Friday night i had to inyerview a brewer to help my brother with his brewery project. It was very interesting, but we drank way to much to remember if his beers were any good.

Oh and i also had à six pack of Lake placid IPA yesterday... I feel weird today

Bristol Brewing laughing dog Scottish ale, freaking delicious
Just found out the wedding I am attending tonight's bar is being run by Bristol... Fn A that is good news.

Looks like I will Uber to the wedding.

I'm super into wine, and the husband of the daughter of a lifelong friend is super into beer. when we get together, we talk at each other about each other's respective loves. he recommended st Bernardus abt 12, so I picked it up after my 2-hour range session, and will be having it for dinner tonight! question: is it proper to chill this before drinking? if so, is refrigerator temp ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just feels like summer to me…

127f07af4aa1784cf08ce2cfe168b6dc.jpg

You know my thoughts on this fine beer. It's an American staple.

+1

A case of this is my go-to good beer when I'm at the store.

I'm super into wine, and the husband of the daughter of a lifelong friend is super into beer. when we get together, we talk at each other about each other's respective loves. he recommended st Bernardus abt 12, so I picked it up after my 2-hour range session, and will be having it for dinner tonight! question: is it proper to chill this before drinking? if so, is refrigerator temp ok?

I might be too late to answer, but for most béer, i like to serve them at fridge temp or just a bit warmer and taste how they develop as they get warmer

I might be too late to answer, but for most béer, i like to serve them at fridge temp or just a bit warmer and taste how they develop as they get warmer

yes, you're too late because I'm enjoying the last glass of this amazeballs beer. I chilled it in the fridge, consumed the first two glasses without re-chilling, then re-chilled for about 10 mins before pouring the last glass. I do the same with white and red wines.

for the beer, it's like nothing I've ever tasted. if this is what Belgian and more specifically trappist ale tastes like (as was suggested), I'm in baby.

yes, you're too late because I'm enjoying the last glass of this amazeballs beer. I chilled it in the fridge, consumed the first two glasses without re-chilling, then re-chilled for about 10 mins before pouring the last glass. I do the same with white and red wines.

for the beer, it's like nothing I've ever tasted. if this is what Belgian and more specifically trappist ale tastes like (as was suggested), I'm in baby.

belgian beers are awesome, but they can be very different from one another. simple belgians and tripels are light colored, doubles and quadrupels (like the bernadus 12) are darker. and each of htese four styles will or should have very distinctive aromas.

personally, my farvorite belgians are the triples, you can feel the weat in them and will taste very rich, sometimes fruity aromas. doubles and triples will most often then not have a caramel or honey finish, which is great, but I prefer the triples.

I am glad you enjoyed the experience, welcome to the beer geek club

------------------

or and I had a magic hat stealing time and a yuengling yesterday on the course, they were both great. the subtle ginger taste of the stealing time was very refreshing

belgian beers are awesome, but they can be very different from one another. simple belgians and tripels are light colored, doubles and quadrupels (like the bernadus 12) are darker. and each of htese four styles will or should have very distinctive aromas.

personally, my farvorite belgians are the triples, you can feel the weat in them and will taste very rich, sometimes fruity aromas. doubles and triples will most often then not have a caramel or honey finish, which is great, but I prefer the triples.

I am glad you enjoyed the experience, welcome to the beer geek club

------------------

or and I had a magic hat stealing time and a yuengling yesterday on the course, they were both great. the subtle ginger taste of the stealing time was very refreshing

awesome info on the belgians!

awesome info on the belgians!

I spent some time in Brussels and visited the St Feuillien Brewery, it was very interesting and eye opening, very different from north american methods.

I would suggest it to anyone that travels to that area. that and the fine belgien chocolates, fries and WAFFLES!

Last one of these from the Craft Beer Club

d5780546331ae53fbf625c0f1fe2ea7c.jpg

Good but I wouldn't buy it on a regular basis.

Shandy.

Let's keep this one on topic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436482319.083369.jpg

I had three incredible beers tonight.

We started with a sculpin and a grapefruit sculpin to see the difference and they were both incredible, but i liked the grapefruit one better.
We then openned a lagunitas hop stoopid ... Wow! That was just as good as the sculpins but in a very different way

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436494396.203975.jpglocal brew

Just a Silver Bullet after putting the twins down for the night. I have some Dales Pale Ales for the US game

Dos Equis Amber. Delicious on a hot day.

One of my favorites

9b2ab5c112605f8026dc315cdbf6a318.jpg

Harpoon UFO Big Squeeze might be my new favorite summer beer. Holy crap it's good

Two Women from New Glarus. Easily my favorite offering from them.

9f9c47b69752e55d1ec8202c6e36299e.jpg

Harpoon UFO Big Squeeze might be my new favorite summer beer. Holy crap it's good

One of my favorites. Overtaken by the place down the street from me that makes their own shandies from fresh squeezed juice, but still really great.

Silver bullets by the pool.

Back