changed their irons on their signature.... :rolleyes:
The good news is every participant went to a fitter and was fit properly for their clubs.

Back