The Car Shopping Thread

Sonata is actually a bit more expensive from the numbers the sales guy threw out but does have a lot of bells and whistles.... I do like their warranty. I'm going to drive the Accord again tonight.

When I was looking they were taking HUGE numbers off on the Sonatas. I was surprised the MSRP was higher than the Accord for similarly optioned vehicles, but they OTD price was significantly lower. Oddly enough our local dealership was hardly budging. Might want to check around.

Finally in the market for a new car. I've had my Mazda3 for 6 and a half years now. Its a 2006 with 140k miles and time for an upgrade. I'm looking at the 2016 Mazda CX-5 for the AWD and huge upgrade in cargo room. I'm a little torn between financing and leasing, but will probably try to lease this one. Can anyone provide some insight on the best time to look for lease deals and how to potentially negotiate terms with dealers?

now that is how you handle a recall situation.

some companies could learn from watching Tesla

I think it is time to add a truck to the household. Have my eyes on a 2013 Nissan Titan SV 4x4 with 16K miles.

I have never financed a car that I am buying from a private seller. I am buying the car for more than he owes on it. How does that exactly work? Does the bank that I'm using write a check for his payoff to his bank and then the rest to him personally?

I have never financed a car that I am buying from a private seller. I am buying the car for more than he owes on it. How does that exactly work? Does the bank that I'm using write a check for his payoff to his bank and then the rest to him personally?

Exactly. Your bank will get a payoff from his bank and pay them to secure the title. Then make a payment to the seller for the rest.

Sonata is actually a bit more expensive from the numbers the sales guy threw out but does have a lot of bells and whistles.... I do like their warranty. I'm going to drive the Accord again tonight.

I have an 11 sonata with the turbo. Only person to ever put miles on it. After 50,000 I'm still really happy with it. New battery and tires and haven't had any issues. Love all the features. Still feels sporty too. That doesn't work for me in an accord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have an opinion on subaru? Looking in to them for their safety reasons and ive never heard one person complain about one

Anyone have an opinion on subaru? Looking in to them for their safety reasons and ive never heard one person complain about one

I've had 3 and my parents have one. The best one was the 1993 Legacy. I didn't care for my 2013 Legacy and my parents really hate their 07 Legacy GT. It has a ton of tiny problems and Subaru can't (or won't) figure most of them out.

My parents have a new Outback and absolutely love it! Pretty solid car and drives nice.

A lot of upsides. They are having oil consumption issues with their 2.0l engines - above and beyond what is considered "normal" for those engines. Anything with the 2.5l should be solid.

I have had an 06 Outback and now have a 13 Forester and have had no major issues with either through the roughly 240,000 miles I've put on them. Expect to pay a bit more for maintenance since you have two diffs to take care of and changing spark plugs is akin to minor surgery given the engine layout. But if you keep up with everything they are incredibly dependable.

So I think I've narrowed it down to three sports... Jetta, Accord, Sonata. Any thoughts out there? Or even options I should look at? My transmission going out has not made this a fun search. I hate doing things in a rush.

My thoughts are that I would be looking at hatchbacks, assuming this is a vehicle in which I would be sending her to college. I lean toward a Subaru Forester here, a lot of space, very crashworthy, and I suspect a bit easier on the insurance than any of the new vehicles listed.

I passed on a Toyota hatchback for a sedan when I got a car for college and looking back I realize how dumb that was when I recall cramming things into back seats once summer break hit.

My thoughts are that I would be looking at hatchbacks, assuming this is a vehicle in which I would be sending her to college. I lean toward a Subaru Forester here, a lot of space, very crashworthy, and I suspect a bit easier on the insurance than any of the new vehicles listed.

I passed on a Toyota hatchback for a sedan when I got a car for college and looking back I realize how dumb that was when I recall cramming things into back seats once summer break hit.
I'm long done with college. ?

These Toyota Sequoia's must be worth their weight in gold bc getting dealerships to reduce the price is damn near impossible.

I get they are popular and extremely reliable, but I'm a pre qualified buyer and ready to trade in a vehicle that I'm not upside down on. You would think I would be the kind of buyer they would want to make sure a deal gets done with.

These Toyota Sequoia's must be worth their weight in gold bc getting dealerships to reduce the price is damn near impossible.

I get they are popular and extremely reliable, but I'm a pre qualified buyer and ready to trade in a vehicle that I'm not upside down on. You would think I would be the kind of buyer they would want to make sure a deal gets done with.

I've complained to Toyota 100x in their surveys about this thing exactly .

My one gripe with this company .

I've complained to Toyota 100x in their surveys about this thing exactly .

My one gripe with this company .

The only thing I can think of is that we are looking at used and based on the model we are looking at there is t much more wiggle room for the dealership to make money on. I know they make money on the financing and me being pre qualified puts a dent in that profit.

Rough part is we've found one, buts it's in Dallas.

Yah used the won't budge an inch.

The only thing I can think of is that we are looking at used and based on the model we are looking at there is t much more wiggle room for the dealership to make money on. I know they make money on the financing and me being pre qualified puts a dent in that profit.

But you can get a round in with the DFW crew which is worth thousands (assuming BIG TIME shows up).

But you can get a round in with the DFW crew which is worth thousands (assuming BIG TIME shows up).

Trust me, when I saw where it was I immediately started trying to figure out how to get a round of golf in!

Didn't you just play with me this week??!! You're starting to sound like my wife.

Didn't you just play with me this week??!! You're starting to sound like my wife.

BIG TIME showing up is getting a bit less predictable.

I apologized to Lindsey last time I saw her.

BIG TIME showing up is getting a bit less predictable.

I apologized to Lindsey last time I saw her.

If you guys didn't play in El Paso it would be easier. Till then BigTex and I make due!

Buy it and I will drive it down Friday for you

I have a 2010 Outback, the first year of the new body style. They still have head gasket issues. I just replaced mine at 68,000 miles. Under the extended warranty, thank goodness. Other than that I haven't had any issues. Make sure to get the extended warranty.

I'll probably buy another one, and when I do, it will have the extra warranty on it.

The car market just got more complex for me. Considering the 16 kia Sorrento , either subaru Forrester, outback and now the Highlander. The Sorrento and Highlander have better looks, IMHO . leaning toward those two due to bigger interior and fits more. I've priced with options and both would be similar costs. Highlander could be giving an edged due to interior finish and quality, its close . Subaru would be given edge due to Superior crash ratings and eyesight feature. I'm leaning towards subaru for the safety reasons, but I'm willing to bet wife will be leaning towards the other cause of exterior appeal

Back