The Bubba Watson Thread

Tiger has done bad if not worse things? Hes done way worse things! So ppl hate Bubba because he has berated his caddie, cursed a few times, refused to sign autographs a few times, and has been mad at the crowd for some distractions, and the rain incident.

Now lets look at Tiger. Tiger has berated his caddie be4. Cursed many many times on the course. He refuses to sign autographs more than anyone on the tour. Mad at the crowd for distractions? How bout the camera click freak out? Let's not forget that he has cheated on his wife probably more times than he can remember. I dont hate Tiger im just saying hes a worse person than Bubba.

What it comes down to is that ppl hate "in your face" Christians. People who let their religion be known. Like Tim Tebow. Literally the nicest person in all of sports. Literally never done a thing wrong but ppl hate him. And ppl who say they hate him because he shouldnt be a QB is bs. Ppl are gushing over Hunley from UCLA who has had more accuracy issues than Tebow.

Ppl wont admit to it, but they hate people who profess their faith publicly. And this is not coming from me being a "in your face" Christian. I just hate people who arent transparent with their thoughts. The only Bubba haters I respect are ones who say "I hate Bubba because of his stance on homosexuality". I agree that Bubba should not have professed his thoughts on that one. Even tho its part of his faith. It was wrong.
Jesus had $500,000 watch to. Jesus also showed off and boasted about his worldly possessions.

What monster has said that? I have yet to read a single post with those thoughts.
Indirectly the same has been said, he does the good things for PR.

For what it's worth, I don't see that as an act of heroism. It could be done for altruistic reasons, or could be done because because you want a kid and prefer adopting or can't have one naturally.

What monster has said that? I have yet to read a single post with those thoughts.
It was a joke l, because ppl are claiming he runs charities and donates millions for kids as a PR stunt

I don't think it's a PR stunt that he donates to charity. I just don't think it means he's not a douche.

Or maybe I should say - acts like a douche.

Ppl wont admit to it, but they hate people who profess their faith publicly. And this is not coming from me being a "in your face" Christian. I just hate people who arent transparent with their thoughts. The only Bubba haters I respect are ones who say "I hate Bubba because of his stance on homosexuality". I agree that Bubba should not have professed his thoughts on that one. Even tho its part of his faith. It was wrong.

I don't hate people who profess their faith publicly. I could care less what one person believes in over another. I don't believe in any of it. I think religion has done more harm than good and people use it as a crutch and excuse for their actions. I don't need a religious book/manual to tell me to be nice to people, or be a good person, or to refrain from killing pepole. But I'm not going to hate someone because they believe something and decide to go public with it. The thing with Bubba is that he says one thing and does another, then apologizes for it and says he needs to work on it, then we see him doing the same stuff later on down the road. He is a complete fake and people can see that.

Jesus had $500,000 watch to. Jesus also showed off and boasted about his worldly possessions.
So what? We all do? We put our WITB signatures on here? We all love getting nice things and being able to show them. If I had his money id buy the freaking batmobile and drive it to tourneys. Who cares? I dont see ppl freaking out about Tigers private jet.

Indirectly the same has been said, he does the good things for PR.

For what it's worth, I don't see that as an act of heroism. It could be done for altruistic reasons, or could be done because because you want a kid and prefer adopting or can't have one naturally.
I'm not in Bubba's head. I don't know why he does his charity work. Or why he adapted his kids. I love seeing his emotions. Especially around them. It's hard to fake those.

I had a friend I used to work with that acted just like Bubba, a lot of guys all thought he was a total dueche but this guy would yell at you one second while giving you the shirt off his back the same time. He would say all the time that I don't know why I get like this I just do and always have. I always felt bad for him cause I knew it bothered him that he got that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what? We all do? We put our WITB signatures on here? We all love getting nice things and being able to show them. If I had his money id buy the freaking batmobile and drive it to tourneys. Who cares? I dont see ppl freaking out about Tigers private jet.
He's allowed to have money. He's allowed to spend it.

I don't hate people who profess their faith publicly. I could care less what one person believes in over another. I don't believe in any of it. I think religion has done more harm than good and people use it as a crutch and excuse for their actions. I don't need a religious book/manual to tell me to be nice to people, or be a good person, or to refrain from killing pepole. But I'm not going to hate someone because they believe something and decide to go public with it. The thing with Bubba is that he says one thing and does another, then apologizes for it and says he needs to work on it, then we see him doing the same stuff later on down the road. He is a complete fake and people can see that.
Its not necessarily fake. Its being human? How many struggle with substance abuse, weight issues, impulsive buying, smoking, alcoholism, etc. And profess "today im going to work on this" and never go through with it? I know I have, I have started diets and told people about them and fell thru with it. Its human nature. He seems to be working on things, but clearly there is a deeper underlying mood disorder or something with him. He not using his faith as a crutch, hes using it as healing. Like he said in that article, he wont seek help from another on his issues, he only seeks help through God and the Bible.

