Even though Blu doesn't approve, Lagunitas IPA with dinner for me.

Even though Blu doesn't approve, Lagunitas IPA with dinner for me.
Who cares those are delicious.

Have you ever tried the All Day IPA?

Cane Blade IPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer Thread

Beer Thread

Nope it's brewed about an hour from here it's phenomenal . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438551300.070992.jpg

Brewed in accordance with the German purity laws , whatever that means.

Back pocket brewing

Nope it's brewed about an hour from here it's phenomenal . View attachment 21226

Back pocket brewing

Sweet. Double IPA means double the fun haha

It's really smooth I like it a lot .

Yeah there is a DE Brewery that does a double IPA that is great and they are called Double Ds haha

Sam Adams Boston Lager

the grapefruit sculpin, has exactly zero grapefruit in it, they use a different kind of hops that has some aftertastes that looks like grapefruit, hence the name.

I'm a huge Sculpin fan and actually have a 15.5 gallon keg of it in my man cave right now. Grapefruit Sculpin is one of the best IPA's on the planet but they actually do use a little real grapefruit in it to give it it's grapefruit flavor. My buddy did a brewery tour there recently and the tour guide said they add Grapefruit rind.

For me Grapefruit Sculpin is in a class by itself when compared to other fruit flavored beers - it's really just a world class IPA with a hint of grapefruit aftertaste as you mentioned. I can't think of any other fruit beers that I would actually buy or drink except for Wisconsin Belgian Red from New Glarus.

From their website:
The Sculpin IPA is a testament to our humble beginnings as Home Brew Mart. It showcases bright flavors and aromas of apricot, peach, mango & lemon. The lighter body also brings out the crispness of the hops. The Sculpin fish has poisonous spikes on its fins that can give a strong sting. Ironically, the meat from a Sculpin fish is considered some of the tastiest. Something that has a sting but tastes great; sounds like a Ballast Point India Pale Ale. This version of our Sculpin IPA has grapefruit added; the grapefruit flavor really enhances the citrus aroma of the hops.

They call it a fractional IPA whatever that means haha
Same thing as a session IPA, less alcohol, supposedly meaning you can drink more of them. New Belgium Slow ride is a good one, and I've had a local one that is excellent, Cycle Brewerys fixie Session IPA

Same thing as a session IPA, less alcohol, supposedly meaning you can drink more of them. New Belgium Slow ride is a good one, and I've had a local one that is excellent, Cycle Brewerys fixie Session IPA
Ahh that makes sense.

I'm a huge Sculpin fan and actually have a 15.5 gallon keg of it in my man cave right now. Grapefruit Sculpin is one of the best IPA's on the planet but they actually do use a little real grapefruit in it to give it it's grapefruit flavor. My buddy did a brewery tour there recently and the tour guide said they add Grapefruit rind.

For me Grapefruit Sculpin is in a class by itself when compared to other fruit flavored beers - it's really just a world class IPA with a hint of grapefruit aftertaste as you mentioned. I can't think of any other fruit beers that I would actually buy or drink except for Wisconsin Belgian Red from New Glarus.

From their website:
The Sculpin IPA is a testament to our humble beginnings as Home Brew Mart. It showcases bright flavors and aromas of apricot, peach, mango & lemon. The lighter body also brings out the crispness of the hops. The Sculpin fish has poisonous spikes on its fins that can give a strong sting. Ironically, the meat from a Sculpin fish is considered some of the tastiest. Something that has a sting but tastes great; sounds like a Ballast Point India Pale Ale. This version of our Sculpin IPA has grapefruit added; the grapefruit flavor really enhances the citrus aroma of the hops.
I think there is a big difference between a fruit beer, like a Purple Haze, and a beer with a fruity hint, like Grapefruit Sculpin. I mean citrus flavors in IPAs is pretty common they just don't usually put in in the name. Funky Buddha bloody Orange is another really good one.

Nope it's brewed about an hour from here it's phenomenal . View attachment 21226

Back pocket brewing

Rheinheitsgebot (I think I spelled that right)

The only ingredients that could be used were water, barley, and hops.

26a9f68d436e886840619befc7b4c0ec.jpg

Dark, heavy coffee taste, 8% ABV

Very tasty!

From their website:

I stand corrected. I really thought it was the different hop, thanks

monday morning at the office... I could use a beer right now

Summer beers still have my attention.

Tallgrass Halcyon Wheat
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat
Boulevard Radler

And the occasional Oberon

Summer beers still have my attention.

Tallgrass Halcyon Wheat
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat
Boulevard Radler

And the occasional Oberon

The Radler is a good one.

Thrilled I can get it here.

It is good.

I was out on Friday and tried a couple true Sours and they make Radler seem very tame. Radler is much, MUCH more drinkable though. The only thing is that I think it erodes my insides because bad things happen the next day if I have more than two.

From their website:

Not beer.

#TeamTradition

Man this stuff really does taste like root beer.

43ce2ce3bd466604c0416bb3d4a69e12.jpg

Man this stuff really does taste like root beer.

43ce2ce3bd466604c0416bb3d4a69e12.jpg
Yes it does, I bought a 6 pack for my wife and she loves it.

Back