Like he said in that article, he wont seek help from another on his issues, he only seeks help through God and the Bible.

How's that working out for him?

Some love him, some hate him. We all have opinions, not sure why we have to justify it one way or another on either side of the line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Some love him, some hate him. We all have opinions, not sure why we have to justify it one way or another on either side of the line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It's a discussion. It hasn't gotten personal. I'm not sure anything had crossed any lines.

It's a discussion. It hasn't gotten personal. I'm not sure anything had crossed any lines.

No lines crossed at all, just a general statement not directed at anyone in particular.

I like watching guys like tiger and Bubba swing their clubs on the course. I can't stand the attitude that comes with it at times though. I'm a younger who grew up watching tiger in his prime, but as I get older and realize what's important I root less and less for guys like him and more for the laid back guys that seem thankful to be in their position and doing what they love for a living. I've altered my opinion on a many of childhood hero now that my blinders have come off. I just don't understand the seemingly hero type worship some of these guys get regardless of their accomplishments. That all being said, the more varied the personalities on tour, the better for interest in the sport.

To say Tiger doesn't get the backlash is saying you are not reading the threads.
Maybe I just don't read as much emotion and bitterness in some of those posts, it seems like there is much more anger in some of the comments towards Bubba than Tiger, just an observation. I'm also not a Tiger fan, so I that may be part of my thoughts as a whole. But I have to say I'm slowly leaving the Bubba bandwagon and probably more on the fence now.

To say Tiger doesn't get the backlash is saying you are not reading the threads.
I think some it is more of a perceived more backlash and less fans for Bubba than Tiger.
I'm not in Bubba's head. I don't know why he does his charity work. Or why he adapted his kids. I love seeing his emotions. Especially around them. It's hard to fake those.
I think that's actually why I was drawn to Bubba originally, it was easy to see/hear what he was thinking, he wore his emotions on his sleeve!

Maybe I just don't read as much emotion and bitterness in some of those posts, it seems like there is much more anger in some of the comments towards Bubba than Tiger, just an observation. I'm also not a Tiger fan, so I that may be part of my thoughts as a whole. But I have to say I'm slowly leaving the Bubba bandwagon and probably more on the fence now.
Agree I read alot more personal hate towards Bubba. It feels more like Tiger is getting talked about because of poor play more than Character flaws

I have decided that I am no longer going to hate, dislike people that do not directly affect my life. I have asked people to except me as I am and I will do the same. I have too little time to waste on hating or talking poorly about someone and their actions.

I may have different beliefs than others but that doesn't make me a bad person. I can't afford to hate, it takes away from the love I have.

I've made some mistakes, and I'm working to fix them and become a better person.
I've made some mistakes, and I'm working to fix them and become a better person.

I think that might be why a lot of people don't like him. They're not buying it anymore.

I have decided that I am no longer going to hate, dislike people that do not directly affect my life. I have asked people to except me as I am and I will do the same. I have too little time to waste on hating or talking poorly about someone and their actions.

I may have different beliefs than others but that doesn't make me a bad person. I can't afford to hate, it takes away from the love I have.
You bring up a really good point Freddie, and something I'm working with my 6 year old daughter on, I have a tendency to use the word hate too much, in regards to anything, and she calls me out on it.

In regards to Bubba it brings up a very good point, especially when it comes to her, she loves Bubba, not for anything else, but because he games a pink driver. Would I want her to use Bubba as a role model, no. But maybe I'm a bit too critical of others and maybe becoming more of him.

I may use the actions golfers make on and off the course to dictate who I root for, but you make a good point about not rooting against people.

Wow, this is such an interesting and odd thread. It's like Bubba has personally burned down people's houses or something.

All I see is s world-class athlete and fierce competitor who gets emotional on the course (unlike anyone ever to play the game), has odd answers to bizarre media questions (ever do a national media interview?), or spends money has he legitimately earned (how freaking un-American). All I know about the person comes from the media (yeah, that's objective) or supposed 2nd, 3rd, 1000th hand info (yeah, that's totally believable). I think as a golf fan I'll stick with enjoying Bubba the golfer. Same goes for Tiger, Rory, DJ, and all the rest.

Now back to his swing. How does he do that?

You bring up a really good point Freddie, and something I'm working with my 6 year old daughter on, I have a tendency to use the word hate too much, in regards to anything, and she calls me out on it.

In regards to Bubba it brings up a very good point, especially when it comes to her, she loves Bubba, not for anything else, but because he games a pink driver. Would I want her to use Bubba as a role model, no. But maybe I'm a bit too critical of others and maybe becoming more of him.

I may use the actions golfers make on and off the course to dictate who I root for, but you make a good point about not rooting against people.

This word is not allowed to be said in our house because of the kiddos. We consider "hate" as a bad word and there are more appropriate words to use to express their feelings. Agree with Freddie.

Back